Week 8: Bengals @ Browns (MNF)

HoosierCat

Just sucks just when the offense started to get hot and actually put good games together. 

Guess will see how Burrow does without his number 1 guy. I have no doubt the other 2 guys will be fine, but they really need somebody else to step up on the outside.

Also if they were smart and serious about a Super Bowl run they would really look at this trading deadline. They may still have another number 1 and 2 but really nobody after that. 

Hurst is going to get more looks.  Obviously Boyd and Higgins will get increased throws.  

This sucks but if Boyd and Higgins are who they are, it won’t be a giant setback.  I don’t even know which of our depth guys is going to be inserted into the lineup, but whoever it is they’re going to get some chances.  

Defenses will be heavily focused on our 1 and 2, the 3rd guy, whoever it is, is going to get some safety and hopefully linebacker coverage.  

All hands on deck that’s for sure.  JaMarr needs to rest that hip for hopefully a playoff run. 

Mike Thomas is fine, but not really sure he proved himself enough in this offense, or really had the chance to. Not sure though if has the speed to really help guess we will see. There short game is going to have to be strong, they need to get better with the run game, and I would love to see Chris Evens a lot more in the screen game and out wide some. I’m just hoping this injury does not hurt them as bad as it seems.  Hopefully the morale of the team stays strong, and continue to get better each week like they have been. Still would like to see them push to get somebody else, but will see what happens.

It sounds like he wasn’t in much pain. Hence why he had a huge day against the Falcons. That’s good news that he’s not in much pain. The bad news is he’s out for several weeks. But you’ve got to play it safe with him and trust the team can still win through November. Unless I missed something there’s no need to think he’s out for the remainder of the season.

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

Word is they are hoping Chase can heal faster than expected. I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept him active but didn’t play him or played him only sparingly. We’ll see.

Yeah if they IR him it’s at least 4 games. With the bye week looming whether or not they use IR will be telling about the severity.