Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Elam is my #1 safety. I think they'll go safety with 1st 2nd Rd pick.

I originally wanted him with our first round pick, but that's because he's a true strong safety, which is our need.

I know they like safeties that are interchangeable and he has the ability to do that as well.

I wouldn't complain if they felt Vaccaro could do the same and grab him there, but I don't think they will.

Hell, Rambo later on would be a bit of a risk, but could pay off huge for some team as well.

I still would rather Elam.

Marvin likes safetys who are.interchanable I'd say true SS is more of zimmers thing when look at Roy Williams and Taylor Mays

Cynicism or not, it is a fair and legitimate question to ask if the Bengals are doing enough to improve from 2012.

A see alot of holes. I have serious doubts that they can fill and improve those holes soley in the draft to make this team better in 2013.

The way things are going right now, they are going to have to hit a homerun in the draft for this team to break through the 9-7, 10-6 level.

Cynicism or not, it is a fair and legitimate question to ask if the Bengals are doing enough to improve from 2012.

A see alot of holes. I have serious doubts that they can fill and improve those holes soley in the draft to make this team better in 2013.

The way things are going right now, they are going to have to hit a homerun in the draft for this team to break through the 9-7, 10-6 level.

Yes I worry about that as well, there is still time for them to sign guys, but if they let Andre go then I give up! There are alot of holes on this team, and so far I guess there happy with the team they had.

Yes I worry about that as well, there is still time for them to sign guys, but if they let Andre go then I give up! There are alot of holes on this team, and so far I guess there happy with the team they had.

There is still time for FA to play out. The way they handle their business just makes you scratch your head. They are always following suit and reacting, very seldomly being proactive. Keeping the spending very straightforward, not getting creative at all.

Waiting for the market to settle, seeing outside interest in their own players, etc. This is with the most cap space in the NFL. I'm really becoming skeptical if re-signing Atkins, Dunlap, and Green are locks to happen.

There are plenty of teams willing to pay above "market value" for Atkins and Green. Will the Bengals be willing to take a pro-active stance with all the "money they are saving to keep their own"? I'm not so sure...

I'm just curious where are the holes are that can't or shouldn't be addressed through the draft ??

Running back ?? Yeah, draft a young kid that will be a part of the solution long term, not a season or two patch.

OLB ?? Same as above.

Safety ?? Same as above.

Those are the 3 biggest holes we have and getting younger not only seems to be my ideal, but the teams thoughts as well.

I'm more than ok with that as opposed to overspending on a one or two year patch.

Again, i'm also ok with them not spending for the fact that I don't view this team as having that many holes to be filled. I will agree with their approach right up until the time we don't keep Smith, Dalton, Green, or Atkins. I think fans simply don't know what it's like to have better than 5 players on the team that are above average to great and how to handle keeping them all.

Even with all the money it appears we have, they won't be able to keep everyone.

Either MJ or Dunlap won't be back if I were guessing for next season.

Like him or not Gresham is also coming up and one way or another its going to cost money or a draft pick.

I'm just curious where are the holes are that can't or shouldn't be addressed through the draft ??

Running back ?? Yeah, draft a young kid that will be a part of the solution long term, not a season or two patch.

OLB ?? Same as above.

Safety ?? Same as above.

Those are the 3 biggest holes we have and getting younger not only seems to be my ideal, but the teams thoughts as well.

I'm more than ok with that as opposed to overspending on a one or two year patch.

Again, i'm also ok with them not spending for the fact that I don't view this team as having that many holes to be filled. I will agree with their approach right up until the time we don't keep Smith, Dalton, Green, or Atkins. I think fans simply don't know what it's like to have better than 5 players on the team that are above average to great and how to handle keeping them all.

Even with all the money it appears we have, they won't be able to keep everyone.

Like him or not Gresham is also coming up and one way or another its going to cost money or a draft pick.

I think the holes can be addressed but not in a way that gets them over the hump. Unless they have an incredibly outstanding draft and return. LB and Safety are 2 positions of weakness on this team that they have been unsucessful in using the draft to solidify. That's why I am worried.

It's also more than S, LB, and RB. It's OL and WR too. That's alot of good fortune to expect from drafting unknown commodities.

Well Marvin was asked about the safety position, and said he felt good about it. Is there somebody they got who is starting? Are they thinking of moving Jason Allen (who is a waste of money)! I just hope they draft somebody then!

I'm hoping Marvin is just pulling his d**k-ish attitude about that and Maualuga. When he doesn't feel people have a right to know, he gets pouty and flustered.

