All things T.O.

agreen_112

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And ya know...for those who crap on him for "subpar" numbers by his standard last season, and think he's in decline, I give you this from last season:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Here's what I saw. Buffalo QB Ryan Fitzpatrick staring down Owens right from the snap against the defensively stout Philadelphia Eagles, and he still got open and took the rock into the end zone. Holy s**t. Just think what Palmer could do.

And ya know...for those who crap on him for "subpar" numbers by his standard last season, and think he's in decline, I give you this from last season:

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Here's what I saw. Buffalo QB Ryan Fitzpatrick staring down Owens right from the snap against the defensively stout Philadelphia Eagles, and he still got open and took the rock into the end zone. Holy s**t. Just think what Palmer could do.

The Jags actually, but yeah give him a guy with a cannon for an arm like Carson....Damn I can't wait.

Also, I have to believe this will impact the NFL's "Flex" Schedule or Game's of the Week and maybe give us another Nationally televised game or Two.

Hey guys.. Sorry I haven't been posting here much

Don't be sorry. We've enjoyed the silence.

I've been over on the VH1 fan site posting things that have to do with Chad Ocho Cinco and his new reality show.

Unsuprising

There's so much to talk about. Its a great show isn't it!?

If you like train wrecks, absolutely

Anywho, word on the street is that the Bengals are close to signing T.O.!!!

You get this from TO's best friend's cousin's dogwalker's mailman, who you party with on a regular basis?

I was just going to do an Over/Under on how long it would take you to respond to AGreen/Gizzle's post.....About 30 minutes...Impressive.

Now that Terrell is signed, I guess that's 30 minutes T.J. wished he had back.

the one guy I feel benefits the most isn't Palmer... but Benson. The days of seeing 8 in the box are over.

Ya...Having T.O,AB,Ocho & Gresham in it's a pass right? :o Cedric should have a big year.

With Ryan Fitzpatrick as QB,With the worst Oline in the NFL playing in the s**ttist weather in the nfl...If any team can keep us under 10 points next year with our top 4 weapons in the game i'll eat a real life crow...

Now that Terrell is signed, I guess that's 30 minutes T.J. wished he had back.

He's probably not the only TJ wishing he had some time back...

You know, one thing overlooked in this is TO came to the Bengals to win. When the hell has that ever happened to us? Most of the time we over pay to get a vet free agent or we are the team that is spurned for less money or used as leverage.

Just rewatched NFL total access and was surprised that even Marshall Faulk had nothing bad to say and praised our offense now with T.O that it was loaded with him,AB,ocho,caldwell,shipley,cedric & gresham and with the defense that were Legit team...wonder if people will start jumping off the Ravens bandwagon now :o

Oh, one other thing. For anybody that thinks TO will be a bad locker room presence he could be no worse than TJ was in the locker room.

Just rewatched NFL total access and was surprised that even Marshall Faulk had nothing bad to say and praised our offense now with T.O that it was loaded with him,AB,ocho,caldwell,shipley,cedric & gresham and with the defense that were Legit team...wonder if people will start jumping off the Ravens bandwagon now :o

I've already seen the media muppets start to talk up the Bengals. They have no choice. Hopefully some of them will re-evaluate the state of the AFC North and realize that the three other teams haven't done enough to keep up with our off-season moves.

Echo above...the reaction from the talking heads has been overwhelmingly positve, Schlereth and Herm Edwards drooled over the move last night on NFL Live as has Golic this morning. They all acknowledge the risk, but cannot tear their eyes away from the potential on-field positives.

And, there is no question the good news here is, after so many years of refusing to do so, Mike Brown is going for it. I can't help but appreciate that.

Mike & Mike have fully "re-discovered" the Bengals now, and are slowly realizing that not all is good news out of Ravens camp. Adam Schefter was just on the show and underscored how much input Palmer had in this and how Palmer in many ways drove the signing. Apparently Palmer's workouts with Owens in California in the last month were key. And Owens was out there for his reality show, so, I guess, that's one for reality shows...

The general bent from the national talking heads this morning is an appreciation that the Bengals with the 9th ranked rush offense but only 26th ranked pass offense of the many moves the Bengals have made to address that weakness.

I'm still giddy. I don't care who cries about not getting the ball. If they don't like it get open. Palmer spreads the ball around, and TO ME he is the unquestioned leader in the locker room. Who has the team and city behind him. The only argument will be that can the ball be spread around enough. I say who cares. Win the games.

After a night to sleep on it, here's how I think the passing game will play out.

