Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

• Replies 775
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my thing when looking at stuff recently.

I think both Bowers and Fairley will be gone by #4, but there are now reports about Buffalo taking a shine to Newton and the DT from Alabama (Dareus) being a better pro prospect than Fairly. Some of this will have to see what happens in Denver with Champ Bailey as well and that isn't working out at this time. If he leaves Denver, Peterson will be the pick.

Sooooooo, lets say Bowers, Peterson, and Newton are taken prior to us and it leaves Fairley and Green on the board. I think Fairly should be the pick, but would it surprise anyone to see Green still be taken ?? I'm guessing the coaching staff likes what they see with Peko and Atkins with Sims and Tank in the mix. Then they look at Chad probably being gone and think they need to add someone else with Simpson, Caldwell, and Shipley.

I think they can do it in the 2nd round and should grab Fairly if that's the case, but again, it won't surprise me if they don't.

If Peterson was still on the board, I'm curious if a move to safety is still in the thought process for teams. I heard it was.

I think JJoe will be gone as well, but CB can be addressed later as well.

I'm on my way to do a mock draft and will work it a couple different ways.

I'm of the mindset if you don't get Fairley in the 1st, don't bother with DT at all.

He's just one of those guys that would be nice to have.

Everyone else is no better than what we have.

Well Only reason I'd go with paea is does seem like he would be steal in the 2nd. but ya DT is position don't think we need take unless its no brainer talent like fairly

I found this blurd about Mallett on PFT rather amusing...

It's worth keeping in mind that Rang is not reporting Mallett did drugs in college, but rather passing along prevalent speculation. "Speculation" that will be intensely investigated by NFL teams long before any one of them commits millions of guaranteed dollars to a high draft pick.

Except the Bengals

It's worth keeping in mind that Rang is not reporting Mallett did drugs in college, but rather passing along prevalent speculation. "Speculation" that will be intensely investigated by NFL teams long before any one of them commits millions of guaranteed dollars to a high draft pick.

Except the Bengals

Why do they continually throw in the Bengals digs on that site? I know Florio is a Steeler blow-hard but they've had their issues over the years too. Fkrs.

True, but my next question is:

Are they wrong ??

Sadly, I think the answer is no...

No but they seem to have this gigantic hard-on for the Bengals. Most true journalistic endeavors report the news and leave the commentary to someone else. Regardless of all the Steeler-love going around this year, they have their flaws starting with their QB.

Except the Bengals

Welcome to Cincinnati, Ryan.

It's coming. I can just feel it. My only question is whether the Bengals will risk waiting until the third or go ahead and pull the trigger at the top of the second. I'm betting on the latter.

Except the Bengals

Welcome to Cincinnati, Ryan.

It's coming. I can just feel it. My only question is whether the Bengals will risk waiting until the third or go ahead and pull the trigger at the top of the second. I'm betting on the latter.

I don't doubt that they would do that. I just really, really hope not.

:lol: Hatas gotta hate.

So anyhow I was checking out a few mock drafts when I ran across the latest from Great Blue North. As near as I can decipher they have us making trades with DC, NE and SF and coming out of the first three rounds with:

QB Donovan McNabb

DE Robert Quinn

OG Mike Pouncey

S Rahim Moore (via trade of Carson to SF)

QB Christian Ponder

Broncos re-sign Bailey to a four-year deal.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/22/broncos-agree-to-four-year-contract-with-champ-bailey/

I have to think that increases the likelihood that Peterson falls to 4. And I agree with Thornton that the chance of J-Joe returning if he hits an open FA market is 0%. So...CB at 4?

Broncos re-sign Bailey to a four-year deal.

http://profootballta...h-champ-bailey/

I have to think that increases the likelihood that Peterson falls to 4. And I agree with Thornton that the chance of J-Joe returning if he hits an open FA market is 0%. So...CB at 4?

If you slide Peterson to safety like many are saying, could you get by with someone else at CB besides JJoe? Like Trent or someone else? Let's face it, the guy has missed his share of action over the last couple of years so him not being here may not be that big of a deal.

If Adam Jones is healthy (big if) I wouldn't mind seeing him start. He played well last year and showed he was more than capable.

If Peterson considers the move to safety, I would be all over it. Taking him at 4 to play CB ?? No, I'm not interested.

Many other needs and CB can be addressed later when considering we still have Hall as well.