Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

Allen looks fine, hopefully he can benefit from different coaching and continue the improvement he began in Houston.

That video of him getting torched by Moss should concern no one. One of the worst beatings I ever saw a cornerback take was at the hands of Moss. He ran a really simple route, straight down the middle. He had the corner on his right hip, and no safety in the middle. Moss barely even looked like he was running hard. He waved his hand in the air about ten yards into the route, then caught the touchdown one handed. The corner he beat? Darrelle Revis (who was so humiliated he promptly faked a hamstring pull). Moss was a straight up freak.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are still two of our own that i'm wondering about.

Pat Sims and Anthony Collins.

Thornton said on twitter yesterday that he had talked with pat and that he had been getting some interest. No details, though. I'd like to see him back, too.

Haven't heard boo on Collins.

Word has it that Green-Ellis visited the Bengals on Sunday.

Bush met with Marvin at Arizona State's pro day, His visit with Cincinnati does not start until Monday, however. He has already visited the Bears. They didn’t sign him so we still have a chance.

Don't let him get away Mike.

I think Bengals are the only team offering him closer to a starting role. I think he signs here unless the Bengals offer is bad.

All Michael Bush has done is produce on the field when given the ball. Surprised more teams aren't interested. He doesn't have a bum knee or anything like that does he?

Over at CJ Jason sifted through Wharton's PFF numbers from past years to see how he did with a more conventional QB like Delhomme or Claussen. The numbers are interesting. Basically, pre-Cam, Wharton's rankings were reversed: he was a solid pass protector, but not much to speak of in the run-blocking department. I agree with Jason, that's probably more reflective of what we'll get.

Reedy says because Bush has not finished his visit he is still there. They only announce it when they are done

Well hopefully that is a good sign then ;) Or Kidnapping him if he doesn't sign by end of the night,I do like idea of getting Stewart but if there isn't much difference between him and Bush I'd side with Bush so we keep our Draft Pick.

Over at CJ Jason sifted through Wharton's PFF numbers from past years to see how he did with a more conventional QB like Delhomme or Claussen. The numbers are interesting. Basically, pre-Cam, Wharton's rankings were reversed: he was a solid pass protector, but not much to speak of in the run-blocking department. I agree with Jason, that's probably more reflective of what we'll get.

Ya I was thinking how much of it had to do with Cam and Design of their Plays.

Reedy said that he might be a fake account so maybe not Hoosier. I guess if they do he will be the 4th CB, and means Ghee is gone. Probably also means jones is done.

No word on bush so maybe the visit isn't till tomorrow

a signing of newman guarantees nothing, and it certainly does not mean that Ghee is gone, or Jones for that matter. there's still 6 months to go until cut-down day.

This is one way I don't want to see Jones gone from the CB corps.

Newman brings nothing to a secondary that already has issues.

Speaking of a player the Bengals are looking at the brings nothing, how about Derrick Harvey ??

This guy was an absolute BEAST coming out of Florida. Everything you could have hoped for coming off the edge in a 4-3 scheme. Prototypical DE with All-Pro ability. Except there's one problem. He f*cking sucks.

Seriously, I don't know what happened to him. There was a hold out, change in defensive scheme and then another during his time in Jacksonville. He never became the guy they gave up so much to move up and draft. He went to Denver last year and could never crack the starting rotation of DE's due to his inability to put any type of pressure on the QB.

If we pick him up, I will be pissed. Don't talk about potential, because after this long, he should have realized it.

Anybody even know if bush visited at all nobody said anything and reedy said last night it was still going on?

I think he was visiting Seattle today (Tues) so no doubt he/his agent will wait til thats done and see how the $$ stack up afore making a decision.

Historically the Bengals don't make any announcements until a contract has been signed, therefore I would say they're still in the hunt and waiting to hear from the Bush camp.

This is one way I don't want to see Jones gone from the CB corps.

Newman brings nothing to a secondary that already has issues.

Speaking of a player the Bengals are looking at the brings nothing, how about Derrick Harvey ??

This guy was an absolute BEAST coming out of Florida. Everything you could have hoped for coming off the edge in a 4-3 scheme. Prototypical DE with All-Pro ability. Except there's one problem. He f*cking sucks.

Seriously, I don't know what happened to him. There was a hold out, change in defensive scheme and then another during his time in Jacksonville. He never became the guy they gave up so much to move up and draft. He went to Denver last year and could never crack the starting rotation of DE's due to his inability to put any type of pressure on the QB.

If we pick him up, I will be pissed. Don't talk about potential, because after this long, he should have realized it.

I see Newman as the same pick-up that Tory James was at the time. Towards the end of his career, a sometimes liability, but also a savvy player who can flash when necessary. I would be OK with getting Newman, assuming he is healthy. He can't be any worse than Ghee or Murray, especially when we have NO idea really how Leon Hall will look coming back.

As for Harvey, he is an enigma. All the tools, none of the production. I fail to see how he could be worse than Geathers, though. Losing versatile guys like Fanaene and Ruscker pinch the line depth down to almost nothing. I am very surprised they have not done more to address DE/DT. Seems like that now is a huge question mark.

I'd really like them to get a FA Wr of those tht are still out there. The whole Wallace ploy, getting him or handcuffing the Steelers to him, is making a lot of sense to me.

I feel that RB, OL, and LB can be thoroughly worked in the draft.