Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

Better get a LB or two...even if they have to trade for one.

Seems like Brandon Johnson is a no brainer. What's the holdup? Is he being pursued by another team?

Reportedly, Johnson wants a starting gig. With the Bengals drafting Moch in the third and looking to convert him to LB, and the signing of Howard to fill in for Rivers, and Rey apparently ensconced in the middle, I doubt he's seeing anything he much likes. My bet is that Brandon is biding his time hoping that injury will open a starting job someplace.

Meanwhile, on the Whitner front, Reedy says the two sides are still talking but no deal yet. The Browns are said to be chasing him too.

Meh BJ Would be a starter if Resigned him We still need a SLB even if Keith is healthy and Truthfully I'd rather see BJ resigned then I'd want to see Keith Extended...BJ can play SLB this year we'll Moch learns then move to WLB when Keiths contract Expires...I like Rivers but Bjohnson has played as our best LB for quite some time.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like Brandon Johnson is a no brainer. What's the holdup? Is he being pursued by another team?

Tatupu should be considered. Brandon should be re-signed. Dhani should not be brought back.

I like Thomas Howard quite a bit, and he is a big upgrade to Rivers.

If Michael Johnson can put it together, I will feel a lot better about the LB/Pass Rush/3rd down package.

Reportedly, Johnson wants a starting gig. With the Bengals drafting Moch in the third and looking to convert him to LB, and the signing of Howard to fill in for Rivers, and Rey apparently ensconced in the middle, I doubt he's seeing anything he much likes. My bet is that Brandon is biding his time hoping that injury will open a starting job someplace.

Meanwhile, on the Whitner front, Reedy says the two sides are still talking but no deal yet. The Browns are said to be chasing him too.

Hobson seems to think that Whitner was not even on the bengals radar. While Reedy says they are still talking.....hmmm so i wonder who is right and who has more info LOL

The Browns did sign a saftey, but i guess they could be looking at Whitner also. They need to get this deal done, he would be a huge upgrade from what they have. Our luck though nothing will happen.

Hope they are still looking at LB, and OG help, oh and CB. There are some needs to be filled so this week should be busy for this team, lets hope they get it done.

Hobson seems to think that Whitner was not even on the bengals radar. While Reedy says they are still talking.....hmmm so i wonder who is right and who has more info LOL

I think there was far too much smoke around this for there not to have been fire, too. Most likely Whitner wants more than the Bengals are offering, so that's that. They'll sign some guys eventually, once the market is down to guys who don't have any other choices.

I think there was far too much smoke around this for there not to have been fire, too. Most likely Whitner wants more than the Bengals are offering, so that's that. They'll sign some guys eventually, once the market is down to guys who don't have any other choices.

Its amazing though the bengals have some 49 million dollors what the heck are they doing. Now im not saying break the bank with Whitner, but wow thats alot of money that he could put toghter some really nice pieces to this team if he wanted too.

If Michael Johnson can put it together, I will feel a lot better about the LB/Pass Rush/3rd down package.

I see MJ Staying at END,I'm sure he'll drop back in coverage and will be used for some unique looks...But I see Moch Being the Passrusher/End they been wanting which is good

Because Dunlap,Geno,MJ & Moch could be some speedy Passrush vs the elephants were use too.

Its amazing though the bengals have some 49 million dollors what the heck are they doing.

Best guess? Tracking the cash spending of the other 31 teams around the league so as to calculate the absolute minimum amount of that big NFL check they have to pass along to their players.

And the Bengals weird nepotistic streak appears again as they claim WR Andrew Hawkins, brother of Artrell Hawkins, off waivers.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/8/1/2310161/bengals-claim-artrell-hawkins-younger-brother-off-waivers

Toast Jr? :P

No team worth its salt would hand him a job. The best he can hope for is an opportunity to win a job and where would his chances be better for that than here? Our LB corps are depleted, he knows Zimmer's system and time's running out on learning another team's system. Seriously, if playing time is BJ's top concern then Cincinnati is his best bet

This out of Baltimore...

Sources close to vinny and kenny show tell us C casey rabach to decide between ravens and bengals in next 24hrs

/>https://twitter.com/#!/KenWeinman1057/status/98193575417872386

Well if its between them two ill say he chooses the ravens LOL. However he might have a better shot at starting here either at C or maybe Guard. So who knows.

Reading on twitter sounds like its between the 49ers and bengals for Whitner, im still hoping they can get it done. They need safty help and he could be the guy.

Looks like they lost out to the Ravens on Rabach, which i figured. Sounds like Matt Birks legs arnt that great, so maybe rabach thought he had a better chance to win.

Still looking for guards hope they find one that will actully sign LOL. I like Brian Walters sure he is older, but on a 1 or 2 year deal i would take it. He could teach the young guys hear and help protect Dalton

apparently took Max Jean Gilles fro a workout today, eagles guard...

Well they need guard help bad, and right now anybody is better then Livings. Max is not the best guard out there, but with not much to choose from he would be ok with me. Still would like Brian Walters though to come in and play and help the young guys out.

Giles a bengal per reedy:

joereedy Joe Reedy

#bengals have agreed to terms with Eagles RG Max Jean-Gilles on a one-year deal. One year, $1.15 million

Works for me he has seen plenty of starting time in his career in Phily, and could see him starting. I still think they will be looking at other o-line line help as well.

Now somehow get Whitner done, and i would be happy.

Giles a bengal per reedy:

joereedy Joe Reedy

#bengals have agreed to terms with Eagles RG Max Jean-Gilles on a one-year deal. One year, $1.15 million

Works for me he has seen plenty of starting time in his career in Phily, and could see him starting. I still think they will be looking at other o-line line help as well.

Now somehow get Whitner done, and i would be happy.

I know nothing about the guy. Never even heard of him. I am interested in what type of OL help they bring in. The more bigass roadgraders, the better. Run the ball and then run it some more. Do that successfully and you won't need an all-pro line to protect Dalton, especially in the WC offense.

I know nothing about the guy. Never even heard of him.

I know the name but not much else. FWIW the guys on the Eagles board seem to think he's junk. Of course, it could be that Philly's junk is better than our junk...

/>http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/617396-max-jean-gilles-to-the-bengals-1-yr-deal/

I know the name but not much else. FWIW the guys on the Eagles board seem to think he's junk. Of course, it could be that Philly's junk is better than our junk...

/>http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/topic/617396-max-jean-gilles-to-the-bengals-1-yr-deal/

Very possible. I remember a few years ago when Browns fans were excited when they signed Ghiaciuc during the preseason.

The comments on the Eagles board, and his weight, would make it seem as if he is capable in run blocking but not so agile as to excel in pass protection. If that's the case, I'll take it.