Official Bengals Free Agent Thread

membengal

I remember his name coming up in draft talk, but he's become mostly a big lard wall and little else. I don't object to the move though, Livings can't be much better if at all.

FWIW he apparently lost weight and is in the 310-320 range...practically svelte. With Skin Zeppelin now reduced to a 333-lbs. Skin Party Balloon, maybe things will get interesting.

Oh, reedy reports that Gilles can earn an additional $250k if he hits playing time incentives.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giles a bengal per reedy:

joereedy Joe Reedy

#bengals have agreed to terms with Eagles RG Max Jean-Gilles on a one-year deal. One year, $1.15 million

Works for me he has seen plenty of starting time in his career in Phily, and could see him starting. I still think they will be looking at other o-line line help as well.

Now somehow get Whitner done, and i would be happy.

I know nothing about the guy. Never even heard of him. I am interested in what type of OL help they bring in. The more bigass roadgraders, the better. Run the ball and then run it some more. Do that successfully and you won't need an all-pro line to protect Dalton, especially in the WC offense.

He has plenty of starts under his belt which is something that this team needs. Lets not forgot about Boiling who i really like, and i hear he has been looking pretty good at camp so far. Also im looking for Reggie Stephens to bring his game up, i liked him last year in preseason and cant wait to see him this year. Still hoping for Brian Walters though.

another fatty

this one had gastric bypass surgery

ugh

one of the brain trust, I think it was Spain, wanted this guy in rd1 the year he was drafted (late in rd 4)

I had forgotten that. (Thanks for the chuckle.)

I'd have to check the archives to be sure but if my memory is intact, and how could it be....(cough)...everytime someone mentioned MJG I responded by calling him a FTG, shorthand for fat tub of goo.

Obviously, I am not a fan of the MJG.

Brandon Johnson signed. Another one-year deal according to Reedy.

Good news!

Bad news? Reedy says the Bengals are at the 90 man roster limit. Which means the Bengals are going to war with what they've got at MLB and Safety. Those positions look REALLY shallow to me.

FWIW Hobson says they're still in contact with Whitner, but nowhere close to a deal. Which I take to mean they've got another one of these 1-year bargain deals he can have if he wants. Same deal with Fanene.

Good news!

Bad news? Reedy says the Bengals are at the 90 man roster limit. Which means the Bengals are going to war with what they've got at MLB and Safety. Those positions look REALLY shallow to me.

I think some of the college free agents will be shown the door soon. They are said to still want a Saftey, and more o-line help, and who knows maybe LB. I do see some more cuts coming soon, if they reach a deal with Whitner, and im hoping they do so.

Good news!

I think some of the college free agents will be shown the door soon. They are said to still want a Saftey, and more o-line help, and who knows maybe LB. I do see some more cuts coming soon, if they reach a deal with Whitner, and im hoping they do so.

absolutely, if a starting caliber player like whitner is signed you better believe the bengals will make room.

So...let's tale a census on where we are with FA signings. From memory (and in no particular order):

1. Bruce Gradkowski (QB)

2. Thomas Howard (LB)

3. Nate Clement (DB)

4. Manny Lawson (LB)

5. Max Jean Gillis (G)

6. Brandon Johnson (LB)

7. Cedric Benson (RB)

Who am I forgetting? Another one of our own FAs? Livings?

So...let's tale a census on where we are with FA signings. From memory (and in no particular order):

1. Bruce Gradkowski (QB)

2. Thomas Howard (LB)

3. Nate Clement (DB)

4. Manny Lawson (LB)

5. Max Jean Gillis (G)

6. Brandon Johnson (LB)

7. Cedric Benson (RB)

Who am I forgetting? Another one of our own FAs? Livings?

Brian Leonard

Leonard, thanks.

1. Bruce Gradkowski (QB)

2. Thomas Howard (LB)

3. Nate Clement (DB)

4. Manny Lawson (LB)

5. Max Jean Gillis (G)

6. Brandon Johnson (LB)

7. Cedric Benson (RB)

8. Brian Leonard (RB)

No worries on THAT account - they'll cut UDCFAs and street FAs to make room for a solid veteran

Plenty of other (much bigger) worries on other accounts