Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

Well if he keeps pace I have no doubt AJ will deserve / Get a Megatron contract,I'm just hoping he has a little Brady/Whitworth in him and takes little less for the betterment of the team.But if he doesn't can't blame him the guy was a top 5 WR after his rookie year and will be top 2-3 very soon.

Does seem Scary having 30-40 Million cap space locked up between 2 Players that aren't a QB(geno/green) but I would never want to see them play for another team at the same time.

Hobson is also guessing on who will or won't be signed back when figuring those numbers.

He thinks PacMan and Newman will also be back and is guessing at their salaries as well.

Bottomline is that he's full of sh*t. It's why I don't bother with his spiel anymore.

I`d like to buy you a beer for that, sir! :cheers:

Hobson is also guessing on who will or won't be signed back when figuring those numbers.

He thinks PacMan and Newman will also be back and is guessing at their salaries as well.

Bottomline is that he's full of sh*t. It's why I don't bother with his spiel anymore.

I`d like to buy you a beer for that, sir! :cheers:/>

I'd like to go ahead and accept that offer.

Anyone else feel like buying me beer, feel free to let me know when and where.

Thanks !!! :lol:

Seems like MJ & His Agent knee jerked at all the low defensive end contracts.

Figure save 11 million was a good way to go,I think this has been interesting Free Agency it seems like avg price at each position is going down and the biggest Contract was what Mike Wallace with 65million?

Mike Wallace is so vastly overpaid at 65 million bucks that it is probably making Mike Brown cry. If Mike Wallace is worth that, what is AJ Green worth? Answer: No answer, because the premise the question is based on is faulty. The false premise of 65 million for Mike Wallace makes any answer invalid. That's right, got like a C+ in my state school 100 level logic class! (And it counted as a math credit even though there was absolutely no math involved. And I took it when I was a junior, in there with a bunch of remedial type freshmen. Solid.)

the dolphins are just the latest team to get stupid in free agency. the wallace deal is absurd, but their whole first week spending spree is absurd. too much cap space, too few young players worthy of extensions, and idiots making the decisions. even the seahawks,who have made some pretty good personnel decisions in the past few years, acted like idiots in trading for percy harvin and giving him over 11 milion per year-a guy who hasn't reached a thousand yards receiving in any of his 4 seasons and is a head-achey jerk to boot. we also have the idiot browns, colts,eagles and cardinals. even the patriots look like they are losing their marbles. i'd rather the bengals,i.e., mike brown, bite the bullit and pay our own budding stars. he'll just have to get used to the idea that players other than carson palmer deserve to get rich at one fell swoop. the football guys have drafted well the past 4 years, and now we have outstanding young players coming up every year who deserve to get paid. atkins and aj green look like future hall-of-famers who will command immense re-ups. then you have mj,big andre,gresham,dunlap, and dalton who are pro bowl-good and will command big money in free agency. god help the bengals if boling, zeitler,dre fitzpatrick,burfict,sanu,mj,jr.,devon still, or one of the young safeties reach their potential and become top players. if the bengals keep up their good drafting, these painful re-sgning episodes will be a yearly thing. i applaud the commitment to re-signing their own,but i'll only really believe it when they actually reach new long term deals with andre smith and michael johnson. that would be a good start.

I just freaking wish that they would get some of these deals done, this interminable waiting is killing me.

That's where I'm at as well. I didn't expect them to spend money on big free agents, but the longer they go on with this Ander thing, other guys they want might get away. I'm hoping they can get Howard, pacman, and Newman back, but they better hurry up and figure out what they want to do.

i know how you feel. every year now the bengals play it cool in the first week of free agency and we fans get antsy when other teams go wild and sign guys 3 at a time. hell. last year i even sent an e-mail to the team address practically begging them to sign somebody and give hope to bengals fans. no response,of course. and i elt really stupid when the travelle wharton signing was announced almost as soon as i hit the "send" button. anyway, this is just how these guys roll.

i think the andre smith situation is being caused by his agent at CAA. they represent the remaining 3 big OT free agents-jake long, andre smith, and sebastian vollmer. i read that CAA's plan is to have long sign first and set the market for the other two,e.g., long for 1o mil a year, smith for 9 mil per etc.. now that it looks like the rams didn't bite on long, it looks like that plan may be falling apart-unless the idiot dolphins or some other fool team meets long's asking price.

once smith is signed, we should see movement on guys from other teams like ted ginn,kellen davis, josh johnson, or a RB. i guess kerry rhodes is out of the question. wouldn't mind them kicking the tires of Ramses Barden.

The OT market looks to have topped out around $7 million/year this time around. It will be interesting to see if Moobs come off his $9 million/year demands or if he tries instead to find a one- year "bet on himself" deal that will let him try again in 2014. I don't see Cincy giving him that deal but another team might.