If he's serious about MLB and Safety being "ok", then we are ultimately f**ked if we think this team is getting any better.

That havard guy is a titan

well that was quick

I guess you have to move a bit faster than molasses in winter (ala SoaG) to actually sign a quality FA

Backup quarterback is an important position. QBs are getting all smashed up these days, everybody knows it. Your backup has to go in and play, having a good one is huge. The harvard guy would have been perfect. I'm not wanting a rookie for this role, that would be completely stupid. We need a vet who's played in a bunch of games. The Bangals FO and Marvin flat out act like they don't give a crap. This position is one where you can't get a usable one in the 4th round of the draft. We need a free agent vet in here, and Mike and his Blackburns act like it's just another left guard position or something. I don't want a big money prima donna receiver, nor do I expect them to get into bidding wars for the highest rated cornerback out there, but jesus f**king christ, find a competent vet qb and sign him. And quit acting f**king snotty to the press and the fans just because we have the nerve to actually be interested in your f**king football team.

OLB ?? Same as above.

Safety ?? Same as above.

I think the holes can be addressed but not in a way that gets them over the hump. Unless they have an incredibly outstanding draft and return. LB and Safety are 2 positions of weakness on this team that they have been unsucessful in using the draft to solidify. That's why I am worried.

It's also more than S, LB, and RB. It's OL and WR too. That's alot of good fortune to expect from drafting unknown commodities.

I didn't see the Bengals getting any of the FA safeties that would have made a difference for the price they would have needed to get them at. The others ?? I didn't view them as true upgrades to start with. They struck out with Rivers, but haven't used a top pick on LB or a safety in a long time. It's about to make the attempt and this draft is a good one to have those specific holes to address. They also brought in Maybin and while I can find reasons to not like it, I can find reasons to be excited about his opportunity in this defense. Howard is also still in play.

I would like to see them draft a WR and possibly early, but I can't say as a corps consisting of:

Green, Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins as your 1-4 are anything to turn noses up at.

They also picked up Sanzenbacher, who I think is underrated and the #6 is always inactive.

O-line ?? Sure, draft away. I have advocated drafting another interior guy, but I don't really think the team views it the same way the fans do. They have a hard on for Cook, Robinson looked like he could develop.. If they bring back Smith (which they should be able to do) they will have the same o-line from last season. I won't complain with the consistency in the least.

Depth on the other hand is something I would like to see them improve upon and why I like Barrett Jones so much.

Collins and Wharton seem to be the two covering for now and depending on Roland, they will need at least another.

I don't like any of the draftable safeties better than RFA Stevie Brown of the Giants, so give up the late second rounder and pick him up

Of the remaining free agents, I like Mike Huff

Also, make Kevin Kolb a small "career rehab" offer with plenty of performance incentives (so that if Dalton goes down, he gets paid)

I didn't see the Bengals getting any of the FA safeties that would have made a difference for the price they would have needed to get them at. The others ?? I didn't view them as true upgrades to start with. They struck out with Rivers, but haven't used a top pick on LB or a safety in a long time. It's about to make the attempt and this draft is a good one to have those specific holes to address. They also brought in Maybin and while I can find reasons to not like it, I can find reasons to be excited about his opportunity in this defense. Howard is also still in play.

I would like to see them draft a WR and possibly early, but I can't say as a corps consisting of:

Green, Sanu, Jones, and Hawkins as your 1-4 are anything to turn noses up at.

They also picked up Sanzenbacher, who I think is underrated and the #6 is always inactive.

O-line ?? Sure, draft away. I have advocated drafting another interior guy, but I don't really think the team views it the same way the fans do. They have a hard on for Cook, Robinson looked like he could develop.. If they bring back Smith (which they should be able to do) they will have the same o-line from last season. I won't complain with the consistency in the least.

Depth on the other hand is something I would like to see them improve upon and why I like Barrett Jones so much.

Collins and Wharton seem to be the two covering for now and depending on Roland, they will need at least another.

We shall see what happens. I have my doubts. Now my doubts are even more founded with the signing of Maualuga for 6.5 million when nobody else wanted him. As Hoosier said earlier in another thread. Pretzel logic.

As far as plan goes, the plan is all dictated by pricing, market value, not tinkering with the cap, and which draft picks fall to you. If that's the case then "The Plan" is never one that really is in the Bengals control. It's always part luck and part intent. It seems like a recipe for a small window of success.

I digress. This is all s**t that I've known about for years. I'll stop now.