Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

True......but.....if he were to sign a long term deal today (hopefully with tons of money tied to weight limits, workouts, and graded performance) we could focus on a OLT to groom instead of a ORT

FWIW I was listening to the CJ podcast last night and Goodberry passed a comment about Moobs to the effect that he had heard that the issue was more contract language (presumably about weight, workouts, etc.) than total money. I have no idea if Joe's sources are any good, but there it is anyhow.

Williams from UNC is who TJ and I have been discussing and I agree.

As for Smith, I heard on the way in today, that when Marvin said he was hopeful to get him resigned, that should be interpretted to mean there is only a slight hiccup, but that it will probably get done. I don't know how much to put into that, but they said usually Marvin doesn't react that way and usually only does when something is close to being complete.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/pat-kirwan/22144192/almost-overnight-market-has-changed-for-offensive-tackles

"The Eagles grabbed Lane Johnson and that has to put Jason Peters in play. On the right side Andre Smith needs to be back in Cincinnati now or he may hear the Bengals select Menelik Watson and move on. Eric Winston and Tyson Clabo are both sitting on the sidelines waiting for a call and their price is coming down. Smith is going to get a lesson in economics."

Yup

as long as it is vet min or nearly so with lots of incentives and very little guarenteed, I'm fine with long term

Oh good christ. Seriously, wtf do you care? If Mike Brown doesn't spend money, you call him cheap. If he spends money here, you will bitch its too much?

Too bad there isn't some fantasy GM league you can join. Jesus. Just be f**kin' happy for once. My god.

There is no f**kin' way it is vet minimum with lots of incentives. That's crazy. If that's your f**kin' target for this deal, then I guess we get to hear you bitch about it.

Yay us.

as long as it is vet min or nearly so with lots of incentives and very little guarenteed, I'm fine with long term

Oh good christ. Seriously, wtf do you care? If Mike Brown doesn't spend money, you call him cheap. If he spends money here, you will bitch its too much?

Too bad there isn't some fantasy GM league you can join. Jesus. Just be f**kin' happy for once. My god.

There is no f**kin' way it is vet minimum with lots of incentives. That's crazy. If that's your f**kin' target for this deal, then I guess we get to hear you bitch about it.

Yay us.

well mem, its all about two things for me

1) having money to spend on dunlap and atkins

2) I dont think this guy performs well unless he has a carrot in front of him. The more the guarenteed money, imh, the worse his play over the course of the contract

all imho, of course

so thats why the 'f' I care.