Week 8: Bengals @ Browns (MNF)

HoosierCat

Have to have this one. Can’t afford any more division losses. Fortunately it sounds like frustration may be boiling over in the locker room on the lake.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2022/10/browns-players-screamed-and-yelled-in-locker-room-after-23-20-loss-to-ravens-and-had-to-be-calmed-down.html

We will hear alot about Burrow not beating the Browns.   In 2 of the 3 games he's played fantastic against them, the 3rd was not so great.     Baker seemed like he would have his best games vs. Bengals.       It will be a tough match up on the road.    The Browns have a typical Browns record, but they lost some very winnable games. 

Bengals vs. Browns on Monday.   It seems like the Battle of Ohio hasn't made an appearance on MNF in a long time.     Maybe since the days of Boomer vs. Kosar.

Highlight show talking heads and NFL cognoscenti are on our jocks with force.  I guess Burrow putting on a downfield throwing display that belongs in the Smithsonian had an effect.  The danger - our less experienced guys read their clippings.  We’ve all seen it.  Get told how great you are then promptly fall on face.  Need serious leadership now.

• Like 1

Not Browns related, but important nonetheless - the kid in the Arby’s drive thru tonight dissed me so hard I could barely manage to pay my fifteen bucks then eat my sodium infused cow.  

So if you’re on here, kid from the Arby’s on state route 79 in Heath, not everyone knows you guys discontinued the Loaded Italian Sub (2370 mg of sodium) like two years ago.  

In fact disappointing news like this should probably be broken gently to your understandably disheartened customers in a respectful manner. 

Your method, guffawing through “dude, we haven’t had that for like two years!” seemed overly condescending.  

And you and the snide 15 year old girl who laughingly handed me my order (roast turkey and Swiss turkey sandwich, Arby’s double roast beef sandwich, medium Sprite) probably think you bested a bumbling out of touch old man.  

But I guess you didn’t expect your bad customer service to be brutally outed on a football message board that is regularly read by up to 7 regular users.  Checkmate motherfucker.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, COB said:

Not Browns related, but important nonetheless - the kid in the Arby’s drive thru tonight dissed me so hard I could barely manage to pay my fifteen bucks then eat my sodium infused cow.  

So if you’re on here, kid from the Arby’s on state route 79 in Heath, not everyone knows you guys discontinued the Loaded Italian Sub (2370 mg of sodium) like two years ago.  

In fact disappointing news like this should probably be broken gently to your understandably disheartened customers in a respectful manner. 

Your method, guffawing through “dude, we haven’t had that for like two years!” seemed overly condescending.  

And you and the snide 15 year old girl who laughingly handed me my order (roast turkey and Swiss turkey sandwich, Arby’s double roast beef sandwich, medium Sprite) probably think you bested a bumbling out of touch old man.  

But I guess you didn’t expect your bad customer service to be brutally outed on a football message board that is regularly read by up to 7 regular users.  Checkmate motherfucker.

How about you keep your mental inventory of the Arby’s menu updated, COB? How about you come prepared to recite that order in a seamless stream of human voice, straight into that speaker, with the assertiveness and confidence of a modern Bengals quarterback, knowing beyond all doubt that it is a valid order and that you will eat it? Get your head in the ***damn game.

• Haha 2

TJ, I must thank you.  I was vaguely aware of yelp.  I loaded the app in my phone then read the reviews of the Heath Arby’s.  Riveting.  I’ll summarize so we don’t all pile into the heath arbys yelp reviews.

1.  Gabriel says it sucks, his sister works there and they don’t clean the grease baskets for days on end.  It was alarming to read that they have something called “grease baskets” but I should have been prepared for this.

2.  Joseph M. Is just a regular working guy.  Tuckered out after a full day, he orders a number 10 combo.  Gets home and is horrified to discover they forgot the fries and one of his Hawaiian Sliders was “plastered to the holder with all the cheese.”  He called Arby’s 3 times and let it ring and ring.  Guess what, the guys at the Heath Arby’s apparently weren’t born yesterday, they don’t answer the phone.   Michael won’t be returning to the Heath Arby’s, and gives it one star.

3. William P. doesn’t have an actual experience at the Heath Arbys to review, he just jumped onto Yelp to say “fuck you Arbys.”

4.  Amanda T.’s novella length review tells a heartbreaking story about a visit she and her mother made to the Heath Arby’s.  Joey took their order but was rude.   Then he used an insulting misspelling of Amanda’s name on the receipt!  Elizabeth the assistant manager engaged in a spirited debate with Amanda regarding the various possible spellings of her name.  Arby’s corporate office will be hearing from Amanda.  Elizabeth’s reaction to this credible threat to her employment at Arby’s?  Well, “she just stood there.”

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Stripes said:

How about you keep your mental inventory of the Arby’s menu updated, COB? How about you come prepared to recite that order in a seamless stream of human voice, straight into that speaker, with the assertiveness and confidence of a modern Bengals quarterback, knowing beyond all doubt that it is a valid order and that you will eat it? Get your head in the ***damn game.

Did you know that Chad used to be so dedicated to eating Arby’s that he actually didn’t even go home, he just slept at Arby’s.  It’s true.