Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean that's exactly what you do for recovery from addiction. An alcoholic trying to recover has to be around other alcoholics. They are the only people who can possibly know what he's going through. If both our fat guys are fighting to eat right and lose pounds, being around each other is the best possible scenario. They can draw strength for their own struggle from helping their compatriot in his very similar struggle. Mike should bring in Kirstie Alley as a special o-line consultant.

I think you misunderstood. SMITH is fighting to eat right and stay in shape. Lutui could give a damn about any of that, he does what he wants when he wants. My example is you take a guy who just finally stopped drinking. You put him to work with a guy who still drinks heavily and has no desire to stop. Eventually the "hey bud lets go to the bar" will break the freshly sober guy. You take a reformed crackhead and put them to work with a guy on crack? Your sober guy is eventually going to break down being around someone enjoying that drug of choice all day with easy access to it.

Lutui is that crackhead and the all you can eat buffet is the crack rock. Now you've got a vet working literally right beside Andre Smith with an attitude of "screw it, weight can be losed in training camp." NOT a smart move.

Saw that Kelvin Hayden will be relesed from the colts, theres another CB out there to pick up. I hope the bengals wake up and realize they need some help at that postion LOL

Hayden would be decent.

I am not as down on the depth at DB, considering the Clements signing.

I am nervous that with Muck out, they'll go get Dhani.... dear god no.

Bring in Lawson. Need some speed on the edge...

Is it OK to start calling Rivers a bust yet? do I have forum clearance?

I wouldnt mind this pick up at all. Now im just hoping that its true, and he is signing. Could be just a rumor, but was searching on benagls.com forum and found it, so guess we will see.

They are looking at signing a starter at LB also, so i wonder which way they will go.

Still hoping they get one more CB in here, and im hoping for Kelvin Hayden he can play the nickle or let him and Clemants battle it out for the starting job.

LOL LOL now Duece Luti failed his physical for being over weight, so he decided to go back to the Cards on a 1 year deal. There goes our offense guard, they better come up with another idea LOL LOL

How can pain be funny?

It shouldn't be possible, right?

It's a contradiction.

And yet, when pain is shared....laughter often follows.

So, yeah.

:phish:

I'd dig Whitner. He's flawed, but it'd still be a big upgrade over anything the Bengals have at safety.

yeah, I think that's fair. The Bengals don't have much at safety at all. I saw this job posting on the "careers" portion of Bengals.com:

JOB LISTING - SAFETY

The following skills are required for the "safety" position:

*pulse

*no outstanding bench warrants

The following characteristics are preferred:

*40 yard dash under 10 seconds

*Ability to whiff with flair on arm tackles

*Permission from parole officer to travel with team

The "safety" will support the cornerbacks by arriving hopelessly late on deep passes. The safety will also be expected to jump onto the pile after a LB brings the RB down after a 7 yard gain. Other duties include missing the QB on blitzes and dropping interceptions.

Benefits include league minimum salary, team discount at White Castle, and privileges to the company Lumina.

Interested parties should forward resumes to the attention of "Pumpkin", 1 Paul Brown Stadium, Cincinnati, OH, 45201.

FWIW Reedy did confirm tonight that the Bengals and Whitner are talking.

Edited to add:

Clayton:

There is a good chance safety Donte Whitner gets a deal done with the Bengals. It would be a nice fit.

/>http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN/status/97837485870161920

FWIW Reedy did confirm tonight that the Bengals and Whitner are talking.

Edited to add:

Clayton:

There is a good chance safety Donte Whitner gets a deal done with the Bengals. It would be a nice fit.

/>http://twitter.com/#!/ClaytonESPN/status/97837485870161920

I hope so!!

Then they need to go after a LB or two

OG needs to be addressed again

CB needs to be addressed again also, so they should be pretty active this week!

I suspect this one can be filed under "Pipe Dreams, Bengals, Internet Rumors," but has anyone heard anything about the Bengals trying to swing a trade for Osi Umenyiora?

Nope but interesting, im sure its nothing. I do want them to beef up there pass rush though they will need it this year more then anything. I was also hoping for a big run stuffer, but i guess maybe Peko will be ok with that. Well you never know with Mikey runnin the show LOL.

Nope but interesting, im sure its nothing.

Probably. The rumor mill has Osi wanting to go to Seattle, but the Hags don't want to give up the 1st round pick the Giants are asking. I can't see the Bengals coughing one up either. But I figured I'd ask.

Benson signed a 1 year deal to come back.

Come on Ced, show up in shape and be a leader. I don't care about his proclivity for punching people. You'll have that with football players. He's a hardnosed football player. He's the anti-Chad. He's what this team needs more of. Also, with the money saved on this bottom of the barrel contract, Mike can get the Lumina simonized and rustproofed.

Better get a LB or two...even if they have to trade for one.

Seems like Brandon Johnson is a no brainer. What's the holdup? Is he being pursued by another team?

Reportedly, Johnson wants a starting gig. With the Bengals drafting Moch in the third and looking to convert him to LB, and the signing of Howard to fill in for Rivers, and Rey apparently ensconced in the middle, I doubt he's seeing anything he much likes. My bet is that Brandon is biding his time hoping that injury will open a starting job someplace.

Meanwhile, on the Whitner front, Reedy says the two sides are still talking but no deal yet. The Browns are said to be chasing him too.