Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

If you slide Peterson to safety like many are saying, could you get by with someone else at CB besides JJoe? Like Trent or someone else?

"Someone else?" :)

Oh, you must mean the new and improved Adam Jones. Forgot about him. I am concerned about the neck issue but with a year under his belt and a little luck with his health, he could be the solution.

Make it rain, Hoos', make it rain!

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would make no sense to let Joseph walk then burn 4# on a Cornerback to replace him,Even with rookie payscale it's still going to cost alot of money.So you may as well just resign Joseph...Hope he's willing to play Safety because if he really weighs 215-220 lbs you just don't see many cornerbacks that big that are elite.

Agree with you there Kaz in the fact that the only real reason I want to see Peterson drafted is if JJoe COMES back and they move Peterson to safety. I just think it would be ignoring other holes that are certainly greater on this team. Anyway around, regardless of what I actually want, I think AJ Green is going to be the pick if he is there. You may as well make the jerseys.

Agree with you there Kaz in the fact that the only real reason I want to see Peterson drafted is if JJoe COMES back and they move Peterson to safety. I just think it would be ignoring other holes that are certainly greater on this team. Anyway around, regardless of what I actually want, I think AJ Green is going to be the pick if he is there. You may as well make the jerseys.

Quick, name the last beast/monster/freakishly gifted WR that has won a Super Bowl? Larry Fitzgerald? Andre Johnson? Michael Crabtree? Calvin Johnson? Dez Bryant? Nope.

This team can win with defense and a good running game. I am more concerned about who the next QB will be rather than burning a top 5 pick on trying to finding Chad's replacement.

Again brother, I'm only saying what I think the organization is going to do, not what I want them to do.

If you were to give me my pick, I'd say putting Bowers opposite Dunlap would be sick.

If we see improved play from Atkins in his second season and bump up the safety position, I'd be MORE than happy.

My thought is, THE ORGANIZATION has pretty much made up their mind that Green will be the pick if he's there.

I'm not overly upset in that thought, but it's not what I want the most.

Quick, name the last beast/monster/freakishly gifted WR that has won a Super Bowl? Larry Fitzgerald? Andre Johnson? Michael Crabtree? Calvin Johnson? Dez Bryant? Nope.

This team can win with defense and a good running game. I am more concerned about who the next QB will be rather than burning a top 5 pick on trying to finding Chad's replacement.

The new oc holds a press conference and says we're deemphasizing the pass, we're going to pound the ball.

Mike runs out and spends a first round pick on a wide receiver.

Sounds pretty 'effin Bengal to me.

Yet Recently...They've all had Highly drafted or highly talented QB's :>

The new oc holds a press conference and says we're deemphasizing the pass, we're going to pound the ball.

I'd imagine the thought would be He would help open up the running game even though not going pass as often.

True.

Then again, there isn't a single change the Bengals could make that would transform the franchise quicker or more completely than drafting AJ Green at #4, thereby allowing the team to part with Chad Ochocircus by way of trade or outright release. And there's the rub because some sources claim Chad's freelancing is the primary source of Carson Palmer's frustration. If true, nothing could make Palmer happier, and quicker to return, than dumping Ocho while adding an elite rookie prospect. Furthermore, it would do wonders for my own mood.

Plus, scouts claim Green is not only a near perfect receiver BUT a perfect fit in a west coast scheme where precise route running and YAC are most important. With the Bengals changing schemes, and perhaps their quarterback as well, the Bengals could jump start their rebuilding process by having all of their most important passing game pieces assembled and playing together from the very start of their WCO experiment. Furthermore, the Bengals need to rebuild with young WR's who are under contract beyond this season. Chad, Caldwell, and Simpson are all in the final year of their deals. Drafting Green eliminates the Bengals from being caught in a position where they're rebuilding their passing game AGAIN next year.