The OT market looks to have topped out around $7 million/year this time around. It will be interesting to see if Moobs come off his $9 million/year demands or if he tries instead to find a one- year "bet on himself" deal that will let him try again in 2014. I don't see Cincy giving him that deal but another team might.

I haven't kept up with the entire thread but how much of the Bengals position is that Big Dre was a non-factor his first two seasons? He got paid a bunch for services-not-renedered.

Again, I don't care about those first two years or the 40 yard shirtless dash.

At this point in time what are the Bengals looking at in big Dre ??

Oh yeah, the best RT in the league.

With Jake Long signing for 8.5 million per year as a LT, would anyone really argue with Dre getting just slightly less ?? Lets say 7.5-8.0 million when he really wanted 9.0 ?? That would represent less than what his cap hit has been for each of the last two seasons he has played for the Bengals.

I was ok with him getting the 9 million to be honest, so I would be beside myself with joy.

According to PFT, the Bengals met with Ryan Fitzpatrick in Arizona to talk about possibly filling the backup QB spot.

I'd be surprised if it pans out, but it would be an excellent signing. Andy could probably learn a thing or two from him.

I would be solidly behind this signing, he was the best backup we have had here for years and he would be an upgrade fron Bruce.

I found it interesting that Marvin actually spoke up about that interview I mentioned that Daugherty did talking about perception. I was glad to hear him address those thoughts and only confirm what I have been thinking all along. I suppose some will say I can now get a job in the front office, but it's not like we didn't see this coming. The club said it up front that we were focusing on our own and will make moves accordingly.

This is the first season in many years where I actually agree with it.

We finally have players worth keeping hold of and that is their focus.

Build through the draft and hold onto those they put time in on.

Cut load on those not performing or capable of being replaced.

Skuta, Lawson, Sims, Brown, and Gradkowski can all be replaced.

Sims is the only one I personally would have liked back, but again, they drafted both Still and Thompson.

Then they have brought back Nugent, Huber, Harris, Gilberry, and Geathers.

Solid and needed regardless of how unspectacular they may appear.

They have MJ wrapped up for the season and have time to work on something long term.

Get Andre Smith back in and get to work from there.

I still don't have any issues to this point.

If they did sign the likes of Fitz, presumably that would open up a draft pick that otherwise would have to be spent on backing up (or poss pushing) Dalton. A pick that could be better used to find a starting DB, OL, LB, RB, etc.

I think most would fully expect them to draft a QB at some point in time during the draft, but I doubt they do it very early. Maybe 5th round or one of our two 6th rounders unless we get a comp pick and decide to use it there. I would prefer a vet in that spot though.

Fun fact - Fitzpatrick got paid something like 25 million bucks by Buffalo in the last two years. Two years, $25 million.

And was there anyone that, when he signed that contract, thought it was the right decision by Buffalo ??

I remember laughing my ass off, wondering how long it would take them to figure out it was a mistake.

Now we know.

Again though, I think he would be a fine backup and would welcome him here.

I found it interesting that Marvin actually spoke up about that interview I mentioned that Daugherty did talking about perception.

I think Daugherty has successfully gotten underneath someone's skin. Hobson was all over him on twitter as well at the same time.

Re Marvin's comments, I just hope Youth Movement Take 2 works out better than Take 1 last year. Then, they were going young with guys like Still, Thompson, Mays, Kirkpatrick, Zeitler and Armon "Larry Fitzgerald II" Binns. Outside of Zeitler, that was a multiple faceplant.

I found it interesting that Marvin actually spoke up about that interview I mentioned that Daugherty did talking about perception.

I think Daugherty has successfully gotten underneath someone's skin. Hobson was all over him on twitter as well at the same time.

Re Marvin's comments, I just hope Youth Movement Take 2 works out better than Take 1 last year. Then, they were going young with guys like Still, Thompson, Mays, Kirkpatrick, Zeitler and Armon "Larry Fitzgerald II" Binns. Outside of Zeitler, that was a multiple faceplant.

That it took this long for Daugherty to get under someones skin is amazing.

He pretty much irritates the hell out of me with most things he says.

He's like a politician who enjoys scaring people into feeling a certain way.

Still and Thompson obviously weren't ready last year, but i'm more hopeful about those two.

Many had first round grades on Still and Thompson was thought to be a steal as well.

Mays was and is a huge disappointment and Binns showed flashed but his talent must be practice squad related.

Kirkpatrick was injured and I will give him a pass.

Bottomline for me is I have more hope moving forward than I have in the past.

How it turns out is yet to be determined, but again, i'm hopeful.