Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Upcoming week.

Things I'd like to see:

1. Get Big Andre signed - seems with Jake Long NOT signing in STL (he may still return to Miami), and teams like KC, Philly, STL, and GB in need of RTs, the market is there but its a bit flooded. I hope they get him signed.

2. Address LB spot, specifically the strong side. I think Dansby would do quite well in the AFCN. Him next to Burfict and maybe Howard would be as strong of a LB group in a while. I really dont see much else out there as a FA... Urlacher, Smith, Boley...none would be more than one year help.

3. Figure out if a FA safety would work. They were not gonna pay Gholson or Quin level money... but there are a couple guys who might make sense. I like Mike Huff, who is versatile. Also mentioned is Charles Woodson but he is old. Zbikowski and Rhodes may be better than Mays or Miles but are not long term answers.

4. Keep looking for FA WR and RBs. Bradshaw is not drawing much interest. Longer it goes, lower his price. At WR there is not much out there. Maybe a guy loike Brandon Lloyd?

5. Sign a FA QB. I'm all about them signing Josh Johnson. He is a real sleeper. Guy has a mega arm, and plays like Kaepernick. Not sure why TB and SF shuffled him of but he is a guy who can make this team better, certainly better than with Gradkowski.

Upcoming week.

Things I'd like to see:

1. Get Big Andre signed - seems with Jake Long NOT signing in STL (he may still return to Miami), and teams like KC, Philly, STL, and GB in need of RTs, the market is there but its a bit flooded. I hope they get him signed.

2. Address LB spot, specifically the strong side. I think Dansby would do quite well in the AFCN. Him next to Burfict and maybe Howard would be as strong of a LB group in a while. I really dont see much else out there as a FA... Urlacher, Smith, Boley...none would be more than one year help.

3. Figure out if a FA safety would work. They were not gonna pay Gholson or Quin level money... but there are a couple guys who might make sense. I like Mike Huff, who is versatile. Also mentioned is Charles Woodson but he is old. Zbikowski and Rhodes may be better than Mays or Miles but are not long term answers.

4. Keep looking for FA WR and RBs. Bradshaw is not drawing much interest. Longer it goes, lower his price. At WR there is not much out there. Maybe a guy loike Brandon Lloyd?

5. Sign a FA QB. I'm all about them signing Josh Johnson. He is a real sleeper. Guy has a mega arm, and plays like Kaepernick. Not sure why TB and SF shuffled him of but he is a guy who can make this team better, certainly better than with Gradkowski.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB earlier than we think they will, to compete with Dalton. The offense was baaaad last season and Dalton's playoff performances have been abysmal against one of the worst playoff teams each year. That missed TD throw to AJ vs Houston in the playoffs is the epitome of why he'll never take this team anywhere...you've got a WR who can win big games for you but your QB can't get the ball to him when he should.

But yeah a FA QB is going to have to be a priority, this team has no plan for that position it seems, and no consistency or potential there as a #2. They put such little value in the #2 guy, and live year-to-year.

Upcoming week.

Things I'd like to see:

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted a QB earlier than we think they will, to compete with Dalton. The offense was baaaad last season and Dalton's playoff performances have been abysmal against one of the worst playoff teams each year. That missed TD throw to AJ vs Houston in the playoffs is the epitome of why he'll never take this team anywhere...you've got a WR who can win big games for you but your QB can't get the ball to him when he should.

But yeah a FA QB is going to have to be a priority, this team has no plan for that position it seems, and no consistency or potential there as a #2. They put such little value in the #2 guy, and live year-to-year.

still whining, i see. none of what you say makes any sense, unless one has read any of your posts. whine, bitch, moan. then a juice box, and more whine,bitch,moan. ad nauseum. it never stops. ever.

Well, if you believe Hobs, the pride of Harvard is on their radar screen after getting axed in Buffalo...

Nice to see things haven't changed much in the last few days.

Even Daugherty wrote a piece today about perception. GARBAGE.

So at the risk of not being able to sign back your own guys you've drafted, lets run out and sign some free agent to contracts.

The reason ?? So they can sell more tickets, luxury suites, all of which makes Mikey look like he's simply money hungry.

Isn't that exactly what has been pissing fans off the most ?? Oh wait, as long as we "look" like we care..........

Yeah, I wake up today more than content with where this team is at the moment.

Just get Big Dre done and go from there.

If they have to bring in someone, Dansby wouldn't hurt my feelings either, but I can't and won't say as he's a much have either.

I honestly don't think there's a guy out there that fits that label. Certainly not at the prices some of these guys have been getting.

from reading the threads, i see everyone on here is ready to go through another season with cook or robison as our center. throw in boling at LG and we have serious issues on the left side of our line. oh, and whit hasn`t really showed me anything in the past 2 plus seasons. that pro bowl nod doesn`t convince me, either.

On the contrary there have been a number of calls for a lineman. However, Zeitler's a lock, they are trying to get Moobs back, Whit isn't going anywhere and neither is Cook. They could look to upgrade Boling but I doubt it. Unless Smith leaves I don't expect a lineman early.

Indeed, many have thoughts of a new o-lineman or at least adding some depth later on.

Barrett Jones is still my favorite should that be the case.

What I don't like is the thought of big Dre leaving and us using our first on a new replacement.

What a God awful waste that would be.

Doing the best I can not to worry about the quiet free agency so far.

I just know that the Bengals need to improve significantly over next year to be a superbowl contender.

Franchising Johnson for $11.2 million - dont remember the bengals signing any franchise players to a deal. Nugent this year, I believe, is because Nugent was grateful to have a job after the way brown kicked late last year. Keeping Johnson keep the team the same. Seems like a failure in negotiation and team marketing.