So put me in the camp that thinks drafting AJ Green is f**king brilliant, and a far smarter play than overdrafting a quarterback just because you may or may not need one. Or for that matter drafting a CB prospect at 4th overall who may need to be moved to safety. Or for that matter a physically gifted LB who can only do one thing really well, rush the passer. Granted, I want that pretty badly, but in the end I need more from the 4th overall slot than a player who can give me 15-20 pass rushes a game.

Quite honestly, I don't think the selection of AJ Green needs to be supported, defended, or propped up as much as any of the more popular rantings about using the 4th overall pick on Von Miller, Cam Newton, or even Nick Fairley. Because Green is a far better and more polished player than any of those prospects and his player ranking more closely matches the Bengals draft position. You might even go so far as to say he's a near perfect fit where others are square pegs in search of round holes.

FWIW I've currently got 'em ranked...Green, Bowers, Peterson, Quinn, Fairley.

True.

Then again, there isn't a single change the Bengals could make that would transform the franchise quicker or more completely than drafting AJ Green at #4, thereby allowing the team to part with Chad Ochocircus by way of trade or outright release. And there's the rub because some sources claim Chad's freelancing is the primary source of Carson Palmer's frustration. If true, nothing could make Palmer happier, and quicker to return, than dumping Ocho while adding an elite rookie prospect. Furthermore, it would do wonders for my own mood.

Plus, scouts claim Green is not only a near perfect receiver BUT a perfect fit in a west coast scheme where precise route running and YAC are most important. With the Bengals changing schemes, and perhaps their quarterback as well, the Bengals could jump start their rebuilding process by having all of their most important passing game pieces assembled and playing together from the very start of their WCO experiment. Furthermore, the Bengals need to rebuild with young WR's who are under contract beyond this season. Chad, Caldwell, and Simpson are all in the final year of their deals. Drafting Green eliminates the Bengals from being caught in a position where they're rebuilding their passing game AGAIN next year.

So put me in the camp that thinks drafting AJ Green is f**king brilliant, and a far smarter play than overdrafting a quarterback just because you may or may not need one. Or for that matter drafting a CB prospect at 4th overall who may need to be moved to safety. Or for that matter a physically gifted LB who can only do one thing really well, rush the passer. Granted, I want that pretty badly, but in the end I need more from the 4th overall slot than a player who can give me 15-20 pass rushes a game.

Quite honestly, I don't think the selection of AJ Green needs to be supported, defended, or propped up as much as any of the more popular rantings about using the 4th overall pick on Von Miller, Cam Newton, or even Nick Fairley. Because Green is a far better and more polished player than any of those prospects and his player ranking more closely matches the Bengals draft position. You might even go so far as to say he's a near perfect fit where others are square pegs in search of round holes.

FWIW I've currently got 'em ranked...Green, Bowers, Peterson, Quinn, Fairley.

While I agree whole heartedly on Green, my opinion on some of the others is slightly different. In a vaccuum, ignoring needs and the like, I think Peterson might be my favorite overall prospect. I think that if he's available, Green is a slam-dunk, no brainer pick, for reasons you have already clearly stated.

My ranking of them currently sits at... Green, Peterson, Quinn, Bowers, Fairley.

As stated earlier, I don't really have issue with Green. In fact, the ONLY way I don't want him is if Bowers is gone and Peterson won't move to safety.

I figure Bowers will be gone before #4 and I'm not sure improving the safety position can't get improvement with a 2nd round pick.

If they draft Peterson to replace JJoe, I feel it's a wasted pick. Just pay JJoe.

If Bowers is there than they must GO AFTER a WR in the second AND get him. Baldwin, Hankerson.

I just don't see them doing that and Green will be the pick.

Again, not real bothered by it and seeing Chad gone makes me real happy !!!

Green isn't my first choice but I wouldn't have any big problem with the pick. However, I'm not sure he makes it to the 4-spot. Bowers (one-year wonder) and Quinn (injury) both have question marks and I'm just not seeing teams in the top five reaching for projects like Newton or Gabbert. So I think there's a good chance that Fairly, Peterson and Green go in some combination of 1-2-3. But we'll see.