There may be more passes thrown, but not many. Even when this was a pass first team, they kept things balanced. Last year, Palmer threw the ball about 29 times/game. In 2005 he threw the ball about 32 times/game. Not significant change.

The difference will be in a higher completion percentage and higher yards/attempt. Last year Chad led the team with 14.5 yards/catch. Coles had 12 yards/catch and Caldwell only had 8.5 yards/catch.

Coles and Caldwell's roles replaced by T.O. and Bryant should cause a big jump in the yards/catch stat. Despite the terrible QB situations they were playing with, T.O. had 15.1 yards/catch, and Bryant had 15.4 yards/catch. Without a change in the number of passes thrown, the passing game should still be able to move from 3,000 yards to 4,000 yards just because of the quality of the weapons.

So... stack 8 in the box to stop Benson. I dare you. They'll be Sharpies and Irish Jigs to a sickening degree. Put 5 DBs on the field to slow the pass and Benson will get 30 carries for 150 yards.

I leave you guys alone for 5 minutes... :o

So, he's cheap, which is good. The dude couldn't catch a cold these last few yrs and he's an even bigger asshat than 85. The minute he plays up, easy enough to jettison.

Hope you're all well.

Sup Pidge? One way or the other, I do believe we will be entertained this year...

Woke up this morning, clicked on the TV, everytime there was a cut in on the main show, it was about TO signing with the Bengals.

Sorry, but I'm loving all the attention this is garnering.

Yeah, I'm still pretty psyched about this, admitting it's more than I thought it would be.

This from Hobson's blog:
/>http://blogs.bengals.com/2010/07/28/the-future-is-now/

The future is now

Posted by hobsonschoice1 Posted on July 28, 2010 – 5:17 am

In some ways, it is the anti-Bengals move.

In other ways, it is pure Bengals.

Either way, the Terrell Owens move shows a bunch of things: Just how much Mike Brown wants to win, how much influence Carson Palmer has, and just how rare speed and separation are among NFL wideouts that you have to find it in a 36-year-old physical freak.

Before 2007, Isaac Curtis, Tim McGee and Michael Westbrook were the only Bengals wide receivers to make a catch after their 30th birthday. Since then, it has become a matter of routine. The Ocho and T.J. Houshmandzadeh became the first 30+ starting duo ever in 2008 and for the third straight season the Bengals may line up with two Opening Day starters 30 or older at receiver as Brown and Marvin Lewis try to find weapons for Palmer.

One national media guy called Tuesday and said this looked like a Mike Brown move and I said it looked just the opposite because of the age thing. He likes his receivers young and fast, especially after Laveranues Coles showed up here last year with barely a pulse and Antonio Bryant is working overtime this year to rehab his knee. With young guys like Jerome Simpson and Dez Briscoe around, you’d have to talk him into it.

This thing was dead Friday morning. But when the Bengals got called by Owens and the coaches were clearly excited by what Palmer was saying about their workouts in California, a consensus began to build. And while Brown has made some moves arbitrarily, he has a long track record of going on consensus and relying on his coaches to push it one way or the other.

When Lewis emerged from his training camp staff meeting Monday morning with a thumbs-up, Bengals vice president Troy Blackburn put together a proposal.

Owens fits the trend of the last couple of years: A player with baggage who has found a second chance in Cincinnati. The coaches liked Cedric Benson when he worked out. Mike Zimmer was sold on Tank Johnson and Adam Jones. Brown felt like the late Chris Henry could turn his life around. And there are the one-time stars or high draft picks that have something to prove that Lewis loves, like Roy Williams, Chris Crocker, Dhani Jones and Rey Maualuga.

Owens age may not fit the formula. But like Chad Ochocinco said Tuesday night, “The window is open, let’s go.”

What was once one of the more competitive roster spots in camp is now almost moot. Six make it and we know the five that are going to dress on game day: The Ocho, Owens, Bryant, Bryant, Andre Caldwell and Jordan Shipley. That would seem to leave Simpson and Briscoe battling for the sixth spot that is deactivated unless something crazy happens. What to do with Quan Cosby, a very reliable punt returner?

That’s why they have camp, but it sounds like everyone wishes Sept. 12 were here right now with T.O. on the way.

The bolded paragraph is what to watch. I'm betting on Briscoe...

I am hearing more and more about Bryant's knee. I really hope that he just needs a couple of months. We signed him to a pretty hefty contract for four years. I love the TO signing, but i really believe that this tells us a lot about the state of AB. I hope for the best. This is the most hyped I have been for a bengals team in forever.