Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

Per Walrus in the other thread:

Looks like we won't be getting Justin Smith'd this time...

/>http://profootballta...n-rey-maualuga/

Yeah, I can't say as I like the move, but maybe Zimmer can find a way to motivate him.

Thing is, I have zero faith in that happening.

Maybe they can draft the guy that really is worthy of a job as a linebacker in the NFL and cut Rey later.

It's certainly keeping their own, but this is one they should have let get away.

You still have a job Rey, drink up !!!

No check that, that's probably been part of the problem the last 4 years.

Have a Capri Sun or some sh*t...

Well Rey just re-signed! Not very happy about this at all unless its for depth.

I say put him at Sam, sign Dansby and put him in the middle, he's a 144 a year tackle guy, and keep Burfict at will.

I support this plan. If Howard is better at Sam, then Rey can sit. If we draft a good looking prospect, like Cornelius Washington (my choice), then the LB corps looks solidified....

Per Walrus in the other thread:

Looks like we won't be getting Justin Smith'd this time...

/>http://profootballta...n-rey-maualuga/

Yeah, I can't say as I like the move, but maybe Zimmer can find a way to motivate him.

Thing is, I have zero faith in that happening.

Maybe they can draft the guy that really is worthy of a job as a linebacker in the NFL and cut Rey later.

It's certainly keeping their own, but this is one they should have let get away.

You still have a job Rey, drink up !!!

No check that, that's probably been part of the problem the last 4 years.

Have a Capri Sun or some sh*t...

...and in Hobson's latest spin, Maualuga has a huge fan in Jay Glazer who says he's a beast in his MMA training. Awesome! Just. Like. Keith Rivers. He was so awesome in his MMA training with you.

YAAAAAAAAAY!

What the f**k. Yes I agree sign your own guys, but Rey was behind the play constantly last year. He's targeted by the offense. Coaches are human, they like working with people they like personally, I get that. But this move sucks, and Rey sucks. This is bulls**t.

Yeah, I remember how Rivers was going to be all beastly that season since he was so awesome with the MMA training.

It's a shame all that effort equated to whole bag of sh*t on the field.

I'd be happy to never hear about a Bengal player doing MMA training.

Maualuga ?? He was training all crazy like heading into last season.

How did that turn out ??

Oh yeah, nothing on the field and him making comments about the UDFA Burfict knowing more than him.

this sucks

period

It isn't going to keep any opposing offensive coordinators up at night, that's for sure. But to be fair Maualuga was much better on the strong side. PFF's numbers for him as an SLB are like +14.9 vs. the run, -1.9 versus the pass. So while he still can't cover worth a damn he is effective against the run.

I see this as a stop-gap. Joiner and possibly Maybin will get plenty of looks and they could still pull the trigger on a linebacker in the top two rounds. It's not ideal, but I can live with Rey as a bridge to someone better.

Sounds like Newman will decide by the end of the week on his decision on the Bengals or Raiders. He says he wants to play for a winner, best chance at the Super Bowl. If that's the fact the I would imagine he would choose the bengals, but I figure money has alot to do with it if the Raiders are still in the running

Sounds like Newman will decide by the end of the week on his decision on the Bengals or Raiders. He says he wants to play for a winner, best chance at the Super Bowl. If that's the fact the I would imagine he would choose the bengals, but I figure money has alot to do with it if the Raiders are still in the running

"It isn't about the money!"

[trans: It's about the money]

Team on the rise with 2 consecutive playoff appearances vs. "Heart of a Lion" Carson Palmer??

tough one

Yep read that too, sound like Marvin dosnt want any change. Sounds like he is happy with how it was going.

Nah, it's just smoke. And poking Doc with a stick, too. :lol:/>

Well you look at past 10 super bowl winners they build threw the draft.when was the last time Eagles Redskins or Cowboys were able buy a superbowl? Well i guess Dallas kinda did.

There was only one or two players I wanted out FA one cost way 2 much the other wants play for sure contender ala Ed Reed.So aslong as we keep BigDre Pacman and hopefully Howard ill be happy aslong as they get to work on GenoDunlaps & MJ deals now rather then later

If it's true and Rey stays in the middle, I will be pissed.

Worst MLB in the league last year in a season he started working out early and was dedicating himself to the position.

Sound oddly similar ?? Yeah, that's what I thought. Want to hear my new mantra ?? Be prepared to be wowed:

F*CK YOU REY !!!

It better be smoke.