Bengals Moves

ArmyBengal

i think boom gio and rex are the most talented rb's on the team. ced and scott should be the backs that get the pink slips. to me as a coach you keep the best players. scott can't stay healthy and ced is nothing more than a s/t player. just don't see no reason to keep lesser backs. bjge is not going any where because he is a helluva leader. i will say boom and rex will not clear waivers and will be picked up real fast. ced and scott not so much.

i think boom gio and rex are the most talented rb's on the team. ced and scott should be the backs that get the pink slips. to me as a coach you keep the best players. scott can't stay healthy and ced is nothing more than a s/t player. just don't see no reason to keep lesser backs. bjge is not going any where because he is a helluva leader. i will say boom and rex will not clear waivers and will be picked up real fast. ced and scott not so much.

They don't have to decide on Scott until well into Oct. That's good insurance against injury for a position that's very prone to it. Hang onto him for now

Just my opinion, but people thinking Boom is a better player with more upside than Cedric Peerman are kidding themselves. Don't get me wrong, I like Herron but he's not the caliber player that Peerman is, on ST or in the backfield.

When Scott is healthy, he's better overall than Herron, too. Scott's had some bad luck but he's a very dangerous ball carrier, catches well and can play returner.

As stated elsewhere, it's a great issue to have. That we can agree on!

Sands was waived today

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/12/bengals-waive-robert-sands/related/

I figured he was the most likely of the safeties to depart, so no surprise there

surprised it wasn't sooner with his arrest.

well, its good to see you are catching up with everything I wrote back in mid-June :-)

Just my opinion, but people thinking Boom is a better player with more upside than Cedric Peerman are kidding themselves. Don't get me wrong, I like Herron but he's not the caliber player that Peerman is, on ST or in the backfield.

When Scott is healthy, he's better overall than Herron, too. Scott's had some bad luck but he's a very dangerous ball carrier, catches well and can play returner.

As stated elsewhere, it's a great issue to have. That we can agree on!

peerman would not be in the nfl if not for the bengals. boom is a way better back. to me not even close. we will see, if they are cut bet boom gets picked up before ced. don't know what u have against boom, the kid can play.

Tight end Richard Quinn, DT Vaughn Meatoga, WR Jheranie Boyd, CB Terrence Brown, LB Jordan Campbell, K/P Quinn Sharp just cut today.

Sad to see Sharp go. Hope we don't regret that. After seeing what I say from the backups yesterday, I'll be glad to see a lot more go. They were horrible

FWIW here's Reedy's latest stab at the final 53:

OFFENSE

Quarterback (2): 14 Andy Dalton, 8 Josh Johnson

Running backs (5): 42 BenJarvus Green-Ellis, 25 Giovani Bernard, 30 Cedric Peerman, 33 Rex Burkhead, 32 John Conner

Tight ends (3): 84 Jermaine Gresham, 85 Tyler Eifert, 81 Alex Smith

Wide receivers (6): 18 A.J. Green, 82 Marvin Jones, 12 Mohamed Sanu, 11 Dane Sanzenbacher, *16 Andrew Hawkins, 19 Brandon Tate,

Offensive line (9): 77 Andrew Whitworth (T), 65 Clint Boling (G), 64 Kyle Cook ©, 68 Kevin Zeitler (G), 71 Andre Smith (T), 73 Anthony Collins (T), 66 Trevor Robinson (C/G), 67 Mike Pollak (G), 72 Tanner Hawkinson (T/G)

DEFENSE

Defensive line (9): 94 Domata Peko (DT), 97 Geno Atkins (DT), 96 Carlos Dunlap (DE), 93 Michael Johnson (DE), 95 Wallace Gilberry (DE), 91 Robert Geathers (DE), 75 Devon Still (DT), 98 Brandon Thompson (DT), 99 Margus Hunt (DE)

Linebackers (6): 92 James Harrison, 58 Rey Maualuga, 55 Vontaze Burfict, 59 Emmanuel Lamur, 57 Vincent Rey, 54 Jayson DiManche

Defensive backs (10): 29 Leon Hall (CB), 23 Terence Newman (CB), 24 Adam Jones (CB), 27 Dre Kirkpatrick (CB), 21 Brandon Ghee (CB), 37 Chris Lewis-Harris (CB), 20 Reggie Nelson (S), 43 George Iloka (S), 40 Shawn Williams (S), 45 Jeromy Miles (S)

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)

2 Mike Nugent (K), 10 Kevin Huber (P), 46 Clark Harris (LS)

XXXXXXX

Last four in: DiManche, Conner, Lewis-Harris, Burkhead

First four out: Taylor Mays, Orson Charles, Ryan Whalen, Daniel Herron

Possible practice squad: Dan Herron, J.K. Schaffer, T.J. Johnson, Reid Fragel, Dontay Moch, Cobi Hamilton, QB to be determined, Shaun Prater

* Hawkins can not be placed on injured reserve/designated to return until after 4 p.m. on Sept. 3.

IR -- 56 Sean Porter

PUP – 5 Zac Robinson, 28 Bernard Scott, 36 Chris Pressley

I know it's an annual soap box for me but why oh why does the NFL with all its $$ limit rosters to 53? That's not nearly enough to make it through a 16 game season. They need at least 60. They have no minor leagues to pull guys from. Unless we're extremely fortunate, we'll be scrambling to find guys off the street at some position this year

I know it's an annual soap box for me but why oh why does the NFL with all its $$ limit rosters to 53? That's not nearly enough to make it through a 16 game season. They need at least 60. They have no minor leagues to pull guys from. Unless we're extremely fortunate, we'll be scrambling to find guys off the street at some position this year

From the owners' point of view, that's a feature not a bug. There is a ready pool of unemployed players, many of whom have experience and will be working out on their own in case the phone rings, that they don't have to pay to maintain. Even if all the 7 extra players were rookies, at rookie minimums that bumps each team's payroll up $2.8 million, or nearly $90 million more from the owners to the players league wide. Mikey isn't the only money grabber out there...

I like Reedy's 53. Looks pretty solid.

As for Connor vs. Charles, I wonder how much of a game changer Charles will be vs. Connor. If they are committed to running the ball then I think the pick is Connor. I just don't know how much Charles will do as this extra threat. Keeping him around as a secret weapon or extra threat doesn't seem wise. Dan Coats was going to re-institute the H-back position and that never happened. Andy will not have all day to check down three or four deep so I don't see Charles getting many receptions.

I worry that when they need a yard to close out a game, that Charles is too light and too new to be effective when compared to Connor at FB. Alex Smith can handle the blocking needs if he's in at Tight End.

If the need is a true fullback, Connor is the pick easily. He simply destroys guys.

If they want to outthink themselves, Charles will make it in that H-back role.

I just don't care for that line of thought much.

In regards to the TE's, I think maybe Charles beats out Alex Smith for that 3rd TE spot.

I don't want to see Charles end up in either Baltimore or Pittsburgh and see that as a very real possibility should he get cut.

I don't get the Alex Smith love they seem to have. If they're worried about experience they have Gresham and Charles isn't exactly a noob.

If things shake out like Reedy thinks I could see Charles coming back after they IR/recall Hawk, but that assumes he doesn't get claimed, and I think he will.