Week 17: Bills @ Bengals

HoosierCat

4 hours ago, glasgowbengal said:

Parallels with last year are uncanny.

”Best” team and in the conference, and media darlings, coming to us on the penultimate weekend, where a win gives us the AFCN. 

It's crazy, right? I was laying in bed last night and that thought occurred to me too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, COB said:

Been there.  I hope you have a much better 2023.

Thank you. I finally started seeing a therapist in October, so I'm hoping it will help. I have nearly 50 years of trauma to deal with and a horrible family that keeps fanning the flames.

• Like 1

Really, I am still savoring finally having, after all these decades, a Bengals team that can play in big games and I just look forward to seeing how it plays out. Win or lose. God bless Burrow (and what the coaches and front office has built). These are, literally, the good ol' days. Right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

One of the interesting theories on this is, that because the Bengals have been 12-3 ATS, the “big money” is betting the Bengals can’t keep up the streak. Add in the emotion of big bettors getting “burned” by the Bengals and it becomes emotional.

Basically, Burrow is breaking the mold when it comes to betting against the Bengals with the spread. They’re pissed.

Why you would give the Bengals 2.5 points AT HOME is beyond me. They are very good at PBS.

• Like 1

Note for next week via nfl.com:

If the Bills beat the Bengals tonight, the Week 18 Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 4:25 p.m. ET on CBS with the winner clinching the AFC North. If Cincinnati defeats Buffalo, the Ravens-Bengals game will be played at 1 p.m. ET on CBS.