Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

comparrison:-

Johnson : TOTAL 96 comp 177 att (54.2%) 1042 yds (5.9yd ave) 5 TDs 10 int 57.7 rating 9 fumbles

Russell : TOTAL 354 comp 680 att (52.1%) 4083 yds (6.0yd ave) 18TDs 23 int 65.2 rating 25 fumbles

Johnson : TOTAL 96 comp 177 att (54.2%) 1042 yds (5.9yd ave) 5 TDs 10 int 57.7 rating 9 fumbles

Russell : TOTAL 354 comp 680 att (52.1%) 4083 yds (6.0yd ave) 18TDs 23 int 65.2 rating 25 fumbles

There also needs to be a comparison done in regards to how much of a headcase each one is.

Advantage Johnson by a LARGE margin. I'll take Johnson.

This team doesn't need issues.

It's actually striking, at least to me, how little daylight there is between the two. Russell wouldn't be much, if any, of an upgrade based on his past performance. Now, if he has actually gotten his sht together, that might not be the case. But I see no pressing need to go knocking on his door.

Knocking on Russell's door, as you put it Hoosier, is something I could see previous Bengal teams doing.

When I view our current roster and don't see the issues of the past, I rather enjoy myself.

I have no desire to bring in someone like Russell. The media attention alone isn't worth it.

It's actually striking, at least to me, how little daylight there is between the two.

That's exactly what I thought, nothing really between the two players ...... the only difference being Russells experience is higher, but weigh that up against possible negatives and is it such an attractive proposition???

There also needs to be a comparison done in regards to how much of a headcase each one is.

Advantage Johnson by a LARGE margin. I'll take Johnson.

This team doesn't need issues.

Here is what Josh Johnson can do, that Jamarcus cannot:

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJrBRQrOh2I

I think the guy is a sleeper....

FWIW I see that the team let their official board mod Denny into OTAs again this year. He picked up a few tidbits, nothing really new, but does say they aren't happy with the backup QB situation and could make a move...

/>http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=113067

FWIW I see that the team let their official board mod Denny into OTAs again this year. He picked up a few tidbits, nothing really new, but does say they aren't happy with the backup QB situation and could make a move...

/>http://boards.bengals.com/showthread.php?t=113067

With Andre not being there, maybe they are considering bringing Jamarcus in as a RT? :lol:

So, if not happy with QBs, why did they not take one in the draft....Zac Dysert was there in r7, some thought he might go as high as r3....

There will be some vet arms out there. Better have a look at some.

• 3 weeks later...