Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone should absolutely LOVE that Collins is coming back again. That saves what I think would have resulted in a pick being used on OT in the first three rounds somewhere. Harvey ?? Nothing to see here. It would be great if he were to realize his monster potential, but he hasn't been able to do that and couldn't even crack the starting lineup in Denver last year at DE. Maybe Zimmer can get him to give us at least what we lost in either Rucker or Fanene. I just have no faith in that happening. Hoping against hope ??

Harvey is nothing to get excited about... but he should be able to adequately fill the role that Rucker had last year.

By the sounds of things, the Bengals will be announcing two more signings on the D-Line later today. Sims and Jamaal Anderson are my guess, and I'll be happy enough with that.

Mike Brown loves giving those 1st round busts a shot. While I have no expectation of them living up to their draft stock... it'll be nice if they can merely fill the shoes of Rucker and Fanene.

I remember thinking

*.......just one more pick ahead of us, and Derrick Harvey is still available.......thank god, the team ahead of us doesnt need a DE..........oh crap, whats this, Jacksonville jumped up a bunch of spots, and......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO they took Harvey.........*

and then, just before despair set in

*....oh well, I guess Keith Rivers wont be a bad consolation prize........*

and of course, neither player has done much of note

Jamaal Anderson is now a Bengal as well, and should fit right in with the d-line rotation.

Meh. Rucker with less pass rush in him.

I don't mind this pick up think Zim could get the most out of these guys

Just once in a while it might be nice to start with some talent, versus the trash-to-average (hopefully) approach.

Oh well. I suppose I should have learned to be happy with scraps by now.

Jamaal Anderson is now a Bengal as well, and should fit right in with the d-line rotation.

Meh. Rucker with less pass rush in him.

I don't mind this pick up think Zim could get the most out of these guys

Just once in a while it might be nice to start with some talent, versus the trash-to-average (hopefully) approach.

Oh well. I suppose I should have learned to be happy with scraps by now.

No, you'll never be happy with anything the Bengals do. Thanks for sharing.

Getting Collins back is great news, especially given Moobs' uncertain future in Cincy.

Bengals reportedly on the brink of adding The Law Firm.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2012/3/21/2890600/2012-nfl-free-agency-bengals-close-to-signing-rb-benjarvus-green

:sure:

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-MONIvP6kI

Per shefty & Reedy WE GOT HIM (Nelson) BACK!

:sure:

Nate Livings to visit Dallas.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4690859/nate-livings-scheduled-to-visit-cowboys

Go get 'em Jerry! You da man!

Panthers fans seem to think it's a good signing. I know nothing about the guy but from what little I've read he sounds like an upgrade from Livings. Walter rated him the 5th best G in FA and had this to say:

Travelle Wharton is mediocre in pass protection, but he's one hell of a run-blocker. He was cut because he was owed almost $6 million in 2012. Wharton will be a good signing for power-blocking teams.

So props to the FO for finally getting off the schnide.

Though I dont generally hate these types of pick ups. It seems to promote high turnover and locker room instability since these players in their minds think they are still good. So if Zimmer breathes life into them, in a year they will think they are the player they used to be. Then demand ridiculous money or speak out because they think they know how it should be done.

Lets see how Anderson and Harvey do - but everyone involved knows we got them on the cheap. I guess low risk.

This team is filled with 1st round guys now it's up to the coaches to get the most out of them.

After that many years, nobody cares what round you were drafted. To me, it just accentuates the fact that the Bengals likely lack decent scouting reports on current NFL players, so they dredge out the reports they had when the players were drafted. Hence why they end up with so many underperforming first rounders from yesteryear.

Don't see how people can be unhappy with these pickups being not like their for sure going to male the team.plus these guys had 1sta rnd talent for a reason so maybe zimm diggs deep and finds that talent or maybe he just finds enough to replace fanene and rucker who neither one of really high ceiling guys just above avg guys who worked in rotation...does any one really see ruckee going on to have success Justin smith did? Worst case we can still draft someone.

These so no hot free agents have been great contributers to our team..Reggie nelson cedric benson manny lawson(who I hope we bring back well developing moch) howard clements crocker (thouh hope hes done >_<) dhani ,leonard... hell every time we spend money seems bite is in the ass Coles,byrant,te whos name cant remember from colts... thoigh ai did wisj we would have gotten wimbley hes exactly what marvin has been wanting in a slb since he has gotten here

These so no hot free agents have been great contributers to our team..Reggie nelson cedric benson manny lawson(who I hope we bring back well developing moch) howard clements crocker (thouh hope hes done >_<) dhani ,leonard... hell every time we spend money seems bite is in the ass Coles,byrant,te whos name cant remember from colts... thoigh ai did wisj we would have gotten wimbley hes exactly what marvin has been wanting in a slb since he has gotten here

Wimbley is on his third team in 6 years. Although no one wants to keep him around, he keeps landing on his feet somwhere else.

Wimbley is on his third team in 6 years. Although no one wants to keep him around, he keeps landing on his feet somwhere else.

What does that tell you about a player?