Second, regarding Chad, whether we get go Green or not, don't forget that Chad's already been paid for '11. Mikey picked up his option and Mikey doesn't pay for guys to play in other unis.

If they draft Peterson to replace JJoe, I feel it's a wasted pick. Just pay JJoe.

Yup,It's like even if Peterson ends up 3rd best corner in the NFL your still letting a great player walk away.Where you could have signed your own player then drafted a elite player to further improve your team vs slight improvement at one position...

What makes me wonder though is the Club Did show interest in Signing Joseph so 1.) They had hope they could keep him and Hall long term or 2.)They are willing to let Hall walk if they can get Joseph next year.

I just wish they would just find a way to keep both Joseph & Hall ya it's alot of money but Jets seem to be willing invest that type money in to it.They have Revis 2nd highest paid CB? They want to get Nnamdi Asomugha who would be the highest paid and drafted a 1st round CB last year.So resigning 2 CB's ranked 5th-12th shouldn't be as hard :P

I found the Ravens counter point amusing. That being said the Bengals WILL be going into the next season without Palmer. I find no QB on the current roster as worthy of the job as the teams offensive general. This must be addressed in either free agency or the draft for I feel it is the most pressing issue for the team.

If Adam Jones is healthy (big if) I wouldn't mind seeing him start. He played well last year and showed he was more than capable.

If Peterson considers the move to safety, I would be all over it. Taking him at 4 to play CB ?? No, I'm not interested.

Many other needs and CB can be addressed later when considering we still have Hall as well.

PacMan was sentenced to probation and community service as the resolution to his incident in Vegas a few years back.

/>http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/02/24/jones-sentenced-to-probation-from-2007-vegas-incident/

Bengals cornerback Adam Jones has been sentenced to probation and 200 hours of community service under a plea deal for his role in the much publicized strip club melee in Las Vegas during NBA All-Star Weekend four years ago that left one employee partially paralyzed and two others wounded.

Attending the meeting for the Bengals was Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown and Katie Brown Blackburn

I'm so glad the three stooges represented for Cincinnati.

You act like that's a bad thing...

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7v2SdR_DZY

(It's kind of eerie how accurate parts are...)

Attending the meeting for the Bengals was Marvin Lewis, Mike Brown and Katie Brown Blackburn

I'm so glad the three stooges represented for Cincinnati.

You act like that's a bad thing...

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7v2SdR_DZY

(It's kind of eerie how accurate parts are...)

I take it Katie is the one with the receding hairline?

I'd venture to say when looking at what they spun, you can create all sorts of bullsh*t.

To start, the Broncos drafting Thomas in the first was stupid because he was already broke. Hell many thought he wouldn't go until later on and possibly the 4th due to that injury. He was hardly the reason the Broncos failed. See one Mr. McDaniels and place blame accordingly.

Dallas trading up to #24 to get Bryant was worth it. He was billed as a top 10 talent that fell. They got great value for him at #24 and as mentioned, he had a good season until he got hurt. Injuries happen, but he didn't come that way. See the Dallas defense and lack of o-line play.

Marshall, Moss, Chad, and TO ?? All malcontent little bitches who hurt teams because of their attitudes. However, can you really fault Marshall 83 catches and over 1000 yards receiving when Henne is the QB ?? That dude flat sucked last season.

Boldin and Houshmandzadeh may have made bad plays in that game (yeah I loved it) but I think Boldin was a huge part of why they actually got that far. Everyone has a bad game and they just had poor timing with theirs.

Bottomline, Green may not be the "IT" player that gets the Bengals to the promised land, but ask yourself this. Who else do you anticipate being there at #4 do you think will ?? Honestly, I don't think ANY player will fill that role, but Green would certainly fill a need that will become a huge issue in 2012. What guard are you taking that high ?? What safety ?? What QB ??

I simply think Green will present the best way to go if he is there at #4 unless Bowers is there. He is the guy I want most, but even then, he won't be the "IT" player that gets the Bengals to the promised land.

I think that article is nothing more than spin.