Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

In looking at the Okoye visit again and thinking they only have 8 d-linemen, who goes ??

Geathers, MJ, Dunlap, Peko, Sims, Atkins, Harvey, Anderson, and Hayden.

Even if you check off Hayden, they are still at 8.

One of the two "Rehab your career in Cincinnati" signings ??

Harvey Should go, Problem solved. All that aside lets get some competition in here. There is no such thing as too many pass rushers.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want the truth about our current d-line aquisitions, I don't like any of them and think they suck and have sucked for some time. If we get anything out of them and Zimmer pulls a rabbit out, I will be more than happy. I just don't have faith it will happen that way.

I can understand that feeling with Harvey... because he has shown nothing in his NFL career. That's not the case with Jamaal Anderson though. He hasn't lived up to his 1st round status, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

Fanene has been a fan favorite (partly because he has played much better than most 7th round picks), but I still think Anderson is an upgrade.

Hmmm Newman supposed be signing I hope it's move him to Safety because if we bring him in as a CB makes me worried about Hall.

I can understand that feeling with Harvey... because he has shown nothing in his NFL career. That's not the case with Jamaal Anderson though. He hasn't lived up to his 1st round status, but that doesn't mean he can't play.

Fanene has been a fan favorite (partly because he has played much better than most 7th round picks), but I still think Anderson is an upgrade.

Part reason why I like em both is because they do have upside there was a reason they were top 10 selections...hopefully zimmer can dig deep and find it.

It seemed like an obvious attempt to bring a bunch of highly talented athletes in and see if any of them could actually play football. If Mike Brown brings in Roth and Okoye, it seems like that strategy is rearing it's ugly head again.

Yeah, I think clearly a big camp scrum is the idea. I'm not necessarily against it (competition is always good) but I think it underscores the challenges involved in replacing Fanene and Rucker. I don't think they really expected to lose both of them so quickly and to such strong offers.

I don't think they really expected to lose both of them so quickly and to such strong offers.

Just to follow up on that thought, there's this today from Mike Brown:

He admitted it didn't have a good start with the losses of defensive linemen Jon Fanene and Frostee Rucker in the first 48 hours, but he's particularly impressed with how the club came back to snag Patriots running back BenJarvus Green-Ellis.

"We have a plan when we start out. Then you're immediately confronted with something that goes differently than planned and you have to adjust," Brown said. "And it goes on that way for a period of a week or two and then it feathers off. In this week of free agency dealing, we started off with a surprise or two that didn't go the way we wanted it to go. Then I think we bounced back and recovered effectively."

I think $21 million to frostee with $8 million guatanteed was a massive f**kin' surprise, yes. I have read where that contract drew major raised eyebrows from around the league too.

I think $21 million to frostee with $8 million guatanteed was a massive f**kin' surprise, yes. I have read where that contract drew major raised eyebrows from around the league too.

And a massive F**kin' mistake. That dude was nothing before Zimmer came in and whipped him into shape, without Zimmer he goes back to being the non-dairy desert we all grew to love IMO. I am totally excited to see what Zimmer can do with the likes of Harvey, Anderson and Okoye.

and partly because of Fanene's 6.5 Sacks in '11 (2nd on team) also the 6 sacks in '09 (2nd on team, injured in '10), and partly because of his ability to play End or Tackle......

Fanene had 6.5 Sacks last year whereas Anderson has 7.5 in 5 years. I hardly see it as an upgrade unless the plan is to use the rotation at DE less and give more snaps to Dunlap.....In that case, I would be happy.

On a side note: I wouldn't be surpised to see Fanene reach double digit Sacks in New England......

Well Rucker Fanene and Nelson were nothing, they all turned out to be pretty good after all. Rucker moved on to be a starter and the bengals didn't want to pay him starting money and I don't blame them. Wish they kept Fanene though! So I'll wait to see what Zim can do with these guys before I judge them

Hoping atleast three years....i hate one year deals

The one year deals last year were due tot he uncertainty with CBA, salary cap, etc. Don't think we'll be seeing a ton more of those...

Well we signed Sims to One Year and Im sure Harvey & Anderson were one...I just like to have safety net encase players do end getting their shet together ;) that we don't lose em one year after signing em.

The one year deals last year were due tot he uncertainty with CBA, salary cap, etc. Don't think we'll be seeing a ton more of those...

Well we signed Sims to One Year and Im sure Harvey & Anderson were one...I just like to have safety net encase players do end getting their shet together ;) that we don't lose em one year after signing em.

Who says Pat Sims signed for 1 year? Not that I don't believe you.

Some cases I'm sure the Bengals just don't have a choice (Like some of the draft bust free agents trying to prove themselves) I'm sure some players only want to sign a 1 year deal to increase their value next year. Why sign a 2 or 3 year deal at like $2 million a year when with a solid year you could make 3 times that much with more guaranteed money?