General Free Agency Thread

HoosierCat

He had a downturn last year, that’s why it’s a one year prove it deal.  He’s still young so could turn it around easily.  He was popular in Cleveland.

It is clear to me now that Lou Anarumo is in a gay love triangle with Duke Tobin and Troy Blackburn, there is absolutely no other explanation for this free agency period.  

• Like 1

I mean, if they just get him some effing protection FFS I think Burrow and the offensive core are capable of dragging this highly questionable roster to the playoffs. I really believe that.

So throw some money at Reiff. Get a damned offensive lineman. Now.

I don't know how close they are to the playoffs because the biggest piece is the cook bringing it all together.   Hopefully they got 2-3 more signings in them that upgrade the roster.

On paper they so far avoided going backwards with Lawson and Jackson hitting FA.  Then they've added 2 proven NFL players that hopefully create competition and ultimately upgrade the production.

They've lost 2 bodies from WR core.  So there's roster spots available.   The presumably have a 2 spots along the line with Spain being FA (his market appears cold) and the assumption Hart would be cut. 

A tackle, guard, and WR would be nice.  

Bengals' sign former Cowobys' CB Chidobe Awuzie (older news I guess) and are bringing in Reif for a visit.

They are making-over that defense almost entirely with FA's - which of course says something about the draft plans.  Although they did the same thing last season, but by all but ignoring the o-line, they went nowhere. 

9 hours ago, Wraith said:

So this idea of " f*ck the defense" was pretty colossally wrong.

The comfort about this is that apparently Bengals FO thinks they are much closer to winning than I do....

it wasnt wrong

they're not going to win any games with Burrow on the ground or in the hospital regardless of how well the D plays (assuming they are better, which I am not)