Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Dumervil going to the Ravens! Well that sucks was hoping he was not going to choose them.

Price tag was "only" $7 million a year, too. It's becoming obvious why MJ was so quick to sign the franchise tender.

Figures. That sucks. I wanted him when he was coming out of college.

The Ravens were tight against the cap, but then all of a sudden the weren't paying Lewis, Pollard, Kruger, Boldin, Ellerbe and Reed.

Easy to free up money when you don't have to worry about resigning guys like that.

That being said, I don't like the Elvis went to the Ravens.

I think he will be a force in that defense with Suggs.

The rest of that team keeping up is another story.

Found this on NFL.com Here is the URL if you want to read the ntire story. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000152913/article/afc-free-agency-winners-and-losers

Winning with patience

Oakland Raiders: The word "rebuilding" is thrown around a lot, but most teams truly are never far from 8-8. The job general manager Reggie McKenzie inherited last season was a true rebuilding situation. Judge the man when he has some picks to spend and doesn't have mountains of dead money from terrible contracts of the last regime. The cheap linebacker signings (Kaluka Maiava, Nick Roach) could work. Last year's cheap linebacker signing (Philip Wheeler) got rich this offseason.

Jacksonville Jaguars: The Raiders may have more talent overall than the Jaguars, a roster that is close to expansion level. New general manager David Caldwell is smart not to chase short-term solutions like so many Jaguars GMs of the past.

Cincinnati Bengals: It's a good sign the Bengals have so many quality players to re-sign. It's a bad sign that BenJarvus Green-Ellis still is their primary running back and they didn't go after a quality third-down back.

I don't understand why they make a big deal about the RB situation for. They could hit a home run in the draft and get there RB of the future. There were only a few good guys to get, and I for one am so glad they didn't over pay someone. Be patient and draft a guy in the 2nd round, plenty of talent to be had.

I don't understand why they make a big deal about the RB situation for. They could hit a home run in the draft and get there RB of the future. There were only a few good guys to get, and I for one am so glad they didn't over pay someone. Be patient and draft a guy in the 2nd round, plenty of talent to be had.

I agree to some extent. I am gald they did not rush to sign Leonard and Scott.

Getting fresh legs in the draft is the best case, considering what was out there at RB in FA. Running the ball against depleted Pitt and Baltimore D's will be a critical item this year, think 09 but with AJ Green and Sanu flagging passes.

my thoughts exactly, couldn't agree more

The thing about RB is, pursuing a vet option does not preclude picking one in the draft, too. That was my preferred option. The risk now is that guys they want get taken ahead of them and we end up like last year, scooping up a Boom late. In short, a vet would have let them hedge their bets. If the draft doesn't fall their way, expect Scott to be back in stripes.

Law Firm, although not the greatest RB ever to have been in Cincy, still gave us a 1000 yard season last year and has room to improve. I have no reall issue with BJGE but I think the talent pool drops off\dramatically behind him.

I'd rather stick with BJGE and draft a complimentary back rather than keep BJGE AND pay a veteran RB AND pick up a project back through the draft

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000153310/article/terence-newman-calls-out-caa-agent-on-twitter

This article highlights an intersting point made by Newman on Twitter apparently

"If anyone sees Ben Dogra of CAA, tell him I'd like him to get my deal finalized so if he could call me it would be appreciated".

Sounds like an offer is on the table but not sure if this "deal" is from the Bengals or the Raiders, or possibly both ...... ??????

Hoosier there is alot of talent at the RB, LB, S, OT, OC, WR spot this year, I really think they can get a great one with there first pick in the second round.

Fixed. ;)

I don't doubt they can get a good RB with that pick. But they could get a lot of other good players at positions of need, too. It would have been nice to see them check off a box or two before the draft.

Hoosier there is alot of talent at the RB, LB, S, OT, OC, WR spot this year, I really think they can get a great one with there first pick in the second round.

Fixed. ;)/>

I don't doubt they can get a good RB with that pick. But they could get a lot of other good players at positions of need, too. It would have been nice to see them check off a box or two before the draft.

I just keep getting a feeling they will go offense heavy in first two rounds: WR, OL, RB.... would not surprise me one bit. They simply need to score more points...

LB and S can come a bit further down... now I'm thinking I should go have another look at my mock, now that the first wave or two of FA's have blinked through the league.

I still would love them to look at Kerry Rhoads or Mike Huff for safety. For LB they should take a look at Dansby. Full these needs in FA, and they can worry about offense In the top rounds and I would be ok with that.

If they got Huff and Dansby, I'd be ecstatic. It would also settle some of the concerns that we keep pining over.... and make the draft a bit simpler, too.

Sebastian Vollmer's deal is reputed to be 4 years 17 million with 8.25 million guaranteed and another 9 million available from incentives....

Right now Andre Smith should be firing his agent because it is widely reported that the Bengals were offering something in the neighborhood of 7.5 per year for 5 years....that price has now dropped.

Sebastian Vollmer's deal is reputed to be 4 years 17 million with 8.25 million guaranteed and another 9 million available from incentives....

Right now Andre Smith should be firing his agent because it is widely reported that the Bengals were offering something in the neighborhood of 7.5 per year for 5 years....that price has now dropped.

Hopefully any contract the Flesh Zeppelin signs will be heavy on incentives - I am all but certain this particular man moves best when a carrot (extra large pizza? rack ribs? 4 crave cases? pick your FZ-sized metaphor) is waved in front of him

I still think he has decided to sit it out and hope/pray a playoff contender loses their starting ORT to injury - then, sitting in the catbird seat, his price goes up

Plus then he can skip the rigors and sweat of OTAs and training camp

Given what this tells me a lot about this man's desire to play football relative to his desire for dead presidents, we are (assumign my theory is right) better off without him

Not so much. Vollmer's deal has $10 million in incentives so the total value averages $6.75 million a year. That's still in the neighborhood. It is, however, far from the $9 million/ year he wanted. I still think its possible Moobs switches gears and tries for a short term deal that lets him hit FA again in a year or two.

although this is draft talk in a free agents topic - what the heck.........

you guys do know that he isn't even cleared to run yet, right?

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/news/lattimore-attend-south-carolina-pro-175101268--ncaaf.html

I'd be OK with risking a 5 on the assumption he is ready to play in 2014, but I really don't think he has a realistic chance of playing in 2013, even if he is PUPped for half the season

in any case, we should probably move Lattimore talk to a draft board topic......sorry, yeah, I am as manifestly guilty as anyone :-)

No way Lattimore in the 3rd. He was my favorite RB coming out this year before he got hurt. I would love the bengals to draft him, but it would have to be later 4th round or later, and i prefer later. I still want them to get there RB early, get one with one of the second round picks, and call it a day. If they do that i doubt they draft Lattimore, but wow if they did and he was healthy again for the next season, this team would be stacked with RBs :cheers:

Don't want Lattimore. Maybe with one of our 6th rounders, but even then it's iffy.

Was anyone else watching the game when his knee looked like it exploded in about 10 pieces ??

I treated less horrific wounds caused by a gunshot on the battlefield. No joke.

Free agents yeah that was the topic. Nope still don't care about any at this time.

Maybe a LB. I can't say as I recall who is still out there, but i'm probably not interested in them either.