Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Marvin? 4 playoff appearances, zero wins. It's pathetic he's still here. He wouldn't last anywhere else.

Yes that would happen no where else but would he be more successful coaching somewhere else? I know most would say he would suck where ever he goes but we dont know that unless it happens...look at pete carroll everyone said he was gonna be terrible again but he has seahawks challanging the best team in the nfc for the division

so am I

but you dont see me covering nfl wide receivers for a number of good reasons

(and apparently, this guy doesn't cover them either)

Hey that's your fault for not getting in contact with the club.

Well, I showed up to try out, and they just started laughing and never let me sign the papers

They were still laughing when I left

Are you sure about that?

I'm pretty sure most of us would be ahead of Taylor Mays on the depth chart, at the very least.

The Bengals have reportedly offered a deal to safety Mike Mitchell. According to some dumbass web site, the former Raider stunk last year (-5.1 in pass protection, allowed opposing QBs a 130 rating).

Ugh.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2013/3/20/4128522/free-agency-2013-mike-mitchell-bengals

I kinda felt like Marvin was talking about Bengals.com when he was mentioning dumbass websites.

That`s F******G awesome!

Well, I have stayed out of the argument for years, but I am ready to say my piece. I support Marvin. I know that many on here don`t. He is the only reason this franchised has turned around. Save Mike Brown`s anticipation of his own death and a great desire to win before it occurs. Remember that Cleveland once ran a certain multiple championship coach out of town. Consider what the Eagles have done now with Reid. Also, Jimmy Johnson in Dallas and Steve Mariuchi with SF. Sure, I would have taken Reid this year over Marvin. That is obvious. The problem is that guys like Reid, Mariuchi, Cowher, Billichek, etc. won`t work for Mike Brown. So, I dare you, name one guy in the NFL or NCAA who would come in and replicate what Marvin has done with Mike Brown.

I mean, for godssakes, Brown won`t even draft an interior lineman!

Gimme a Lineman!

If you think all he has to do is just show up to coach practice and games, then you are Hitler.

Just to be clear, I'm Hitler. Sky is Mussolini and Army got stuck being Hirohito. However, the way I've been packing on the pounds lately I may have to switch to being Hermann Goering. In that case the job of board Hitler will open up and we'll put out a call for applications. :)

Steelers, Broncos and Ravens are all reported to be chasing both Dumervil and Freeny. Ravens are also trying to get McKinney back but he doesn't want to take a pay cut.

It would cut into his ability to make rain at the various Miami stripclubs he frequents.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150953/article/nfl-free-agency-the-top-remaining-players

any short term (one season) worth here if we draft development projects in the mid to late rounds

CB's : Winfield, Grimes, Huff, Asomugha

LB's: James Harrison, Urlacher, Victor Butler, Dansby, Takeo Spikes

RB,s: Ahmed Bradshaw, Michael Turner, Peyton Hillis, Cedric Benson

WRs': Brandon Lloyd, Kevin Walter

Roland fills the role of backup RT and not only is it a spot that needed to be filled, Roland actually fills that role nicely.

He's been part of many of the "jumbo" looks they throw out there and had they not gotten him back, it would have been filled by a low round pick.

For those saying all holes can't be filled through the draft, this should be viewed as one of those "needed but unspectacular" moves.

No, no one is saying there's no reason to bring big Dre' back due to this signing either.

I also hoped he end up somewhere in the NFC. Cue the media adulation of Ozzie Newsome as the greatest GM ever (said adulation to follow total silence after Ozzie dealt with cap hell by blowing up a Super Bowl team).

I guess Ozzie didn't get Marvin's memo about how the Ravens didn't take a hit in FA and didn't need to do anything because they had already drafted people to fill those holes. Maybe Newsome was just too busy reading dumbass web sites?

Bengals are banking on a strategy of keeping their own. Well..maybe minus Andre Smith.

They'd better hit the draft completely out of the park if they want to do anything more than get in the playoffs.

Broncos, Patriots, Texans are still light years ahead of this team at the moment. Colts and Ravens are neck and neck.

All of these teams have the benefit of the draft to work on to get even better.