Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Put that knee on the ground and that fist on the forehead and Tebow in praise of THE LORD because...

...the Benals are close to re-signing DENNIS ROLAND!

[houshmandzadeh commercial voice]Championship![/houshmandzadeh commercial voice]

And per Reedy on twitter just now, Roland is officially back. Woo. Hoo.

The funny part when thinking about Roland is that the signing actually keeps them from drafting an OT in the late rounds to fill out the roster. They may still do that, but it's not like they have to spend one of their 5th's to make that happen. I won't complain having him back.

First pick will be a CB, second pick will be a WR!! We nee a starting CB and WR off the bat!!

I feel the same way about CB first and OG second, we need a starting CB and OG before anything else.

You know, adding high quality players at any position is usually a wise move. That, of course, applies to OG. But I'm still not convinced that OG is such a need that one just has to taken in the 1st round. Most people agree that the Bengals upgraded the position by letting Livings and McGlynn go and signing Wharton and Bell. Bobbie Williams may still be back and its a safe bet that Boling and Hudson will be improved after another offseason. Anyway, the O-line wasn't bad last season-they kept the rookie QB up on his feet and in one piece. And they can still add a quality guard or two in the draft without using a 1st round pick. Same with WR. Another good young WR would be a great addition, but a #2 isn't a crying need where the real #2 receiver is Gresham. I guess it would be hard not to take Michael Floyd or Justin Blackmon if they fell to #17, but if a CB or a D-lineman who can rush the passer are available,i.e.,Coples,Fletcher Cox or Stephon Gilmore, then you take them. Value.

I think it's funny lately how every position the Bengals have the greatest need for (albeit not huge) people give reasons why they won't take a player at that position. It's not just one person inparticular, but everywhere you look.

What's that ??

The Bengals need an OG and could take one of the best in the first round ??

Nope, there will be good ones in the later rounds.

What's that ??

The Bengals need a WR and could take one of the best in the first round ??

What's that ??

The Bengals need a CB and could take one of the best in the first round ??

Over and over I keep seeing that and the same could be said for the RB position, so how about drafting a player we don't have a need for that doesn't present the best player available in the first round and grab up all the late round gems after that ?? I know that's stretching it a bit, but I get sick of seeing that and what has happened in the past. "We won't draft a first round OG, because we never have". Well, before JJoe and Hall, they hadn't drafted a CB in the first round either and then it was back to back drafts that it happened.

By the way, at what point in time would they like to add some first round talent to the interior of the o-line when wanting to be able to run the ball between the tackles ?? I just think if this isn't the year to add to the interior of the o-line early, it might never happen.

I think it's funny lately how every position the Bengals have the greatest need for (albeit not huge) people give reasons why they won't take a player at that position. It's not just one person inparticular, but everywhere you look.

I think what you're seeing reflects a consensus that this is a very talent-rich draft. Even at positions where there aren't multiple blue-chip talents (RB for example) there are numerous red-chippers. Just the idea that a player like Polk could fall to the Bengals in the third is a testament to the overall talent depth this year. As a result it's easy to come up with reasons to wait on position A and take B instead.

I know it will just have to wait to see who falls, but I just thinks it's silly to say we should wait on a certain position.

By the time we pick again, those players will probably be gone and we settle for the next tier player.

For example, I don't think it's smart to pass on a guy like DeCastro and give reasons like, we have never taken an OG early or we can get one later.

Sure we can, but there's no guarantee the player they would gladly take is going to be there in any of the next rounds and then what ??

Then you end up looking at guys that present no real upgrade over what you already have on your roster and you get the same results.

I'd rather not take the chance.

I saw that we signed Jacob Bell today. Is Bobby Williams still on the team/roster?

No, Bobbie is still rehabbing. Lewis said today he's still an option. Lots of praise for his impact in the locker room. He could be back.

I think he's pretty much done but would love to see him in a backup/mentor role.

Somewhere, derek is salivating...

"A handful of teams" are interested in trading for Wallace.

Bonus laffs for COB: story contains the following phrase: "disgruntled Wallace"

disgruntled :lmao:

The story said Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald type money. He deserves it, and should bitch and moan his way out of town to get it elsewhere, preferably somewhere in the NFC west.

Wouldn't complain about him either Derek.

Not crushed either, but I think Okoye will still be a very good player for years to come.

I think the Bengals messed up,rated 26th? out of Free agents 25 with what five or six years already in the league? would have mad for awesome Dtackle tandem on passing downs with Geno...Ohwell can't win em all

The reasons I was looking at Okoye is because he was still young, was productive and could have filled the role of Sims or more the following year should things not work out long term with one of the guys ahead of him on the depth chart. They can look to the draft, but I still don't think they do.

Somewhere, derek is salivating...

"A handful of teams" are interested in trading for Wallace.

Bonus laffs for COB: story contains the following phrase: "disgruntled Wallace"

disgruntled :lmao:

The story said Wallace wants Larry Fitzgerald type money. He deserves it, and should bitch and moan his way out of town to get it elsewhere, preferably somewhere in the NFC west.

I'd like to see him outside of our division too, but he doesn't deserve Fitzgerald money and won't receive it.

He doesn't deserve Fitzgerald money and won't receive it.

But isn't it just sweetness seeing him demand it of the cap struggling Steelers or threaten sitting out ??

Then to hear the Steelers fans somehow come to the conclusion that since he wants to get paid, he's really not that good.

F*cking priceless !!!