Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

I hate seeing Sims go as well, but he only signed a 1 year deal so I guess the bengals were ready to let go.

Apparently the Bengals had a comparable offer on the table, Sims just chose to go where he was likely to see more PT.

i hate seeing sims go. don't sell still short . i watched this kid in his time at psu. he is one hell of a d-tackle. i was very happy when we picked him. also i can remember every one saying we would regret not signing fanena and rucker. this d-line did not miss a beat without them.

Pat Sims now a Raider. Hate to see him go, but it's time for Still and Thompson to get there chance. Good luck Pat

Pat just can't stay on the field. He's pretty beastly when he's out there, but his health is the issue.

A more pressing issue for the Raiders has to be the money they're paying their quarterback. Palmer (and his wife) are a$$-raping the Raiders with that contract. His contract should be JOB ONE for that front office. Either cut him or make him take a gigantic pay cut. He supposedly wanted to be in California so much, he should take a lot less so they can pay some players around him.

I think Still falls in line more with what Peko brings and Thompson falls in with what Sims brought.

Another year in the system will do nothing but help him.

The Bengals did a good job drafting the DT position and making sure we were set long term.

Now they just have to get those guys some additional playing time.

They better get there act together or there going to continue to lose guys that they want. I guess Andre has them pretty occupied that other guys might slip through.

Well, Katie is just one person and she has made it clear how super-hard it is running a football team...

They better get there act together or there going to continue to lose guys that they want. I guess Andre has them pretty occupied that other guys might slip through.

Well, Katie is just one person and she has made it clear how super-hard it is running a football team...

I know lol. I'm just hoping something soon happens with Andre, there are other guys that need signed. I guess unless they decide to go in another direction.

I haven't heard anything on the Bengals in FA! These other teams are dropping and picking up players left and right. We need to address MLB, RB, WR and oh yea, sign a lot of our own Def players. When are we going to actually do something? Oh wait, we're out of money aren't we? Nope, we have plenty of money to spend. Oh wait again, we don't need to improve that much because we've been to the first round of the playoffs the last two years in a row. Didn't actully prepare or come close to winning those two games but we did get to the playoffs.

The Bengals biggest needs can be addressed in the draft. S, LB, RB, whatever.

I don't care about them going after anyone at all and made mention this is a season I didn't expect anything in regards to big free agents coming in. I do expect them to keep a few of the lesser guys like Newman and they have done that with Huber, Nugent, and a couple others. They have guys that can backfill those that are lost.

Their bigger issues revolved around Smith and MJ. They are half way done with that equation.

There isn't a RB in free agency that I thought would have presented a long term option and i'm happy to this point.

Other teams moves aren't really doing much for me and don't worry me about having to face those teams.

Next year half those guys will get cut due to the cap staying flat and not being able to afford them.

Yeah, not worried.

Get Smith done and focus on a long term deal with MJ, which would free up cap space this season and then look to get an extension or two done for next season. I think they can do that.

Well I tend to wish bengals make a move or two early in Free Agency,I'm glad they haven't this year.The only Position I really wanted to see us target from outside the organization was Strong Safety but I'm glad we didn't give Golden 42 million Dollars.

We need to resign our own that is the most important thing is to Get Bigdre,Pacman,Howard & Newman resigned.That work on Extensions for MJ,Carlos & Geno and then continue build threw the draft..We have a MLB we can draft a speedy RB and WR.

Get Smith done and focus on a long term deal with MJ, which would free up cap space this season and then look to get an extension or two done for next season. I think they can do that.

I feel like they should offer him a Kruger contract 5y 40million doesn't seem far off from what we paid Geathers...Then if he doesn't like it he can take same chance Cliff Avril did.

I'm not disappointed in free agency at all. The Bengals do need to sign Andre, and they've already signed some core and depth players.

Watching other teams make a big splash is a little frustrating. Until you look at the results of all those signings. More often than not, big money free agents don't live up to the performance they showed on their first team. Look at the Eagles last year. They won free agency by a mile, then could hardly win anything in the regular season.

I feel like two positions: running back and safety, lend themselves to success in free agency. It just seems like those two positions transfer really well from one team to another.

Linemen can be in a zone blocking scheme then fall on face when asked to do man blocking. Receivers, as our experience shows, they take forever to get the system and the timing down and often are a shell of what they were at the first stop. Pass rushers are remarkably dependent on what their linemates are doing, how many people they are occupying.

So I would use RB and safety from free agency. So this year I don't care about free agency, since the two positions we really need are... ah, f**k.

LUMINA!

When looking at the holes this team has at the moment, there appears to be great needs at RB, OLB, and S.

Last time I checked, we have 3 picks in the first 2 rounds. Sounds like a great way to fill those large needs.

O-line depth you say ?? Great, we also have a 3rd round pick.

Another DE or CB ?? No issue, we have vet depth at both spots and using our 4th and 5th would be a great way to being another along.

You get my point. I simply don't think there is a great need to bring in more aged money guys that won't be long term solutions.

Keep Newman, PacMan, and Howard if he's healthy. Outside of that, bring on the draft. Oh yeah, get big Dre signed.

To complain about this offseason and free agency is crazy. We simply don't have the holes other teams do and have quality players of our own to resign.

In related news, the Bengals are bringing in Josh Johnson for a look at the backup QB spot as well as Ted Ginn.

I would have no issues with Johnson being the backup and Ginn could always take Tate's spot I suppose.

Ginn does nothing for the WR corps though, so I wouldn't be overly excited. Return game ?? Sure...

I'm not disappointed in free agency at all. The Bengals do need to sign Andre, and they've already signed some core and depth players.

Watching other teams make a big splash is a little frustrating. Until you look at the results of all those signings. More often than not, big money free agents don't live up to the performance they showed on their first team. Look at the Eagles last year. They won free agency by a mile, then could hardly win anything in the regular season.

I feel like two positions: running back and safety, lend themselves to success in free agency. It just seems like those two positions transfer really well from one team to another.

Linemen can be in a zone blocking scheme then fall on face when asked to do man blocking. Receivers, as our experience shows, they take forever to get the system and the timing down and often are a shell of what they were at the first stop. Pass rushers are remarkably dependent on what their linemates are doing, how many people they are occupying.

So I would use RB and safety from free agency. So this year I don't care about free agency, since the two positions we really need are... ah, f**k.

LUMINA!

:lmao: it's posts like these that I live for. Pitch perfect, COB.

I just freaking wish that they would get some of these deals done, this interminable waiting is killing me.

That's where I'm at as well. I didn't expect them to spend money on big free agents, but the longer they go on with this Ander thing, other guys they want might get away. I'm hoping they can get Howard, pacman, and Newman back, but they better hurry up and figure out what they want to do.

It's the same thing every year. Mikey waits for the dust to settle on that first wave of FA before doing anything. I have no problem with that, but if Andre is gone when the dust settles I will be pissed. I want Newman, Pacman and Howard as well, but they can be more easily replaced than big Dre. The waiting is the hardest part...