Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

Overpay is going to be a big word for the Bengals free agency, but fortunately for them, they have the money to do it.

Problem is that F*cking retard Mike Brown will let all the good players sign with other teams,F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

*****F*CK YOU _ ___ trademarked by ArmyBengal all rights reserved*****

Again, you can only sign players if they want to be Cincinnati. NFL players are well paid and when they've got enough coin in the bank they can pick and chose where they want to be. If JJoe doesn't want to stay in Cincy, for whatever reason, there isn't a damned thing Mikey or anyone else can do about it.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Joseph signing to me is a big deal. If he signs with the Lions then to me that says we are on the down while the Lions are up. Which is a bad sign to me in the battle for the 2 worst franchises in the NFL.

On another note. It's amazing to me the different level of franchises between us and say the Pats and Jets. Guys take less to play for Jets and the Pats got Haynesworth. How much do you want to bet he doesn't suck for them? They get the best out of guys.

Because they know he can handle starting. Nothing out there was going to save the season, but he is a decent stopgap. And he has one more win in Pittsburgh than any other qb we had on the roster.

I'm for it. Gradkowski has looked good when I've seen him.

I honestly think he's better than Palmer. Last year Palmer constantly missed basic NFL throws. His leadership is pathetic. I was at the Bills game last year. If you were there, you surely saw that the team completely lacked leadership, and a quarterback who could hit anybody.

Palmer is just not very good anymore, and his retirement spares us all the pain of watching Mike force Marvin to keep starting him for the length of his contract no matter how bad he got.

I'm for it. Gradkowski has looked good when I've seen him.

I honestly think he's better than Palmer. Last year Palmer constantly missed basic NFL throws. His leadership is pathetic. I was at the Bills game last year. If you were there, you surely saw that the team completely lacked leadership, and a quarterback who could hit anybody.

Palmer is just not very good anymore, and his retirement spares us all the pain of watching Mike force Marvin to keep starting him for the length of his contract no matter how bad he got.

Yeah, he's got confidence and toughness that Carson lacks. Dude almost singlehandedly beat the Steelers 2 years ago.

I am absolutely grateful to Palmer that he's quitting. Now we don't have to watch him halfass it anymore. Thanks, Carson! Now if Mike Brown would ship his ass out of here instead of pining over him and wishing he'd come back...

He beat the Steelers two years ago and IIRC that loss knocked the Steelers out of the playoffs for all intent and purposes. Secondly, his numbers and pocket play are not that bad, but did not have any protection in either Tamapa Bay or Oakland. While he is not Carson Palmer, he is a good quarterback. Think Jon Kitna before Palmer. Pretty much the same player, never a star but a good QB to have on a team to hold down the fort.

There are still players out there to upgrade this team, but again, they have to be willing to come to Cincinnati.

There are two Guards in Atlanta (Dahl and Blalock) that would be upgrades to Livings.

As Pimp said, Michael Huff is still there.

How about dumping Chad and picking up Malcolm Floyd from the Chargers ??

Gradkowski was coming like it or not and for those who simply wanted someone to take the reigns early, you have your man.

With Gradkowski, Dalton can hold the clipboard until they want to throw him in there for good.

Then again, Dalton may beat him out and we have a better backup.

Nothing grand, but an upgrade nonetheless.

Gradkowski is abosolutely nothing to hang your hat on, but like I said in the other thread, he allows the team to take it easy with Dalton if they don't feel he's ready and if Dalton is in fact ready, Gradkowski (someone please come up with an acceptable short nickname) is an upgrade to the backup spot. Not a splash by any stretch, but a needed piece.

Davin Joseph from the Bucs is another Guard, but I don't think they will let him get away.

If JJoe leaves, there isn't much, Carlos Rogers ??

Safety ?? Dawan Landry Ravens ??

I think there are still RB's out there, but you can just see Benson coming back at a reduced rate and the Bengals salivating at the chance.

Well, JJoe isn't Asomugha, but i've also said for a long time that I could see some team throwing some stupid coin at JJoe that you know the Bengals won't.

I can't honestly say the Bengals "should" throw that kind of money at him either.

The next question I have in a post-JJoe existance is:

If the thought was to move on with Adam Jones as the starter, which remaining CB's give you at least that seeing as how Jones won't be ready ??

I wanted them to go after Floyd last year when he was a RFA. Still like him. It seems that receivers are nearly as happy to get out of SD as players are from the Bengals. If the concern with keeping Chad would be as depth or to cover early inexperience from the WR corps. Floyd would be a great alternative.

I wanted them to go after Floyd last year when he was a RFA. Still like him. It seems that receivers are nearly as happy to get out of SD as players are from the Bengals. If the concern with keeping Chad would be as depth or to cover early inexperience from the WR corps. Floyd would be a great alternative.

Floyd is 6'5, 225 and is going to be 30 this year, so it's not like he's asking for Santonio Holmes money either.

If the thought is to upgrade positions, this certainly would qualify.

Floyd, Green, Simpson, and Shipley along with Gresham would be a nice situation for either QB we start.

The talk is now that the Texans are really hitting up Asomugha.

Yup. Apparently they are offering something in the $12 million to $14 million a year range.

I just can't see the Bengals choking down any number remotely close to, never mind in, that ball park for JJ.

Call me crazy....(wait for it)....but a 14 million dollar ceiling for Asomugha sounds like good news. At least when weighed against the earlier projections of 17-19 million.