Free agents...

GeorgeObererIII

Don't want Lattimore. Maybe with one of our 6th rounders, but even then it's iffy.

Was anyone else watching the game when his knee looked like it exploded in about 10 pieces ??

I treated less horrific wounds caused by a gunshot on the battlefield. No joke.

Free agents yeah that was the topic. Nope still don't care about any at this time.

Maybe a LB. I can't say as I recall who is still out there, but i'm probably not interested in them either.

I was at our local sports bar watching the game when his knee was detonated. Let's just say I did not finish my burger....

I'd be supportive of grabbing him, maybe even as high as an upper 5, should a trade dump a pick like that in our laps. I have a feeling that someone will take a flyer on him pretty early. SF has no less than 14 picks, and could easily package a deal to grab him a bit high and let him come back... He really is an excellent back, and Frank Gore is not getting any younger.

My guess is the 3rd round based on the back they are looking for is complementary with 3rd down capability. I just have a feeling the way they set their board up, something in the 3rd will fall to them. My only hope is that they are making improving the running game a priority. For the sake of the running production and to help out Dalton's game.

Don't want Lattimore. Maybe with one of our 6th rounders, but even then it's iffy.

Was anyone else watching the game when his knee looked like it exploded in about 10 pieces ??

I treated less horrific wounds caused by a gunshot on the battlefield. No joke.

Free agents yeah that was the topic. Nope still don't care about any at this time.

Maybe a LB. I can't say as I recall who is still out there, but i'm probably not interested in them either.

Howard is still out there but seems they wanna find a SLB...Which means more likely Reyrey is staying in the middle...

Marvin needs to get on the horn to Ozzie and explain to him how the Ravens don't need to sign anyone and that FA is a waste. Obviously he wasn't listening the first time...

For a team, that likes to draft the BPA, they certainly have painted themselves into a corner.

2 starters needed. SS and OLB. Must hit on both.

FA? What's FA?

2 starters needed. SS and OLB. Must hit on both.

FA? What's FA?

as far as I am concerned, they need to hit on RB and ORT as well, with things as they are currently

(not a Law Firm fan, sorry)

Yeah, true. If Smith isn't resigned, might as well pencil in OT in the first round. Then SS and OLB in the second round. RB in the 3rd. The running game needs that outside threat.

Which is FINE...however, you need to hit the draft on the head. Utilizing FA allows the freedom that if a draft pick falters, you have the proven experience in it's place.

You're preaching to the choir :-)

I think that Kerry Rhodes will not be too pricey, will dramatically improve our secondary, and will save us a draft pick this year

I don't like bringing in large numbers of free agents into a good team - you want the continuity to build on - but just one key piece would be perfect.

What I wonder is if the Bengals even put out feelers to any of these free agents. Or have they decided just to sit out this part of the season.

I also wonder about Moobs. Surprising he hasn't gone anywhere. I wonder if he is just not liked. As a competitor or a teammate. Is he generally viewed as lazy? Viewed as just looking for the payday? I cant recall him ever speaking or showing any personality either.

What I wonder is if the Bengals even put out feelers to any of these free agents. Or have they decided just to sit out this part of the season.

I also wonder about Moobs. Surprising he hasn't gone anywhere. I wonder if he is just not liked. As a competitor or a teammate. Is he generally viewed as lazy? Viewed as just looking for the payday? I cant recall him ever speaking or showing any personality either.

Well Moobs has same agent as Terrance Newman who is Ben Dorga and currently MIA.

My memory of him (besides the Combine 40) is the "pep talk" on Hard Knocks that he received from Mike Brown immediately after his signing. Bad TV.

I get the feeling the Bengals are waiting for the cap implosion that will occur when they try to sign AJ, Andy and Geno. Not sure how the new cap rules work but it seems like they are content with what they have. Still not sure what to make of Andre Smith's situation. Are we too low...are they too high. Are both sides trying to rectify his rookie contract?

Time to get it done.

Its already been noted that the Bengals are going to push at least 10 million of this years cap into next season in the attempts to get both Dunlap and Atkins taken care of. Then there's AJ, Dalton and Gresham to have to consider as well. Then of course there is still the issue of what to do with Michael Johnson and his playing under the tag. I know they still have until mid July to work a long term deal out, which would benefit them greatly to do. Big Dre still needs to get done as well and then there are those that still want Newman and possibly Howard to come back.

Just how much money do the fans think this team has ??

While I believe they could have helped themselves in at least one area, as mentioned by TJ, I simply just don't think the fans are use to having this many good players on the roster that need to be resigned. This is what happens when you have a solid roster and hit in the draft. Sure they put themselves in a corner with needing to get starters in the draft, but that shouldn't suprise anyone either.

Marvin and company have been saying for quite some time they were looking to add 3-4 starters via the draft.

Whether anyone agrees with that thought or not, it's what was coming for some time.

Again, while I think they could have addressed at least one concern, nothing I have seen to this point has really full blown pissed me off.

Rey and Tate coming back are the two that irk me the most, but it's not like either are set in stone.

The Bengals are also kings of the castoffs and once teams start cutting players, we could certainly still add more players in case those drafted don't work out. Hell, it might even be the better approach when considering it from a dollar and cents standpoint.

