Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

Jason Allen cut. A sign that Rhodes is coming?

For those keeping score, that results in a $500k cap hit.

Dead money or not, this was a much-needed move.

The guy contributed nothing but a penalty in 2012 -- and 3.2 million back in the 2013 salary cap and in the real salary dollars kitty for a do-less-than-nothing player is a very, very good thing

Jason Allen cut. A sign that Rhodes is coming?

For those keeping score, that results in a $500k cap hit.

Dead money or not, this was a much-needed move.

The guy contributed nothing but a penalty in 2012 -- and 3.2 million back in the 2013 salary cap and in the real salary dollars kitty for a do-less-than-nothing player is a very, very good thing

Yup that's the dead money. $3 million freed up on the cap. What I get for listening to Reedy...

Didn't Dansby start his career on the outside? Just wondering if they plan on using him at SLB if they do sign him.

Also, per PFT, Dansby is in town visiting the Bengals...

Fantastic news, although I'd prefer Thomas Howard (much younger) assuming he is healthy enough to go, which appears iffy right now

I liked Howard alot but seems either Injury concerns them or feel he's more suited for WLB then SLB.

Per PFT, Bengals taking a look at Ahmad Bradshaw.

Also a fine idea since Leonard is gone and Scott may not be far behind. BJGE, Bradshaw, Rookie from the first 3 rounds.

Sounds like a pretty nice scenario to me.

I agree. If you can get him for a 1-2 year contract, what's to lose? Also puts less pressure on the rookie.

BJGE, Bradshaw, Giovanni Bernard, John Connor?

Who knows? They could have a very very solid running game in 2013.

Two more signings will make me happy. A third, and I am thrilled

Signing 1: The Flesh Zeppelin to a one year incentive heavy contract -or- a long 5-6 year contract also heavily incentive laden for absolutely no more than 6m a year average. Incentives must include workouts, OTs, plus medical clearance and weight for each game. The money for incentives must be more than the guaranteed money

I'd gladly take one of the other two top ORTs (not including McKinnie) in place of FZ at this point, though

Signing 2: S Kerry Rhodes for 3-4 years for no more than 2M/year

Signing 3: Karlos Dansby for 2 years for no more than 2M/year

Two more signings will make me happy. A third, and I am thrilled

Signing 1: The Flesh Zeppelin to a one year incentive heavy contract -or- a long 5-6 year contract also heavily incentive laden for absolutely no more than 6m a year average. Incentives must include workouts, OTs, plus medical clearance and weight for each game. The money for incentives must be more than the guaranteed money

I'd gladly take one of the other two top ORTs (not including McKinnie) in place of FZ at this point, though

I'm there TJ. I'm there...

Now this:

http://www.nfl.com/n...cinnati-bengals

Meeting with James Harrison?

Let the commentary begin on his being passed over by the Ravens and now possibly landing here.

Personnnaly I can't stand the guy. For me, rooting for him would be more painful than rooting for TO a few years ago.

I'm right there with you man...

I'll cheer for him, but I'll die a little inside each time.

Signing 1: The Flesh Zeppelin

I'd be happy with all 3 of those moves though slight differences,I'd be okay with Andre getting 7million a year but be packed with weight and workout incentives...Rhodes I'd prefer only 2 year contract on so it doesn't detour them from taking a safety early plus doesn't seem so bad if he gets beat out by a rookie.