Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

I would rather see them go with whatever rookie they draft starting at CB from the start. I guess if they view Newman as an upgrade to what we have on the roster, then fine, but that's a pretty sad state of affairs. Then again our secondary has major issues.

Although i'm not a huge Geathers fan, he's a much better player than Harvey ever has been since being drafted #8 overall.

If all they need is a rotational guy, I think there are others out there better.

I rather see them move DeQuin Evans to DE and see what he would bring in the rotation.

Besides performance enhancing drugs of course...

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the word on Bush I've heard almost nothing about him outside he visited us & Bears.

Sounds like at least 4 teams will be bidding for Bush so his price tag could be pretty high

Doubt it will be that bad being Franchise tag for RB is what 5-6 million?

PS,How pissed would be if we Read a Week from now Bengals resign Cedric Benson.

Well, with the deal Tolbert took in Carolina, RB's can't be happy. That deal seemed to bring down the value of the RB in this FA period and isn't helped by the fact that there is good RB talent in the draft through the first three rounds.

I don't know how much money we should really throw at a player when they could go younger and get more out of them, but I would still be very pleased to see Bush brought in the mix. It will be interesting to see how Bush is viewed with some of those other teams, but I don't think anyone is giving him the chance to be "the man" outside of a rotation. If that's the case, I think the Bengals should look pretty good, because even in the rotation, he would still get the Lions share.

I still don't want Newman and after they add at least one CB in the draft, I don't think he has a spot here.

If they indeed bring back Jones, Newman can forget it.

Wimbley ?? Not surprising they went looking, but that is also probably because Lawson is a FA and while the thought is that he wants to come back, they have to make sure they have themselves covered. It never hurts to attempt to upgrade when you can. At least they were looking huh ??

I don't know why some people are so adamant against the idea of signing Terence Newman. It s not like he would demand any guarantees or commitments. If he wants to prove something, and Zim thinks he can still play, why not? If his tank is indeed empty, then he gets cut. As for Derrick Harvey, I don't see the problem in a minimum deal to see if he can adapt to a rotational role. The guy unquestionably had 1st round talent. It is also clear that the light has yet to go on for the kid. He's in a group with Jamaal Anderson and Jarvis Moss-all first round DE busts. I wouldn't sign any of them with the hope they could still become elite pass rushers, but I would give them a chance to show whether they have anything to offer as a role player.

Prefered Bush because seemed like have better fit in West Coast,But 26 with not alot ware on his tires can't complain.

I agree that Bush is a better receiver... and while he was my first choice, he did wear down toward the end of the season, despite splitting carries at the beginning of the year. Troublesome to say the least.

Green-Ellis is a more than adequate Benson replacement. He'll be an upgrade over what Benson brought in 2011. He runs hard between the tackles, has a nose for the endzone and has never fumbled in his NFL career. Very attractive.

It frees up the first round of the draft, and the Bengals could still draft an upgrade over Scott in the 3rd or 4th round. I'm happy.

Now... time to sign a couple D-Linemen.

Law firm was my first choice so I am pretty damn pleased.

Get a complementary back in 2nd round and get after it.

If David Wilson falls to the Bengals 2nd round pick, I'd be good with that. I just don't expect that to happen. I expect Richardson, Polk, Miller, Martin, and Wilson all to go in the first 50 picks.

If I'm right, I'd prefer to wait until the 4th round and grab a guy like Pead or LeMichael James.

I def dont want them to reach in round 2 but I dont expect all those guys to be gone either. Regardless, if they were to get james in 3 or 4 I would be thrilled. He is exact kind of back to complement law firm.

Law firm was my first choice so I am pretty damn pleased.

Get a complementary back in 2nd round and get after it.

If David Wilson falls to the Bengals 2nd round pick, I'd be good with that. I just don't expect that to happen. I expect Richardson, Polk, Miller, Martin, and Wilson all to go in the first 50 picks.

If I'm right, I'd prefer to wait until the 4th round and grab a guy like Pead or LeMichael James.

Why now worry about a RB? Scott, Green-Ellis, Peerman and Leonard...and Pressley. Solid to me.

Why burn a pick on Pead or James? THey don't return punts or kicks...

I'd like to see a Scott replaced.

If the Bengals are considering a true RB by committee, they need better depth. Scott was given more of a role in 2011 with 112 carries and he underwhelmed. Only 3.4 yards per carry and repeatedly showed himself to be an unreliable receiver.

If you want to argue that Pead and James aren't the answer, I'll listen... but don't tell me that the Bengals are set at RB. Scott simply isn't very good.

I mentioned it in the BJGE thread and will be happy to repeat it here.

Scott is underwhelming. An upgrade can be had later on.

Indeed hence why would still love see Richardson in the 1st or someone like Lamichael James in the 3rd.

I guess the Lions are scoping him out but they alrdy have small speedy back.

Indeed hence why would still love see Richardson in the 1st or someone like Lamichael James in the 3rd.

I guess the Lions are scoping him out but they alrdy have small speedy back.

If you're referring to Best... he can't stay healthy. The concussion issues are very worrisome. I expect the Lions to find his replacement this year.