Week 17: Bills @ Bengals

HoosierCat

I wonder if Army has his cell phone with him tonight and can give the combat medic report on what he saw

If the guy passed, I say the game is not played.  I dont really care under the circumstances if its considered a tie or just game not played, regardless of whether that benefits or does not benefit us in the seedings 

The fact that the Bengals were up 4 is more or less irrelevant 

The Bills are more or less a brother organization to us since Dalton helped get them into the playoffs, and I am proud our fans have been very respectful of the Bills.....you dont see this from the fans in many other cities

19 minutes ago, membengal said:

Whelp. Pretty sure gsme done and call it a tie.

looked like a sudden cardiac event like Christian ericksen suffered on pitch in the soccer world a few years back. 

Looking at the play it appears Hamlin took a hard blow to the chest, which can affect the heart. Just a crazy fluke thing.

1 minute ago, HoosierCat said:

Yea that’s not good at all, I do t know how long he was not breathing for or if his heart stopped and for how long, but that really is not good. Prayers to him

8 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

much much better than what was feared

thank god

as for the game......my best guess is they play it tomorrow sometime, or failing that, it simply doesnt get played at all

If the guy had died, I would have gone with not played at all

I don’t see how they play it tomorrow. Just call it a tie and deal with fall out from that. 

*shrug* neither result would surprise me, and as I said earlier, I dont really care whether it is declared a tie or a game not played, regardless of how it affects playoff seedings

The one thing I dont want to see is the NFL handing the Bengals a W just because we were up 7-3 in the first quarter.   and I suspect some in the NFL will try to make that case, unfortunately

I ***DO*** want to see these two teams play each other in the postseason.  the teams and the fanbases have much love and respect for each other.....probably the friendliest opponents youll find in the NFL.

I don’t think they’ll award a win.  I would have guessed they’ll come back and finish it tomorrow.  But the sentiment in here makes me wonder if they’ll do that.  Probably have to move next week’s games for the bengals and bills to Monday if they finish it tomorrow.