Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Visit: Back On!

I find it interesting that for all of the interest that other teams have... the Bengals are the only confirmed visit to this point.

A rescheduled visit is different than a cancelled visit. And while some may view the rescheduling as a slap in the face... it is still better than no visit at all. I still like the Bengals chances to get this done.

Apparently the Pats are also looking very hard at Okoye.

The Bucs and Broncos are also in the mix.

I think our chances drop dramatically in that situation.

wow, you are chicken little. other teams are reported to have an interest in Okoye and you conclude that the Bengals' chances to sign him "drop dramatically". as if the Bengals only have a good chance of signing a player if no one else is interested. ridiculous. you are a mainstay of this dying board,aren't you?

wow, you are chicken little. other teams are reported to have an interest in Okoye and you conclude that the Bengals' chances to sign him "drop dramatically". as if the Bengals only have a good chance of signing a player if no one else is interested. ridiculous. you are a mainstay of this dying board,aren't you?

And you are always the positive upbeat one here right ??

Thanks !!!

From a historical aspect of things, the Bengals don't get into bidding wars with other teams.

The Patriots offer a Super Bowl opportunity that is above that of the Bengals regardless of how any may feel here.

The Bucs have two injury prone starters that would allow Okoye a chance at starting we wont.

The Broncos have an equal if not more amount of money to spend.

So please enlighten us.

Does that mean it wont happen ?? Of course not, just my opinion.

Here's another, feel free to depart this "dying board" if you are so dissatisfied.

What could a guy with 100+ NFL starts offer to a young draftee?? May be a smart (mentoring) move in the long run and hope they still keep a draft slot open. But then again, tthis IS the Bengals were talking about here :frustrated:

Bell is a depth signing. He had a bad 2011... but he's been decent in the past. I don't have a problem with it as long as they don't see him as a starter. And I don't think they do.

If they don't get a starting RG in the draft, I expect them to bring Bobbie back.

There are still some decent stop-gap solutions to most of the Bengals needs available in FA (except for CB)... so I like the flexibility Cincy has in the draft. They can really let the draft fall to them knowing that they have a plan B in FA. That strategy has served them well the last 3 years.

Why is it that we seem to target FA's from teams that were dead last in their division or really bad? Why couldn't we sign a player from the super bowl Champs; 49ers got their RB!!! Or a team that made it deep into the playoffs. Instead we scout the Miami's, Rams, Colts type teams....

Oh no!!! They drafted an average player for depth!!! Stupid Bengals!!! Might as well call it a season, boys, and start looking towards 2013. Why do you think they'll draft?

Anyway, I watched Jacob Bell play for the Titans for several years and he was serviceable. No biggie...

Thanks !!!

From a historical aspect of things, the Bengals don't get into bidding wars with other teams.

The Patriots offer a Super Bowl opportunity that is above that of the Bengals regardless of how any may feel here.

The Bucs have two injury prone starters that would allow Okoye a chance at starting we wont.

So please enlighten us.

Here's another, feel free to depart this "dying board" if you are so dissatisfied.

And there you go...
/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/07/bucs-land-amobi-okoye/

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the Bengals to grab up Okoye and I think they messed up in their planning. Oh well.

Thanks !!!

So please enlighten us.

And there you go...

http://profootballta...nd-amobi-okoye/

Don't get me wrong, I really wanted the Bengals to grab up Okoye and I think they messed up in their planning. Oh well.

Either that or they just really weren't as excited about the guy as the rest of us were...

Or. They have certain draft plans that we're unaware of.

I'll admit it. I'm bummed the Bengals didn't land Okoye. But I'm also not crushed.

The Bengals could still be planning on addressing it in the draft... and if not, there is still a pass-rushing DT out there that I think is better than Okoye... Derek Landri. Haven't heard any interest in him outside of Tampa, who just signed Okoye. Cincy should have a look at him.