2023 Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

13 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

So the odds of TE at #28 just increased.

Based on FA, I think it was always a likely choice, if not the most likely choice, barring a run on the top guys earlier in the round. If they really wanted a vet TE they could have had their pick.

Tough break for Moreau. Best of luck to him in his fight.

Specifically, there are a handful of guys that could be had at various parts in the draft.

For me, top targets early on would include:
Mayer
Washington
Kincaid
Musgraves

After them, you still have solid guys that could be better pro than college TE's:
Kraft
Laporta
Latu
Kuntz

Needless to say, we are taking TE(s) in this draft.
Unfortunate they couldn't get something done in FA.

Another factor in TEs is Boyd.     Its a similar role.    Teams do design route concepts with TEs to acttack the same parts of the field as slot WRs.   Boyd is a FA after this year,  I imagine his price will be a tough swallow for the Bengals.     It allows them to consider pass catching TEs in addition to in-line TEs when you consider that.

On top of that its a deep class so how many will be sitting there during their picks in the first/second round.

To my mind WR is something of a sleeper possibility at 28. It’s not a great class but holding on to Higgins is going to be difficult and I wouldn’t put the odds at better than 50/50. I’ve seen a few mocks where Zay Flowers slips. That seems unlikely in reality but if it happened I would have got think about it.

Also TJ’s rant would be epic.

I would take the Tenn WR that is typically linked to the bottom of round 1.   Name slipping at the moment.

I also would like to hear some news about McKinnon and Hunt, but not sure what the Bengals have planned.   They need the out of the backfield receiver type.

26 minutes ago, HoosierCat said:

To my mind WR is something of a sleeper possibility at 28. It’s not a great class but holding on to Higgins is going to be difficult and I wouldn’t put the odds at better than 50/50. I’ve seen a few mocks where Zay Flowers slips. That seems unlikely in reality but if it happened I would have got think about it.

Also TJ’s rant would be epic.

indeed it would

WR my ass :-)

1 hour ago, AMPHAR said:

I would take the Tenn WR that is typically linked to the bottom of round 1.   Name slipping at the moment.

I also would like to hear some news about McKinnon and Hunt, but not sure what the Bengals have planned.   They need the out of the backfield receiver type.

Jalin Hyatt?

22 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Ezekiel Elliott has his choice of teams narrowed to the Eagles, Jets and Bengals ??

First time I him connected to us.
Thoughts ??

cowboy fans loved to hate on him but not sure if that was because of skill or salary kinda like Mixon.   Most cowboy fans or least vocal ones wanted Pollard.

Certainly a big name that brings some sizzle and he has decent receiving yards.   Glad to hear they are still shopping around for RBs.   I would rather have McKinnon or maybe Hunt, but whatever they think.

Not entirely coach speak because "as is" probably has them as the AFC North favorite.    However, they got work to do before the draft and its pretty obvious.   Of course Zac has inside information over the fans so he knows what may have transpired just not known for public knowledge, yet.    

I don't think their plan includes - 13 lineman counting $55m against the cap.   Someone or Somebodies is leaving at some point.

RB 2 - Clear hole

RB1 - As discussed before make $12m; most speculate his exit from the team

TE 1 - Clear hole

TE 2 - I'd say this is a need, maybe somebody on the roster can back fill, maybe not.

CB? CB? - Not sure what number they'd be but Apple and Flowers play a decent amount in key roles and aren't resigned yet. 

S? - they lost 2, added 1.  

I just don't think its realistic to replace ALL these spots with the same quality via the rookie class.   

• Like 1

Oh I get that.  His comment was specific when addressing Zeke and the RB room.
I don't think he's "fine" with the whole roster as is, but maybe not to the degree fans think he should be.
Maybe the coaches think someone else on the roster is ready to step up and man some of those holes.

Maybe not...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, membengal said:

They have dax hill at S drafted to be ready now. They lost two, added one, but the starters are hill and Scott.

That and they still have Tycen Anderson they drafted last year as well, but was injured.
Not to say they may not add another S, but I would bet it won't be in free agency.