Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

They have like 28 bajillion dollars squired away under the cap. When they want to get Dunlap and Atkins done, they will get done.

I understand, but just because you have lots of money doesn't then mean its a good idea to spend excessively

You may not believe as I do that Smith needs to see more dollars he can earn in order to perform well.

it's ok, we disagree :-)

I don't think my reaction is over the top, but buddy, yours (your reaction to my post) kinda is at this point.

I'm not throwing around wtfs and etc.

I like Andre for the right price and at the right terms.....I dont think there is anything wrong with that, and I am far from alone in this line of thinking

That said, I think all of the following players are more important to this team's success, and I want money available to sign them accordingly: Geno, Dunlap, Green, and Dalton

Per twitter...3 years and $18 million (Ian Rapoport reporting). Pretty sure that doesn't break the bank.

Makes sense. He'll be 29 then and still have a shot at a big paycheck. But he'll have to keep playing hard to get it.

Pretty much. That be the carrot at any rate.

And a far FAR cry from the $9 million per year he apparently wanted.

Still curious how much is guaranteed. I am guessing no more than half of it.

Shorter than Andre wanted, less money than Andre wanted. I love this deal. Great for the Bengals and in light of what other top tier vets are getting (Harrison), it really is a great deal for the skin zeppelin as well. Fat dude gettin' paid!

Just like I said, a 3 year deal letting him see another pay day at 29 years old.

6 million per year average ?? Seriously ?? F*CKING STEAL !!!

Dude had been getting paid over the past two seasons at an average of 8.5 million.

Complain all you want about wrapping the RT spot up for the next 3 years with one of the best in the league.

I will just sit back and keep smiling !!!

Happy day for this Bengals fan !!!

I'm just worried that if it is largely guarenteed, Army, that he will revert to rookie form til year 3

Given that we only saw him play well in the final year of his first contract, I don't think thats an unrealistic worry

That said, yes, obviously much better to pay him 6M a year than 9M a year

Saying he only played well in the last year of his contract that is also an oversight by the people that hate him.

It's simply not true.

6 million. 6 freakin' million.

Over the 3 years, a savings of 9 million vs what he originally wanted.

If we gave him the 9 million per season, this contract is like a "Buy 2, get 1 season free" deal.

Like I said, complain away. No raining on my parade.

For gawd's sake, TJ, give it a rest. The whole "he will revert" worry has been bullsh*t from the start.

Did you see him today?

/>https://twitter.com/joereedy/status/327926092541341696/photo/1

Yeah, clearly he's let himself go...

Big dre lookin good though now seems like his head is to big for his body >.< lol...3 Year deal sounds good Short enough to keep motivated and He'll get another crack at FA well still in his prime.

Per Schefty, Moobs' deal is a bit front-loaded. He gets $8 million this year.

That's smart on a lot of levels. In addition to keeping him hungry/motivated, it puts the biggest cap hit now when we can afford it

Per Schefty, Moobs' deal is a bit front-loaded. He gets $8 million this year.

So the same he's been getting paid the last two seasons, meaning we get him on the cheap the final two seasons.

Hate this term but, winning....

It's a win for both sides. The most comparable deal is the 5-year, $34.5 million contract the Colts gave Gosder Cherilus, who was the No. 2 RT available this offseason according to some dumbass web site. Cherilus averages almost $1 million more, but $14 million of his deal is piled in the last two seasons, when his cap hit vaults to $9 million a year. Whether he ever sees any of that is highly questionable. So Moobs is only making $2.5 million less over a comparable period. In return for taking a bit less he is guaranteed to hit free agency again in three years.