2023 Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

11 minutes ago, membengal said:

Perine signed for peanuts. 

Zeke wants more than peanuts. He probably will be sad.

But just take your fucking "L" on calling Zeke not productive. You were just fucking wrong. Just be wrong. Or, for once, admit you were wrong. You can do it. 

lol.  If Zeke wants more than Perine then you can stop cheer leading for him because he won't be a Bengal.   Which is the ONLY reason you are such a Zeke defender, homer.   STFU no one is taking an "L" debating your dumb ass. 

I could give a shit about Zeke. I am not a tOSU fan. I am saying you were talking full out of your ass, as usual, in calling him "not productive' and instead of being a grown-up and giving it the ol' "my  bad - that's pretty productive" you've doubled down on being fucking wrong. You do you, I suppose. 

Was Zeke better than Pollard last year ?? No, but neither was Mixon or Perine. Did Zeke lose snaps in the passing game? Yes, but that didn’t keep him from rushing for more yards than both Mixon and Perine.

My only point was simply saying Zeke was productive and probably would have gone for over 1000 had he not missed games.

35 minutes ago, membengal said:

I could give a shit about Zeke. I am not a tOSU fan. I am saying you were talking full out of your ass, as usual, in calling him "not productive' and instead of being a grown-up and giving it the ol' "my  bad - that's pretty productive" you've doubled down on being fucking wrong. You do you, I suppose. 

You don't give a shit about Zeke?  Somehow you seem invested enough to argue a point not being presented. 

Zeke caught 91 yards last year, 31 coming on 1 play.  He lost that role to a faster player.    He will not be a big help to the Bengals on pass blocking alone IF he can not get open and grab YAC like Perine was able to. 

Clearly this is a concern as he sits on the market for weeks while Perine was signed during the tampering period.

You get your panties in wad because he's was linked to the Bengals in some report, homer.  

seirously, fuck off. You are just such an asshole poster. I don't give a shit if they sign zeke or not. Truly. But you are simply fucking WRONG in saying he wasn't productive. Just be a ***damn adult and admit you were fucking wrong. you fucking syphillitic dildo. 

26 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Was Zeke better than Pollard last year ?? No, but neither was Mixon or Perine. Did Zeke lose snaps in the passing game? Yes, but that didn’t keep him from rushing for more yards than both Mixon and Perine.

My only point was simply saying Zeke was productive and probably would have gone for over 1000 had he not missed games.

Mixon could have gone for 1,000 too if not for missed games.    Dallas Cowboys out rushed the Bengals.   

The over all point in the Perine role : eke probably isn't getting those touches and would need to be able to pass protect and do something more than 91 yards receiving in order for it to be an upgrade.

If they are signing Zeke to replace Mixon then that's salary cutting because Zeke gained less yards than Mixon last year behind a better line.

6 minutes ago, membengal said:

seirously, fuck off. You are just such an asshole poster. I don't give a shit if they sign zeke or not. Truly. But you are simply fucking WRONG in saying he wasn't productive. Just be a ***damn adult and admit you were fucking wrong. you fucking syphillitic dildo. 

Oh, you go ahead and fuck ON.    Some rando report links him to the Bengals,  now you got to get your Bengals cape on to defend whatever you see as injustice to the Brown family.   STFU, homer.

You made up some point just so you could argue it.    His receiving yards declined deal with it and he's sitting on the FA market for weeks.   It should tell you its not automatic getting franchise Zeke.

Perine was off the market before FA started. 

22 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Zeke gained less yards than Mixon last year.

Zeke rushed for more yards than Mixon.
Mixon caught for more than Zeke.

To suggest Zeke was not productive is an incorrect statement. That’s all Mem has suggested. Not sure why you are so hell bent to argue that point.

Him not being the pass catcher or rusher he once was does not equate to him not being productive.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Zeke rushed for more yards than Mixon.
Mixon caught for more than Zeke.

To suggest Zeke was not productive is an incorrect statement. That’s all Mem has suggested. Not sure why you are so hell bent to argue that point.

Him not being the pass catcher or rusher he once was does not equate to him not being productive.

No one was making the point that Zeke didn't have stats.    I don't ever recall arguing that.

The point I was making and it is true.   Zeke has declined because he's gained weight.    Perine has higher YPC and YPR in the last 2 seasons. 

That's the player he is replacing and IF the Bengals sign him they better be comfortable with his conditioning.    

You give Perine 231 carries behind the Cowboys offensive line he's smokes Zeke last year.     You take out Zeke's 1 reception for 31 yards last year,  he averaged less than 4 yards per reception and they stopped targeting him.

No one ever said Zeke didn't gain yards.   I am talking about whether or not he's an upgrade.   Based on his stats from last year he is not and he did in fact gain weight.  

Because of these facts,  Mem wants me to die in a hole.   I don't think that is fair.