Possibly losing Andre Smith - I hope we risign him. As has been said around here - it would be painful to have to redfaft high hoping for an adeqaute replacement that will develop in a couple years. That does nothing to help this current team. Failure in negotiation and team marketing.

Keeping Mauluga? - WTF? League minimum and a backup? Keeping him in the starting lineup does not make us better. Do coaches think he can get better?

Signed Nugent over Brown? Didn't Nugent get hurt and is short on kickoffs? IDK - Doesn't make us better.

Is Brown trying to save money for himself?

Is he trying to save money to keep all existing players this year and next?

Has brown given up trying to lure players to cincy?

Do players WANT to stay in Cincy?

Would any players take less to help bring others in? (I wouldn't unless I knew Brown was doing everything to bring talent in.But he never has cap issues because he doesn't spend.

So far the Bengals are not better - but plenty of time for the whole story to unfold.

Ahhh = the doubt the Mike Brown era has created in my mind. Trying to not think the worst - but I am mentally prepared for it. Just hanging on to a thread hoping the Bengals brass know what they are doing.

Get 'Dre in the fold!!!

On the contrary there have been a number of calls for a lineman. However, Zeitler's a lock, they are trying to get Moobs back, Whit isn't going anywhere and neither is Cook. They could look to upgrade Boling but I doubt it. Unless Smith leaves I don't expect a lineman early.

I think Robinson will challenge Cook for the starting job. The team's play seemed to suffer towards the end of the year when Cook came back.

Good news and bad (very bad) news

http://profootballta...uga-adam-jones/

I'll leave you to decide for yourselves which is which

I'll take PacMan but pass on Rey. However I view Rey's return as an insurance policy on not being able to get someone equal or better in the draft.

He doesnt fit our scheme because Marvin hasnt been able get his joker SLB that hes always wanted.I think marvin and zimmer could make elvis work

I have never once heard Marvin Lewis use the term "joker."

Joker LB is what he had in peter boulaware when he was ravens DC its why we took pollack and why MJ had spent time at linebacker and its also why we took moch.He wants a SLB who can also rush the passer

my bad. i found another thread discussing lineman. yes, I am all for a Barret Jones like player. I`d like to see a center and guard drafted in the top 3 rounds. I think it is more important to do that than target RB or LB. And something has to be done about S. George Iioka still around? Robert Sands? What happened to those dudes....

Nice to see Long get done and "hopefully" move towards big Dre resigning.

Iloka ?? Sands ?? While they both seem to have the size and speed, both are still great unknowns to me.

I know Iloka got hurt last year, but I hope his presence on the roster doesn't keep them from addressing the safety spot in the draft. The Bengals have long ignored drafting the safety position in the higher rounds and it's about time to rectify that problem.

The only free agents I would have really wanted at the safety would have cost a fortune.

With that being the case, I set my sights on drafting one with one of the first 3 picks.

At worst, in the 3rd round.

Nice to see Long get done and "hopefully" move towards big Dre resigning.

Iloka ?? Sands ?? While they both seem to have the size and speed, both are still great unknowns to me.

I know Iloka got hurt last year, but I hope his presence on the roster doesn't keep them from addressing the safety spot in the draft. The Bengals have long ignored drafting the safety position in the higher rounds and it's about time to rectify that problem.

The only free agents I would have really wanted at the safety would have cost a fortune.

With that being the case, I set my sights on drafting one with one of the first 3 picks.

At worst, in the 3rd round.

I think Iloka will respond this season, he was looking good early last year until he got hurt. Sands needs to show something this year, he was promising when signed, but has not produced much. Drafting a replacement for Mays/Crocker or depth if Iloka comes on is something that needs to be done in the middle of this draft for sure.

That's just my thing, i'm sick of relying of 5ht round talent to be "the answer" for this team.

I was more than ok not addressing it in free agency, but putting it off again, only to add more 5th round talent is useless in my opinion. I just want more certainty at that position. Hell, we had to bring back Crocker off the street last year and he was better than any other option we had. That's just sad.

Good on Crocker though...

That's just my thing, i'm sick of relying of 5ht round talent to be "the answer" for this team.

I was more than ok not addressing it in free agency, but putting it off again, only to add more 5th round talent is useless in my opinion. I just want more certainty at that position. Hell, we had to bring back Crocker off the street last year and he was better than any other option we had. That's just sad.

Agree 100%. The last time they sacked up and took a serious shot at a safety was 2004 with Madieu. I'd say it's about time. Notably, they had two second round picks that year as well, and took Williams with the second of the two, No. 24. Right about where they are drafting this year. Be nice if Elam slides, but I doubt it.

Elam is my #1 safety. I think they'll go safety with 1st 2nd Rd pick.

I originally wanted him with our first round pick, but that's because he's a true strong safety, which is our need.

I know they like safeties that are interchangeable and he has the ability to do that as well.

I wouldn't complain if they felt Vaccaro could do the same and grab him there, but I don't think they will.

Hell, Rambo later on would be a bit of a risk, but could pay off huge for some team as well.

I still would rather Elam.

Agree 100%. The last time they sacked up and took a serious shot at a safety was 2004 with Madieu. I'd say it's about time. Notably, they had two second round picks that year as well, and took Williams with the second of the two, No. 24. Right about where they are drafting this year. Be nice if Elam slides, but I doubt it.

I don't see Elam slipping but would be happy with him as the r1 pick. He is underrated.

Heck, maybe Sands, Iloka or Miles will step up. We also have Tony Dye, who was a good player, on the roster...Gosh knows Mays is not a functional starting NFL safety.

They've stocked up on decent players, maybe time we get a look, a la Jerome Simpson....