Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

I'd like the Alex Smith signing though. Decent all-around player who can probably block better than Gresham and Charles combined. It may have been the dot com that proposed this so I don't know how meaningful this is, but apparently Charles is being looked at as more of an H-back option. He has shown great hands in limited opportunities.

I don't mind if Alex Smith signs either, he's got some pretty decent hands.

I'm not sure about the Harrison thing though. I wonder if they will play him at DE some? He is pretty good in coverage though something this team needs. He will be a situational pass rusher, and they should give him a contract based on sacks!

Would make sense to get both him and Dansby, and use Harrison only in certain situations and let Dansby start. I would actually like that.

I actually wanted to see what that kid could do in camp.

He's huge and had speed. Oh well, I didn't expect him to stick long term.

Apparently released due to a "non football injury" but no more info than that on the .com site

I guess you could say it would be hard to root for Harrison, but I think that would fade away quick the first time he layed some QB out.

If that QB was Rottenfurburger, it would be even better. He was crushing guys last year.

On a side note, every Steelers fan would be beside themselves seeing him in stripes...

If the guy improves the team then I don't have any gripe at all.

I'm not too sure what his personality would bring but I'd hope that in footballing terms at the very least he could have a positive influence on the other guys in terms of work ethic, attitude, professionalism etc after all the guy has been a Pro Bowler 5 times and won the Superbowl twice.

Sounds like Harrison will be the guy, as they get closer to a deal. I don't mind the move as long as they use him right, and he gets say 10 sacks, well that's more then any of our LBs have had in a while. His contract should be based on sacks, the more sacks the more money.

They say Harrison is more signable at this time then Dansby, not really sure I get that. I would have rather had Dansby, but like I said if he gets this team a ton of sacks then it will be worth it. I still think a rookie LB will be drafted high. I wonder if they can get something done with Kerry Rhoads still would like a vet safety.

They say Harrison is more signable at this time then Dansby, not really sure I get that.

For "signable" read "cheaper." I would vastly prefer Dansby as well, but as usual the Bengals are thinking with their wallet, meaning we end up with the old washed up dude whose never played in a 4-3. But fans will bite on the big name.

This whole thing reminds me of the Sapp affair. Old wasted up dude cut by his team, eventually signed by a team that put him in a different defense, where he never was his scary self again. While I still think Sapp would have done better in Cincy, staying in the same system, most fans regard that in hindsight as a bullet dodged.

Maybe we get lucky and some team swoops in this week. Certainly the slow-motion nature of this deal suggests that is what Harrison is hoping. It's the old use the Bengals as leverage game. Please, someone bite...

For some reason it sounds like the bengals like Harrison can play in a 4-3 defense. Maybe they will make him play some DE? Either way I still see a high round LB in the draft who will play alot of snaps. Still want Dansby but I guess that's not going to happen, if Harrison can get 10 sacks or so I would be happy. Guess time will tell!

For some reason it sounds like the bengals like Harrison can play in a 4-3 defense. Maybe they will make him play some DE? Either way I still see a high round LB in the draft who will play alot of snaps. Still want Dansby but I guess that's not going to happen, if Harrison can get 10 sacks or so I would be happy. Guess time will tell!

I would be very happy with ten sacks.

Either way I still see a high round LB in the draft who will play alot of snaps. Still want Dansby

Honestly I'm not high on either if only because it solidifies another year of Maualuga in the middle. At least there is now a chance they move him to the strong side, where his play was better.

As for LB in the draft, if you believe Hobson, it's not gonna happen. Neither is RB or safety early. Instead the Bengals will focus on "premium positions" like DE, OT and corner.

They need to move Rey back to Sam! I wanted Dansby to play middle, keep Burfict in place, and move Rey, but guess that's not happening. My guess is they want Harrison to come in and be what Lawson wasn't. Remember they wanted Lawson to be the guy who rushed the passer, put his hand on the ground, but he failed to do that. So sounds like they still want that guy, and maybe that's why they want Harrison.

as long as 4 are against big jen :)/>/>

All in the same quarter. And preferably in Pittsburgh !!!!

:lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/> :lmao:/>

Generally I expect little from him (hell no to ten sacks) because he is old and playing in the wrong scheme. I don't really think he fits anywhere in our 4-3. He's no DE and he obviously can't occupy the same role he did in Pittsburgh since it doesn't exist here. Hopefully Zim can find a way to make use of him, if he ends up signing.