5 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

What do you know that these NFL GMs don't?

1.  Linearity of Differentiation 

2.  How to shape shift into a raccoon whenever I want.  (It’s not pretty, I did it one time at a campground in Lawrence, Kanas, and one guy who witnessed it killed himself while I was still in raccoon form.  It’s horrible).

3.  Adagio in D Minor by Johan Sebastian Bach, for the piano.  I’ll guarantee you none of those GMs know it.  I played it for my 8th grade recital.  Fucking prodigy.  At least I thought I was until Diu Jiang stepped up right after me and played Beethoven’s Moonlight Sonata and made me sound like the player piano at Shakey’s Pizza.  I actually wanted to quit the piano after that but my dad made me play one more year.  

Ok, that’s just a sampling of what I know that those humorless dullards sitting in the 32 NFL GM chairs don’t know.  Wait was this question even for me?  Zeke can drop anchor and stone a charging Cape Buffalo.  He’s a freak.  And he’s still a short yardage and goal line battering ram.  Open field?  Dude’s got some mileage, it shows.  But Mixon never even saw the field in the second half of the AFC title game because he just can’t pass block.  This offense at this point in time?  I’ll probably take the blocker and hope we draft a young RB who can be a threat on first and second down.  Though if Mixon takes a haircut, send him to blocking school and roll with him one more year.  

• Haha 1

Shakey’s sausage pizza was the best pizza I ever had. I don’t know what that sausage was made of. Maybe people who didn’t clean COB’s gutters thoroughly enough, I dunno. But it was awesome. Also the hats. The hats were awesome too.

How to shape shift into a raccoon whenever I want.  

With your experience in the shape shifting community, have you come across a guy that shape shifted into a fat Ewok?   If so, how hard is it to transform back into a NFL RB?

This offense at this point in time?

True.   Zeke improves short yardage.    However,  Perine/Mixon were equal to slightly better rushers than Zeke last year.  If you could theoretically plug either one of them into the Cowboys for Zeke they would have been slightly more productive.   That's statistical mumbo jumbo.   Let's say Zeke with an assumed improved Bengals line from game 1 to AFC Championship game could adequately back fill either Mixon or Perine or both rushing while improving short yardage. 

The problem IS which Zeke are they signing (if they do) in terms of pass catching?   Both Mixon and Perine choose whatever stat line you want or both were dramatically superior in pass catching.   Mixon/Perine played enough pass down snaps, produced enough that it is a legit concern, IMO vs. Zeke of last year.

Cowboys asked him run fewer routes (40% decline).  Ran those routes at a shorter distance (50% decline, under .5 yards), when he did run routes they targeted him less (45% decline).   Declines are from 2021.

The most concerning point when factoring "THIS OFFENSE at this point in time"   Zeke's declining route distance each year and declining yards per reception.

His great pass blocking is less of a factor because at his current rate in this offense defenses will leave him wide open because Burrow won't throw him the ball and when he does he'll be standing less than a half yard beyond LOS and not evade a tackle.   Thus eventually Zac will have him on the bench just like the Cowboys.

Choose either one or both.  Mixon/Perine ran more routes, and greater distances, were targeted more and gained more.   Anyone with memory knows this factor was key in beating the dreaded cover 2 along with Hurst.  

Which Zeke are the Bengals getting?  Then they'll probably still have to find a pass catching back to fill the void because Zeke isn't going to be a 3rd down factor with any distance to gain greater than 3 yards.  Do you really want a RB that in the last 3 years has never ran routes deeper than 1 yard has declining YAC replacing Perine in their 2 minute offense?

Zeke needs to come to Cincy with a body weight/fat percentage incentive contract and they'll probably still need to find a back to be productive catching the ball.

Consider available Free Agents.   Its really hard to beat Jerick McKinnon to fill that Perine role, IMO.    I have no idea why they didn't sign him last year and there's no rumors of talking to him this year.  Also confused why no other team has signed him yet.

He runs more routes, at greater distances, get targeted more and gains more yards per reception than Perine, Mixon, or Zeke.    He is older, I guess.   Maybe teams credit Andy Reid too much?  Have no idea.

Leonard Fournette is also one I would add to the list.      His number of routes, distance, target % and YPR are all favorable to Perine, Mixon and Zeke.    His passing offense role  improved while with the Bucs and remained steady.

One interesting point about Fournette is there is no shortage of predicted failure when making the move from Jags to Bucs because PFF said he wasn't a good pass protector.    Somehow that changed.   Maybe its coaching.   Maybe these advanced stats aren't worth a shit.   It probably is "who gives a fuck about blocking, when your churning out 400/500 receiving yards at 6/7 YPR?" 

His rushing efficiency is slightly worse than Zeke and Mixon in 2022 down from an impressive 2021.   Tampa Bay had OL problems in 2022.