Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/15/latest-draft-rumor-redskins-trying-like-crazy-to-move-up/

The #10 and #41 picks for the #4 pick? Yes please.

Julio Jones should still be there at #10... then you'll have the 3rd and 9th picks in the 2nd round. No brainer.

Get on the phone MB!

I don't think MB even takes Dan Snyder seriously. Didn't he offer a 1st and a 3rd for Chad? No bites.

Terrell Pryor?? Supplemental pick by the Bengals?
/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110411/SPT01/304110078/Report-OSU-s-Pryor-considering-NFL?odyssey=mod|newswell|text|FRONTPAGE|s

Please no. He's been underwhelming for the Buckeyes. Cam Newton turned out to be what Pryor was supposed to be. I think he's barely smart enough to play qb in the big ten, he'll never have a chance in the NFL, not enough football smarts.

I'm really looking forward to see who may be available to us at the top of the second.

It happens every draft where a player falls that shouldn't have. I'm left to wonder how the team would respond if a player fell that they coveted but thought there would be no way he fell all the way to the 2nd ?? Here's an example...

Let's say, that DaQuan Bowers, who many are now saying teams won't consider in the first round, makes it to our pick in the 2nd. Do you think they would pull the trigger on a player like that ?? I think it would depend on what they do with the #4 and what players are still there they feel may fall to the 3rd. What about a player like Jimmy Smith, that many teams like, but have issues with his character concerns ?? I'm not simply saying the Bengals are always the team to take that chance, but there comes a time where what you could get in return is worth the risk. Heck, even Ingram is in the running (pardon the pun) to fall pretty far.

I would have to say that Ingram and Bowers should be dropped from the boards all together. When you have the knee problems they have you can't afford to select these guys. They don't even warrant a 7th round pick in my mind. But with the rush on QB's in round 1 I think we will see many good players drop to the second or even third round.

I wouldn't disagree with you totally in that thought and don't advocate their selection in the 2nd, only wondering what the team might be thinking.

They are probably thinking opposite to what we are. They will find a way to screw it up. We must consider trading up back in the first round if we want a QB.

Yeah, if they panic and trade back up into the 1st round to grab a QB, I think it woould be a HUGE mistake.

In years past, most of these QB's would be available in the 3rd, but with the CBA and no FA yet, teams are panicing.

I say just wait it out and if that means the whole d*mn draft, then so be it.

I think things are slow on the board due to the lack of anything being able to get done.

We would usually be talking about the FA's we did or didn't get and how that would affect the draft.

It's just kind of slow...

And what the Hell is up with everyone? Why is suddenly traffic slowed down. People this is the draft why is there only two or three posts a day?

Sorry dude. About a week ago I got an erection and it simply won't subside. My wife claims she's too sore for any more action, and the cat won't come back in the house either.

:P

Seriously Whur I think we've basically beat every football topic to death, and it's just not Bengalszone. Over at JetNation their most popular topic is one a spammer started about sex cams. At the Ravens forum it's the Orioles. At the Browns forum the conservatives and liberals are furiously battling it out over Obama's latest gaffe, and our fellow Bengals site CincyBengals is gone from the internet.

Be happy for what you have my friend. And FWIW the Reds forum is going pretty strong here.

The other thing is I /we have resisted doing another "Bengalszone" mock draft.

I actually enjoy doing those, but it takes so long for some people to make their picks, it's not worth the trouble anymore.

Something that should only take a few days at best turns into 2 weeks worth of drudgery and then when picks are made, there is no basis for why the pick was made. Last year just took the wind out of my sail with that.

The other thing is I /we have resisted doing another "Bengalszone" mock draft.

I actually enjoy doing those, but it takes so long for some people to make their picks, it's not worth the trouble anymore.

Something that should only take a few days at best turns into 2 weeks worth of drudgery and then when picks are made, there is no basis for why the pick was made. Last year just took the wind out of my sail with that.

That was fun at one time. I don't know how it would fare this year seeing how things are all screwed up with the lockout and all.

And what the Hell is up with everyone? Why is suddenly traffic slowed down. People this is the draft why is there only two or three posts a day? We need more discussion going on right now this is a Big time right now! It was never like this in years past.

A crap season from the locals.....no trades allowed...the Carson saga....the lockout....the same four of five guys recycling through the top 5 picks....

Anything else?

For those interested in where we could potentially go for a safety:

Bengals | Rahim Moore visits

Fri, 15 Apr 2011 07:32:06 -0700

UCLA S Rahim Moore visited the Cincinnati Bengals, reports Aaron Wilson, of NationalFootballPost.com.

Comment (0) | Share: | Source: NationalFootballPost.com - Aaron Wilson

Obviously visits don't mean much, but this could point to them potentially looking at a safety at the top of round 2 or 3.

He would but I like Ahmad Black the most but wouldn't be upset with Williams.

My thoughts as well. I've been bitching about getting a safety for probably five years now.

I've been on the safety bandwagon for some time and had Carson not gone full bitch mode, the top of the 2nd would be the spot.

That being said, we are looking at a situation where we almost HAVE to wait to grab a safety and yes, Deunta Williams is my mid to late round target as well. He's solid enough to play the strong safety position (our greater need of the two) and has the speed to play nickel corner as well. I mocked him to us at the top of the 4th and don't think he will go much later. He has first round talent that was expected to go in the 2nd due to his lack of play last season. Then the injury is said to be pushing him down. He will be ready come the start of the season and could be a steal at a great position of need.

And what the Hell is up with everyone? Why is suddenly traffic slowed down. People this is the draft why is there only two or three posts a day? We need more discussion going on right now this is a Big time right now! It was never like this in years past.

A crap season from the locals.....no trades allowed...the Carson saga....the lockout....the same four of five guys recycling through the top 5 picks....

Anything else?

This.

Seriously, what more can be said that hasn't already been said? With no FA to kick around, no trades possible, etc., there isn't anything much to say.

1. Rising prospects: Colorado corner Jimmy Smith, Baylor guard Danny Watkins and TCU quarterback Andy Dalton. The Bengals will have had five contacts (interviews, workouts, meal) with Dalton before the draft.

2. One quarterback coach I know told me: "It's getting very hard for [Cincinnati offensive coordinator] Jay Gruden to hide how much he loves Andy Dalton.''

/>http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/peter_king/04/17/mmqb/index.html#ixzz1JujGvHob

Jimmy Smith is one guy I could see falling into the top of the 2nd due to character concerns and I would love to see him be the pick if he does in fact fall. Dalton ?? Sure, take the 3rd round talented QB in the top of the 3rd. Him not making it to the 3rd round doesn't make him a first round QB. It makes him the beneficiary of the lockout and no free agency. If the Bengals draft him sooner means they have overlooked a better talented player in the 2nd round and that is poor drafting any way around.

If there was free agency and teams (Bengals) were capable of trading their players (Palmer) that weren't free agents, does anyone think players like Ponder, Dalton and Kaepernick would be mentioned as potential first rounders ?? Seriously, while I like some of those guys and think they could be a starter at some point, they are taking advantage of teams being hamstrung.