Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And why is Brandon Johnson not re-signed yet ?? He has been a better player than Rivers and with the thought of him being out, why not?

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/28/bengals-add-ex-raider-thomas-howard/

Thomas Howard > Brandon Johnson ??

Hell, you could argue that B. Johnson was the only LB on this team that was somewhat of a playmaker.

Between putting Carson on the reserve list, cutting Odom and trading Chad, the Bengals have $49 million in cap space according to the Cryptkeeper.

They have enough money now go out and sign a guard, cornerback, saftey, maybe a WR extend Halls contract, oh and how about some help with pass rush another DE, and DT. They have to get moving though, maybe they will sign cromartie who is a man to man guy??? Hell he probably dosnt to play here though.

They really have to have some kind of answer for the CB postion they need to get something done fast. They keep letting guys slip away, so i really hope they have something in mind here. This fast pace free agency really seems to be trouble for the bengals front office im not sure they really understand whats going on, or maybe they are just so confused LOL.

Im so happy about the ocho departure, but man im bummed about Jjoe leaving, i really hope they are extending Hall soon, and signing at least 2 CBs!

Jets and Cowboys are said to be out! It's a perfect fit for Cincy. The Bengals can spend WAY more than anyone else! We need a CB. It would be huge. NO ONE is saying they could be in the running. I don't get it.

The Eagles are announcing a deal with Nnamdi. We'll see if it's real or just a rumor.

The Eagles know how to play this free agency game, maybe mike brown should take some pointers. Mike Brown will be rebuilding this team for years to come now, hey Mike this just in you can start signing players now!!!!!!!! Anytime Mike, your letting your best player go, but have yet to make any kind of splash with all that money you got there.....stupid!!!

RunPee has been re-signed

Also back: Kyle Cook, Nate Livings, Dennis Roland, Quan Cosby, Clark Harris, Tom Nelson, Cedric Peerman, Dan Skuta.

Out: Shay Hodge and Clint Stitser.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/07/29/bengals-keep-jordan-palmer/

the Bengals have $49 million in cap space according to the Cryptkeeper.

I marvel at that incredible sentence. It is almost unbelievable.

You guys don't know how hard it is running an NFL franchise. :frustrated:

From Reedy, Marvin today:

“I think it’s been a productive offseason for us thus far."

From Reedy, Marvin today:

“I think it’s been a productive offseason for us thus far."

Typical Marvin. Up is down. Right is wrong.

Looking forward to his cryptic post-loss press conferences this year when he speaks in riddles. I'll be here to translate for everyone, I speak fluent Marvin.

Sando on Deuce:

Deuce Lutui's departure from the Arizona Cardinals to the Cincinnati Bengals deprives the NFC West of a colorful character -- and a pretty good guard, too.

The Cardinals won't miss Lutui's annual battles making weight (he once reported at 396 pounds), his demands for a new contract and his seeming resistance to motivational ploys. The evidence suggests Lutui had run his course in Arizona, with the Cardinals making little push to bring him back.

With center Lyle Sendlein re-signing, guard Daryn Colledge coming over from Green Bay and veterans Rex Hadnot and Jeremy Bridges already on the roster, Arizona can still field an experienced group on the interior.

But who will continually drive opponents batty with maddening on-field antics? Back in 2009, Lutui needed only a short while to push Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris over the edge. Lutui decked Harris twice in legal but not entirely necessary fashion. Harris responded with a punch to the head that drew an ejection. Lutui shrugged it off after the game.

If Lutui could be an aggravating player to face, his antics could be entertaining to watch. Lutui was also the player seen on ESPN speaking with quarterback Derek Anderson on the sideline during a tough defeat against San Francisco last season, creating the impression, perhaps unfairly, that Anderson wasn't taking the game seriously enough.

Lutui was always good for a joke, once even comparing himself to Lindsey Lohan for all the negative publicity his weight battles were generating. In the end, a little more seriousness from Lutui might have coaxed a better offer from the Cardinals.

Sando on Deuce:

Deuce Lutui's departure from the Arizona Cardinals to the Cincinnati Bengals deprives the NFC West of a colorful character -- and a pretty good guard, too.

The Cardinals won't miss Lutui's annual battles making weight (he once reported at 396 pounds), his demands for a new contract and his seeming resistance to motivational ploys. The evidence suggests Lutui had run his course in Arizona, with the Cardinals making little push to bring him back.

With center Lyle Sendlein re-signing, guard Daryn Colledge coming over from Green Bay and veterans Rex Hadnot and Jeremy Bridges already on the roster, Arizona can still field an experienced group on the interior.

But who will continually drive opponents batty with maddening on-field antics? Back in 2009, Lutui needed only a short while to push Chicago Bears defensive tackle Tommie Harris over the edge. Lutui decked Harris twice in legal but not entirely necessary fashion. Harris responded with a punch to the head that drew an ejection. Lutui shrugged it off after the game.

If Lutui could be an aggravating player to face, his antics could be entertaining to watch. Lutui was also the player seen on ESPN speaking with quarterback Derek Anderson on the sideline during a tough defeat against San Francisco last season, creating the impression, perhaps unfairly, that Anderson wasn't taking the game seriously enough.

Lutui was always good for a joke, once even comparing himself to Lindsey Lohan for all the negative publicity his weight battles were generating. In the end, a little more seriousness from Lutui might have coaxed a better offer from the Cardinals.

I like this signing, sounds like a physical guy who likes to push guys around sounds good to me. If they want to run the ball they need more guys like this, sounds good to me. Now i hope Livings is on the bench!!!