Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

I think when it came down to it, Zimmer made the difference in that decision.

Newman knows the scheme and knows his coaches have faith and trust in him.

At this stage in his career, that tends to mean a little more.

Oh yeah, it's not like the Raiders are going to be worth a sh*t in the next two seasons either.

He probably figures his best chance for winning was with the Bengals as well.

Speaking of the Raiders, how long does Carson last there if he refuses to renegotiate his contract? The draft? I don't see him taking that contract and cap number into the 2013 but I could be wrong

I'm glad we got rid of Palmer; after he broke his leg, he was never the same. Plus I don't think he liked Cincinnati at all. Glad the Raiders took him and gave us draft picks too. Now he's being a issue for them; that's a surprse, not. I say let him stay on the Raiders as the starting QB so he'll have a chance at breaking the NFL record for INT's!! Or let Pryor (A Buckeye) beat him out for the starting job. We all know how much he likes the Buckeyes!!

Hey I know....let's give the Raiders a first round pick this year and a second rounder next year for Palmer

I've been reading that the Cardinals won't overpay Palmer and won't offer up high round draft picks for the trade.

It's got to be a "well done" to Mike Brown for getting the deal he did with the Raiders :sure:/>/>

Well now that the Raiders have traded for Matt Flynn, Palmer's definitely out in Oakland. What I don't get is why Arizona would trade anything for his contract. What team would pay him $13mill to play football this year? I'm thinking Carson is done in the NFL. He doesn't need the money so if someone wants to pay him those big bucks, he'll play but if he has to take a pay cut, he'll walk.

Sorry Hobo has apparently already said he'd do a new deal with his new team that reflected his current level of play. Bengals (in playoffs 3 of last 4 years) are not good enough for Carson. Raiders are not good enough for Carson. What makes the Cardinals a better situation than his previous 2 stops? His whole career has turned into a gruesome toddler vs riding mower accident since Kimo kabloded his knee ligaments.

I think Skelton blows, but I don't mind the signing. I expect Josh Johnson to make short work of him. Maybe he could be the #3 if the Bengals don't go with two this season. He'd be more useful there than one of their pointless Casey Bramlet/Craig Krenzel/Jeff Rowe/Jordan Palmer/Dan Lefevour/Zac Robinson type projects.

I am perplexed that they signed Skelton, seems a waste to me. I guess they need an arm for mini-camp.

He's not good enough to start. He does not offer the tools that Johnson does... Seems dumb considering there are several QBs in the draft they could grab and groom for trade bait down the road.

File this under "barely newsworthy"

Here's football outsiders' "state of the team" piece for the Bengals.

/>http://www.footballoutsiders.com/state-team/2013/state-team-cincinnati-bengals

Really nothing we didn't already know. The offense is AJ Green + 10 guys who have never been in my kitchen, and the D has a great line and an adequate secondary separated by a train wreck. One thing I did notice is that FO tracks with TJ on the o-line: it's much iffier than generally perceived, they think.