2023 Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

The Bengals never do this type of thing as loyalty rules the day, so I fully expect Mixon to be here at nearly 13 million for 2023. I’ve been wasting my time talking about to be honest. Oh well…

I know what you mean.  Mike’s like, “honor your word,” especially if a player has been a good soldier, ie has not complained about the facility, amenities, management, etc.

Katie: hey Joe I need  you to take a pay cut.

Joe:  hey Katie I need you to take a hike.

Katie: we may have to cut you if you don’t.

Joe: I’m sure Traveyon will be a fine starter.

Katie walks out, muttering “fuck” under her breath.

I think Lamar tanked last season.    I think that and him giving vibes out that he wants to reinvent himself away from the running game/ running Qb would give teams a bit of heart burn trading typical draft capital and huge QB deal for him.

If a team is trading for Lamar Jackson they want the one from his MVP year, not one that's going to try to prove to the world he's a drop back passer.   He's never been that and probably never will be.

He probably is costing himself some $$$ and certainly screwing Baltimore.   Which is fine with me.   Trade him to AFC West, so maybe one of those teams can hang a loss on the Chiefs.

Works for me. It occurred to me last night that the CB room isn't in bad shape.

Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, and Hilton is already a solid starting unit. Apple and Flowers would be valuable depth, and Jones doesn't take away from the quality of the depth. Cool.

First, I love that Jackson is now requesting a trade from Baltimore.  He's a dumbass and he's totally screwing the Ravens at this point in time.  I love it all, please keep up what you guys are doing Baltimore !!!

Sidney Jones...
I remember that dude coming out of Washington and his projections were through the fucking roof.
Loved the kid. and his injury, while bad, wouldn't have kept me from drafting him.  Things haven't worked out that way for him, but I believe in what I've seen from guys like Apple, that he could make all of those projections become a reality in this defense with Lou as a coach.  This is his best shot at regaining what he's lost.

I really like this signing.