Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Too injury prone for my tastes. But he's an Ohio product and would likely cost no more than league minimum, so it wouldn't surprise me if they brought him in. As long as it doesn't mean they ignore RB in the draft that's fine. I doubt he would make the final cut. But if they bring Wells in and try to sell him as The Answer, I won't be happy.

The guy I want in free agency as our veteran FS is this guy

/>http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Free-agent-to-be-Glover-Quin-wants-to-stay-with-Texans/8a22c3fb-a291-41b8-bed9-41267d57417f

He's young, durable, productive (and by the stats, a sure tackler), good size, should not too expensive, great intangibles, would be a serious upgrade for us, and would give us an inside resource on understanding and ergo attacking the Texan's D

I know everyone else wants this Goldson fellow but give me the value-priced/steady tackler over the expensive/flashy big hit or big whiff type.

I'd still want them to take a speedy zone-coverage safety no later than round 4 even if they do sign this guy

No to Wells from me as well. Draft our long term answer to the RB position and be done.

I know everyone else wants this Goldson fellow.

Nope. Draft our long term answer to the S position and be done.

I'd like to go ahead and add OLB to be inserted into the twice used comment above.

The guy I want in free agency as our veteran FS is this guy

/>http://www.houstontexans.com/news/article-2/Free-agent-to-be-Glover-Quin-wants-to-stay-with-Texans/8a22c3fb-a291-41b8-bed9-41267d57417f

We already have a veteran free safety. His name is Reggie Nelson. So, no.

With Harvin looking to get a deal in excess of 10-12 million per year and now reports of the Vikings possibly offering Wallace a contract in the 13 million per year range, I wonder how much head spinning is going in in regards to what it will cost to resign AJ ?? It's not like the price will go down next year.

His rookie contract is up AFTER the 2014 season, but they will need to get him done sooner rather than later when the 2013 season is done. I'm sure that's a big part of the reason they want to push some of the excess cap money from this year to next.

I think the FO's head has been whirling since Megatron got that $132 million deal. I said then that there's no way the Bengals cough up that much coin for Green. I hope I'm wrong, but its very easy to see them riding out his rookie deal, then franchising him for the 2015 season. And maybe again for 2016. Even if it costs, say, $35 million combined for those two tags, that's still a big savings. But at least we get 3 or 4 more years

Silver tweeted that they are interested in Mendenhall (barf) too. :(/>/>

Thornton tweeted "makes sense", why would that even make sense.

Dunno, maybe John started drinking early today? lol

If they were ever really interested in Stephen Jackson it sounds like Green Bay is leading in that chase.

Dolphins making a big splash in this years Free agency hopefully it pays off better then it did for the buccaneers.

Any word on who our guys are visiting? Maualuga to the Ravens possibility? ^>^

PS,I hope Joe cool is proud of him self he's making this division a whole lot easier.