Week 8: Bengals @ Browns (MNF)

HoosierCat

Ok first things first.
Fuck you Tom Brady, you douchebag !!

Next Chase…

Huge blow, no doubt and it’s going to suck not having him. However, Tee is a #1 on more teams than not and cannot be overlooked. They have enough weapons to get them through and we have the added benefit of the bye week during that span.

For as much as I love Burrow, this is also an opportunity for him. Is he one of those guys who gets the next man up and makes him a better player or not.

I like Mike Thomas and am personally hoping that Stanley Morgan might get some opportunities.

• Thanks 1

I hope they'll continue to put points and yards up.    Next man up in this situation is every group on the offense adding more because 1 singular player will not replace Chase.    I look at Mixon, Evans, and Perine to be guys that can provide more plays to churn out first downs.

Heck,  it may let teams think they can play less Tampa 2 and boom they all of sudden find themselves with some more opportunities down field.    Who knows?  At the end of the day; Joe Burrow is a franchise QB that has been excellent pre snap so I think/hope he'll be a big factor in finding a way to lessen the blow.

Kinda glad they went ahead with the IR just for the sake of timing. That sets him up to return for the Chiefs game, when he is critical. If they waited and ended up doing it next week that game would look rather dire.

Browns, Panthers, Steelers, Titans

Three clearly inferior teams and a good team with significant offensive shortcomings. Handle business.

• Like 1

Watched that game last night and Brady was not accurate.  He missed a number of throws.  Also - what is with that dude’s face.  He’s morphing into Blue Steel.  I think surgery or some sort of fat removal procedure.  Dude is sporting the sunken cheekbones of a Dickens novel street urchin.  

I’m very much looking forward to seeing what the Bengals can put together without Chase.  If they just keep everything the same and shuffle guys around I’ll be disappointed.  They need to adjust the scheme, looking for Hurst and Evans to thrive.

So when being placed on IR, does he miss 4 weeks or does it have to be 4 games ?? I know they said 4-6 weeks but also heard they are hoping he comes back sooner rather than later.

With the Bye week after the Panthers game, 4 weeks means he’s back for the Titans. 4 games is obviously the Chiefs.

Just curious…

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

So when being placed on IR, does he miss 4 weeks or does it have to be 4 games ?? I know they said 4-6 weeks but also heard they are hoping he comes back sooner rather than later.

With the Bye week after the Panthers game, 4 weeks means he’s back for the Titans. 4 games is obviously the Chiefs.

Just curious…

What I heard on the radio was IR is based on games not weeks.    So IF they use IR its 4 games min even with a by week.