Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

if you're a cynical bastige

was the "if" truly needed? :-)

I like the 11 lineman idea, as long as they can all run a 4.25 40 and cover Torey Smith :-)

If we had 11 lineman like Geno Atkins, there's no QB in the league that would live long enough to get the ball to Torrey Smith.

Also, I am pretty pleased at the chatter from Harrison today.

Agreed. He handled some of those particularly stupid questions well. I want to slap the guy that wasted his time with: "James, what does the word 'leadership' mean to you?"

He should have responded "I'll show you leadership when I lead by example and slap the piss out of you."

Marvin says he expects to sign Thomas Howard in July. So sounds like they will have pretty good linebacker depth.

with apologies if I have this wrong, I believe the 'July' in this context referred to the month when Howard turns 30, not when they'd sign him

That's the way it sounded to me as well.

Marvin expects to re-sign Howard and "by the way" he turns 30 in July.

Yeah, I was figuring it would fall in the $4-6 million range. It's a reasonable deal by any measure. The one interesting thing was the signing bonus, those seem to be getting rarer these days. It's clearly a sign of how interested the Bengals were.

The Steelers deal would have netted him almost the same in 2013 alone than what we are paying him for both seasons here in Cincinnati.

It was a seriously Bengal friendly deal for sure. That and it makes it easy to get rid of him after this season as well.

Win win for the good guys in my book.

I would almost HOPE that he doesn't amount to anything.

Due to the fact we draft a young OLB early and we can't keep him off the field.

Harrison is shown the door after 2013 and we are set at the position for the next handful of seasons.

Hope he does well if that's not the case however.

I would almost HOPE that he doesn't amount to anything.

Due to the fact we draft a young OLB early and we can't keep him off the field.

Harrison is shown the door after 2013 and we are set at the position for the next handful of seasons.

Hope he does well if that's not the case however.

On bengals.com today, Hobson speculated that Harrison is looking at about 40% of the snaps, which would be more than Lawson who was only on the field about 1/3 of the time. That was news to me...

That leaves room for the new guy to make an impression.

I know many won't agree, but i'm still curious about Maybin.

Brandon Joiner is also an unknown.

I'm not expecting Burfict type of play out of them, but i'm intrigued.

Agree about Maybin. Let Zimmer work some magic and extract his potential.

As for Harrison, I think he will do well but not in same manner as he was in Pitt. He is underrated when dropping in coverage. I think his biggest contribution will be to negate opponent TE's.

Still no sign of the Flesh Zeppelin here at the 11th and a half hour

I guess it is time to move on

At this point, I dont even want him for a 1 year deal anymore. Give Collins and the rook they'll select (hopefully the one from NC) those practice reps, and give the dollars saved to Dunlap and Atkins