Scheduled FA Visits to the Bengals 2012

membengal

Well considering how much the cap will surely go up with the new TV contract that will be coming, I just don't get why not going after someone now.

Hell even the Bills deal with Super Mario equates to a 2 year deal with a club option for all the remaining years. Very doable for a small market team.

We couldn't do that ?? We couldn't have used his help ?? I think that is very telling when the Bills can make that happen and we can't.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doesn't take much to upgrade from Livings, at least they did so - not sure about Allen, but am not complaining there, these are minimal, necessary moves.

If they don't upgrade the S and LB positions dramatically, they will not get better, those position groups on this team are possibly some of the worst in the NFL. And of course they still need a RB, WR, CB and another guard. Cook is horribly mediocre but of course that isn't going to change this year.

Sign a good LB for God's sakes, at least it's still early. I can't believe the lack of attention to that position group so far from the press/fans, their LB's are terrible, and you can't win without a leader/stud at LB in the NFL, inside or outside, you need someone who is dominating, if not more than one. Ask the Ravens and Steelers how that works.

Who was the Giants stud LB? Great DL can make an average LB corp look good.

Doesn't take much to upgrade from Livings, at least they did so - not sure about Allen, but am not complaining there, these are minimal, necessary moves.

If they don't upgrade the S and LB positions dramatically, they will not get better, those position groups on this team are possibly some of the worst in the NFL. And of course they still need a RB, WR, CB and another guard. Cook is horribly mediocre but of course that isn't going to change this year.

Sign a good LB for God's sakes, at least it's still early. I can't believe the lack of attention to that position group so far from the press/fans, their LB's are terrible, and you can't win without a leader/stud at LB in the NFL, inside or outside, you need someone who is dominating, if not more than one. Ask the Ravens and Steelers how that works.

You apparently will bitch and moan about anything. That's what you do. They sign a guard, and now Kyle Cook is "horribly mediocre". The returning LBs and Safeties from a top 10 defense are "some of the worst in the NFL". Absurd.

Reggie Resigned Got Allen and Wharton who both are Upgrades only thing truly disappointed in atm is letting fanene go since bengals didn't even make him a offer and his contract seemed reasonable.

Rucker I wouldn't have wanted to see them match...Now to get Bush and would love to see em bring in wimbley but probably never happen >.<

I love ya combat, but you are talking about Brady (one of the best all time) and Moss (one of the best all time) making a #3 CB look bad.

I would suspect that would be the case more often than not.

While he's not JJoe, all we need him to be is an upgrade to Pacman, that's it.

At first glance, i'm not horribly impressed, but he presents an upgrade at that spot.

He also doesn't have the attitude and stupidity of pacman either.

I love ya combat, but you are talking about Brady (one of the best all time) and Moss (one of the best all time) making a #3 CB look bad.

I would suspect that would be the case more often than not.

While he's not JJoe, all we need him to be is an upgrade to Pacman, that's it.

At first glance, i'm not horribly impressed, but he presents an upgrade at that spot.

He also doesn't have the attitude and stupidity of pacman either.

Army, I almost said the same thing about Brady/Moss about the vid - I thought it was their record year. But its Matt Cassel.

I agree with the rest though. Physical as well based on Boldin clip. He's just not allowed to cover Hall of Fame receivers.

Nope still not nervous a bit about what will be our 3rd CB at best, minus injury.

He wasn't brought in to be a starter for us unless something goes wrong and even then, if we draft a CB in the first (See when) it still won't be an issue.

My bad on Cassel, but it's still Randy Moss.

Maybe every CB should be expected to make plays on Randy Moss making one handed catches going out of bounds huh ??

Yeah, Boldin is a physical WR as well.

If you want to be nervous I say go ahead, but consider what he was brought in for.

He's an upgrade to Pacman and i'm happy...

He did play really good last year in Houston so there is promise with him

I realize you can say this about any FA, but why'd they let him go if he was getting better? Especially at the $4M/yr level.

I don't know but he lead the team in ints and QB rating against him was pretty low, so his year was pretty good maybe his best

You apparently will bitch and moan about anything. That's what you do. They sign a guard, and now Kyle Cook is "horribly mediocre". The returning LBs and Safeties from a top 10 defense are "some of the worst in the NFL". Absurd.

Or just simply true. They've ultimately still lost more than they've gained, which is crap when you have the cap space and window of opportunity they do.

Over-valuing Cook and the LB's here is just turning a blind eye to weak spots, instead they're continually backfilling positions because they constantly let guys walk.

Just saw Joel Dreesson is visiting tomorrow.

That would be a huge signing. Excellent blocker. Not great after the catch, but a savvy receiver with great hands, and a monster in the redzone.

He's a complete TE, and Gruden would have two very talented guys for his 2 TE sets. I didn't know the Bengals were looking for an upgrade at TE... but now that I do, he's at the top of my wish list.

Just saw Joel Dreesson is visiting tomorrow.

That would be a huge signing. Excellent blocker. Not great after the catch, but a savvy receiver with great hands, and a monster in the redzone.

He's a complete TE, and Gruden would have two very talented guys for his 2 TE sets. I didn't know the Bengals were looking for an upgrade at TE... but now that I do, he's at the top of my wish list.

Yes, yes it would be.

Nope still not nervous a bit about what will be our 3rd CB at best, minus injury.

He wasn't brought in to be a starter for us unless something goes wrong and even then, if we draft a CB in the first (See when) it still won't be an issue.

My bad on Cassel, but it's still Randy Moss.

Maybe every CB should be expected to make plays on Randy Moss making one handed catches going out of bounds huh ??

Yeah, Boldin is a physical WR as well.

If you want to be nervous I say go ahead, but consider what he was brought in for.

He's an upgrade to Pacman and i'm happy...

Wasn't trying to pick a fight just throwing some humor around. I didn't think jones was that bad, dont forget he was the playing the no. 1 role when hall went down. As a nickel I think we were all happy with his contributions. I see it as a wash with the one positive being that Allen will prolly be healthier than jones and hopefully stays out of trouble.

No issue CT, I wasn't trying to come off as argumentative either. My bad if I did.

Derek, once again, couldn't agree more about Dreesson. I think he would be a great compliment to Gresham in the blocking game, comes from a great running program, and is still young. Can't say as I could argue with them continuing to upgrade that spot.

I really want Michael Bush to get in today. I just think he will really help this offense and give Dalton another weapon along with being a nice between the tackles runner capable of picking up short yardage. Like that wasn't a problem last year huh ?? The law firm would be my second choice, but he sounds like he would prefer to go back to the Pats and would guess he's trying to determine his worth and see if the Pats would give him something along those lines. I say don't bother and just sign Bush. I also love the fact he doesn't have a ton of wear and tear on him.

Also, for those that thought I was the one bringing up D-line in the first round as a reaction to the loss of Rucker and Fanene and giving me grief about it, you now no longer need to look any further than the official site's new mock. They think it would be a good idea to take a d-lineman in the first, over Cordy Glenn who was still available.

I just can't envision passing on Glenn for a d-lineman when the o-line either brings back Boobie or goes with Boling.

If they feel Boling is the answer, I guess that would be acceptable, but I don't think they think that.

I hope they address DL somewhere early the draft, doesn't need to be in the first. Rucker and Fanene were good examples of drafting for depth later on in a draft and developing to usefulness. This draft is supposed to be deep at DL, right? If so, somewhere in the 3rd or 4th they may find some help.