Its already been noted that the Bengals are going to push at least 10 million of this years cap into next season in the attempts to get both Dunlap and Atkins taken care of. Then there's AJ, Dalton and Gresham to have to consider as well. Then of course there is still the issue of what to do with Michael Johnson and his playing under the tag. I know they still have until mid July to work a long term deal out, which would benefit them greatly to do. Big Dre still needs to get done as well and then there are those that still want Newman and possibly Howard to come back.

While I believe they could have helped themselves in at least one area, as mentioned by TJ, I simply just don't think the fans are use to having this many good players on the roster that need to be resigned. This is what happens when you have a solid roster and hit in the draft. Sure they put themselves in a corner with needing to get starters in the draft, but that shouldn't suprise anyone either.

Marvin and company have been saying for quite some time they were looking to add 3-4 starters via the draft.

Whether anyone agrees with that thought or not, it's what was coming for some time.

Again, while I think they could have addressed at least one concern, nothing I have seen to this point has really full blown pissed me off.

Rey and Tate coming back are the two that irk me the most, but it's not like either are set in stone.

The Bengals are also kings of the castoffs and once teams start cutting players, we could certainly still add more players in case those drafted don't work out. Hell, it might even be the better approach when considering it from a dollar and cents standpoint.

I'm ok with that as long as I tell myself that 2015 is the year that they really want to win...if they can keep all of their big names, give or take a couple. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs, if it makes it in 2013, and I think the fans want more.

That's what it really comes down to.

I'm ok with that as long as I tell myself that 2015 is the year that they really want to win...if they can keep all of their big names, give or take a couple. This team is going nowhere in the playoffs, if it makes it in 2013, and I think the fans want more.

That's what it really comes down to.

Of course the fans want more and I am one of them.

However, not all of the players we want to see stay with the team are going to be able to as well.

Teams lose good players every year and find ways to rebuild. The Bengals are just at the beginning stages of what will come.

Think the fans are pissed now ?? Wait to see what happens when Atkins goes in search of Haynesworth dollars and finds he can get even more and the Bengals lose him. The fans may go into full nuclear meltdown.

I might very well be wrong, but I really think the fans are overreacting.

They are acting like this is some big suprise and no matter how much it might irritate some, no one can say they didn't know this was going to be the team approach heading into free agency. Brown, Lewis, and any other coach (Zimmer, Gruden, etc) all said the same thing from day one. Maybe the fans thought they were bluffing.

My blood pressure is holding steady because regardless of how I feel, I certainly didn't get ambushed by what's happening.

I also think with the changes to the teams in the division, the playoffs are still more than possible again for 2013.

Of course the fans want more and I am one of them.

However, not all of the players we want to see stay with the team are going to be able to as well.

Teams lose good players every year and find ways to rebuild. The Bengals are just at the beginning stages of what will come.

Think the fans are pissed now ?? Wait to see what happens when Atkins goes in search of Haynesworth dollars and finds he can get even more and the Bengals lose him. The fans may go into full nuclear meltdown.

I might very well be wrong, but I really think the fans are overreacting.

They are acting like this is some big suprise and no matter how much it might irritate some, no one can say they didn't know this was going to be the team approach heading into free agency. Brown, Lewis, and any other coach (Zimmer, Gruden, etc) all said the same thing from day one. Maybe the fans thought they were bluffing.

My blood pressure is holding steady because regardless of how I feel, I certainly didn't get ambushed by what's happening.

I also think with the changes to the teams in the division, the playoffs are still more than possible again for 2013.

I wonder because the team has been fairly successful in FA the last couple of years, especially on defense, that we expect moves? If this were years past they would have plugged a hole or two. Howard, Lawson, Newman, BJGE. This year they have some gaping holes to fill. But...they have big players coming up for extentions...but they also have the most cap space in the league.

The question is can they find better talent in the draft at safety, OLB, and RB than in FA? I don't know if they can ask a team to field 3-4 rookie starters and make it past the first round of the playoffs.

Can they make it to the playoffs and/or win the division? Sure. I just don't think that they're past that 6th-7th best team in the AFC position yet.

I think we're in for another anti-climatic year. If it pays off in 2015....then I'll take it, however.

Well, I wasn't sure if newman would be signing on with us again, but now that I know our very own GIZZLE is talking to him, its a lead pipe cinch

Gizzle ‏@E_Gilkerson32 16 Mar

@terencenewman man you know you wanna stay in Cincy, were bout to do big things..we love you here in #WhoDeyNation

Retweeted by terence newman

Well, I wasn't sure if newman would be signing on with us again, but now that I know our very own GIZZLE is talking to him, its a lead pipe cinch

Gizzle ‏@E_Gilkerson32 16 Mar

@terencenewman man you know you wanna stay in Cincy, were bout to do big things..we love you here in #WhoDeyNation

Retweeted by terence newman

+1

Marvin needs to get on the horn to Ozzie and explain to him how the Ravens don't need to sign anyone and that FA is a waste. Obviously he wasn't listening the first time...

Or Ozzie can explain to Mike that how the bengals should follow the example of the ravens and trade away AJ Green for a late round pick, and get rid of Whitworth, Andre Smith, Michael Johnson, Geno Atkins, Reggie Nelson, Vontaze Burfict, and Leon Hall while only signing one or two guys to replace half the starting lineup...

Yes I know this is a FA threat but I bought this up in the past and well, I think it's worth updating. SC RB Lattimore is working out for NFL scouts now. This guy is going to be a steal for someone!! http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/marcus-lattimore-journey-back-participate-south-carolina-pro-172057177--ncaaf.html