Week 8: Bengals @ Browns (MNF)

HoosierCat

I really don't have that much to say about this game tonight.

I'm not all caught up in who is playing or who isn't.
The Bengals are the better of the two teams and should walk away from Cleveland with the "W".
Anything less than that should be viewed as a pretty significant failure.

Go Bengals...

I know I was out of the office and away for the past week, but how did I miss that Chase's "hip injury" was a torn labrum ??

Talk about hit or miss.  Either way around he's going to need surgery at some point.  It's no different than a torn labrum in the shoulder.  Surgery is the only way back to 100%. The hairline fracture is obviously problematic, but that will heal on it's own.  I know pain varies from person to person, but that's going to dictate what happens from here.  They should really just place him on IR now and let it all calm down.  After 4 games, if the pain is tolerable, get him back in the lineup and see what you've got.  However, that might last all of one hit or he may be able to go the rest of the season. 

After just having the labrum in my shoulder repaired, color me skeptical.

So looking at the site, inactives will include:

Chase

Tupou

Apple (hammy, third degree burns from last week)

Stanley Morgan (hammy)

Hobs expects Irwin to get the call up from the taxi squad.

Njoku, Denzel Ward, G Wyatt Teller all declared out by Cleveburg.

awesome, no more Blimp

unfortunately though, even though he'll be the only NT we have dressed, I bet he gets less than 6 snaps total unless we either have tons of injuries at DT or are 3+ scores up at the start of the 4th quarter

Anarumo is waaaaaaay overutilizing starters on the DLine this year, wearing them out

24 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

star LB Roquan Smith traded by the Bears to the Ravens for a 2, a 5, and backup LB AJ Klein

Ravens decided to get better for the playoff push, why not us?

Because they just don’t do it, I question this a lot. The bengals have a team that could push in the playoffs why not try and get better now.  

4 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I know I was out of the office and away for the past week, but how did I miss that Chase's "hip injury" was a torn labrum ??

Talk about hit or miss.  Either way around he's going to need surgery at some point.  It's no different than a torn labrum in the shoulder.  Surgery is the only way back to 100%. The hairline fracture is obviously problematic, but that will heal on it's own.  I know pain varies from person to person, but that's going to dictate what happens from here.  They should really just place him on IR now and let it all calm down.  After 4 games, if the pain is tolerable, get him back in the lineup and see what you've got.  However, that might last all of one hit or he may be able to go the rest of the season. 

After just having the labrum in my shoulder repaired, color me skeptical.

So I’m guessing the bengals medical staff told them not to IR him, since the coaches wouldn’t know the medical part? If Chase will be out for awhile they really should look for one more speed guy for the outside. Hopefully somehow Chase gets back sooner rather then later. 

That’s just it, there’s no sooner rather than later. The labrum won’t heal on its own. He HAS to have surgery. The when to the surgery question is determined on how much pain he is experiencing.

Knowing the hairline fracture is going to take a few weeks, I would lean to sending him to IR and getting him as good as you can.

Do it before the game starts tonight to have this game count in the 4 games and allows them to make the determination at that point. Stupid to wait knowing what they know.