Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raiders lb, thomas howard. 2 year deal.

Nobody talking much about this guy, but i actully like this move alot. Thomas Howard at one time for the Raiders was a beast, not sure what happened last year, but he was a great player. So i like this move for depth or possible starting who knows, but i guess this mean Dhani might be done??

Looks like Keith Rivers got hurt in the offseason and just had sugery. He will likely miss the first couple of weeks, so i think Howard will be starting for him.....i like the signing even more. Sucks for Rivers, but Howard is a really good LB

Yup, Hobson says wrist injury. Frankly, Rivers has been underwhelming, maybe some competition will get him going.

Looks like Keith Rivers got hurt in the offseason and just had sugery. He will likely miss the first couple of weeks, so i think Howard will be starting for him.....i like the signing even more. Sucks for Rivers, but Howard is a really good LB

Yup, Hobson says wrist injury. Frankly, Rivers has been underwhelming, maybe some competition will get him going.

Underwhelming? Let's just call him the second coming of Brian Simmons.

OK, now it's getting embarrassing. Remember Brandon Jackson? Bengals were interested right?

He just signed.

For a whole $2.25 million/year.

With CLEVELAND.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/28/2301914/running-back-brandon-jackson-signs-two-year-deal-with-cleveland

Pardon me, I have to go to Home Depot and buy some rope and a chair...

OK, now it's getting embarrassing. Remember Brandon Jackson? Bengals were interested right?

He just signed.

For a whole $2.25 million/year.

With CLEVELAND.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/28/2301914/running-back-brandon-jackson-signs-two-year-deal-with-cleveland

Pardon me, I have to go to Home Depot and buy some rope and a chair...

My guess is they were not that interested in him, and im actully happy they didnt sign him. There are other RBs on the market i would love.

Just checked this guys stats on ESPN. 12 games played; 9 tackles; 0 sacks. Is it just me, or is this guy a waste of time?

I love the Thomas Howard pick up, dont look at last year stats, check out the stats from before that. I know Rivers is hurt but with this signing i can see him playing great, might even earn the starting role. Great pick up

And why is Brandon Johnson not re-signed yet ?? He has been a better player than Rivers and with the thought of him being out, why not ??

The Chiefs cut Guard Brian Waters and while he's older, I wouldn't mind him.

I still think they need to be looking at the Guard tandom from Atlanta for upgrades.

Why the f*ck are they sitting on their hands ??

So much for priorities.

From my perspective the front office has until about end of day tomorrow to restore some confidence in the locker room and the fan base. Otherwise, fast forward to 2-14 rebuilding year. If that's the case, I wish we had held out for the Luck kid from Stanford #1 next year.