All things T.O.

agreen_112

Is anyone willing to see Caldwell cut in order to bring T.O. onto the roster ??

I for one don't just say no, I say F*CK NO !!!

If Mike Brown shoves T.O. down Marvin's throat, and I think that is the only way TO ends up here, I doubt Marvin will sign an extension. And I wouldn't blame him at all. T.O. is the antithesis of what Marvin is building here.

Just so I can beat Hair to it, TO gets signed when Chad gets traded to Wash for Haynesworth. Jim Morrison tells me he heard it from Elvis.

Haha...

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice early call on that one Gizzle...

I was wondering about Bryant being #81 as well and how that will play out.

I think this has a positive motivational affect on Chad heading into camp and that has to be a plus.

I'm pumped up that they got this done and credit has to be given to Mike Brown for trying to make improvements and listening to Carson and Marvin.

Oddly enough, THAT would be a scenario that would make T.O. a viable option.

It simply isn't going to happen...

Sorry Army.... you were wrong too

It's all good and I gave credit.

I will say my initial thoughts were that his signing would cause the demise of Caldwell, which I still would have SERIOUS issues with.

I will give credit to Derek as well in making me think a little further about the situation in regards to Caldwell and Cosby.

With all of that being the case and thinking I know how this will turn out from here, I will be more than happy to say I'm cool with it.

This from Walker on ESPN:

The Cincinnati Bengals forged an interesting marriage Tuesday by agreeing to a one-year, $2 million contract with enigmatic receiver Terrell Owens. This will mark the first time Owens and fellow flamboyant receiver Chad Ochocinco are on the same team, creating a potential circus atmosphere for Cincinnati.

But here are five reasons why the Owens acquisition will work out well for the Bengals this season:

1. Owens won't be the No. 1 receiver

Analysis: Ochocinco is the top receiver in Cincinnati and is four years younger than Owens, who is 36. At this stage of Owens' career, he can no longer carry the load by himself. But Owens is still good enough to be a solid option as a No. 2 receiver. Cincinnati had trouble passing the ball over the middle last year, and Owens should help. He is strong enough to make short catches and break tackles for bigger gains. With Ochocinco going over the top of the defense, it should be a good combination.

2. The Bengals are contenders

Analysis: Winning matters. The Bengals are the defending AFC North champs and are expected to compete for that same crown again this season. The Bengals are looking to add onto last year's playoff appearance, and that has to be music to Owens' ears after playing in Buffalo. He is approaching the end of his career and needs to be in a winning situation to get the best out of him. As long as the Bengals are successful and Owens is contributing, look for Owens to fall in line.

3. The Bengals have plenty of experience with brash WRs

Analysis: What better way than to prepare for Owens' arrival than to have years and years of Ochocinco? Both are very good friends and similar in the type of attention they draw in the locker room. Sure, sometimes this pair may go overboard with antics and entertainment. But it won't be like the Bengals haven't had to deal with that before.

4. Carson Palmer

Analysis: After working out with Palmer this offseason, Owens already has the backing of Cincinnati's franchise quarterback. That will go a long way to getting Owens instant credibility in the Bengals' locker room. Owens didn't have a quality quarterback to get him the football last year with the Buffalo Bills. But expect that to change this season with Palmer.

5. AFC North has secondary questions

Analysis: The Baltimore Ravens' secondary is banged up. The Cleveland Browns have young corners and safeties, and the Pittsburgh Steelers still have work to do to get back to their 2008 form. Adding Owens will help strengthen Cincinnati and take advantage of other division teams' weaknesses. The Bengals were at their best passing the ball when T.J. Houshmandzadeh was able to take advantage of Ochocinco being double teamed. Now AFC North defenses will have to reconsider that strategy. Overall, adding Owens for one year -- at their price -- was a good move by the Bengals.

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/15083/five-reasons-why-t-o-will-work-in-cincy

WOW, possibly cutting Bryant outright ??

I think that may be a bit of a reach at this point...

With T.O. in the fold, Antonio Bryant could be headed for PUP list

So what will the Bengals do, now that they've added Terrell Owens to a receiver depth chart that includes Chad Ochocinco and Antonio Bryant?

Per a league source, Bryant is a strong candidate to land on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start training camp. The source says that it's believed Bryant won't be ready to practice when camp opens, given lingering knee problems.

The move would open the door for Owens to earn a starting spot across from Chad Ochocinco, which would also make it easier for T.O. to reach all or most of the $2 million in performance-based incentives he is eligible to earn.

The Bengals signed Bryant to a four-year, $28 million contract in March, not long after T.O. visited the team. There has been some scuttlebutt that the Bengals could cut the cord on Bryant; much of that depends on the amount of money they'd lose by cutting him, versus the amount of additional money they'd avoid paying out by not having him around.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/with-to-in-the-fold-antonio-bryant-could-be-headed-for-pup-list/

Recent tweet from ocho: "I bet i won't see all them damn double teams now! Cedric Benson could have a 2,000 yard season with the attention we gonna command"

So here are some mind blowing thoughts considering we are talking about the bengals here:

Mike Brown has made SERIOUS off season moves . . . two seasons in a row . . . and two killer drafts.

Mike Brown resigned Mike Zimmer . . .

There are no legitimate areas of need/weakness on either side of the ball

Chad just said his RB could have a 2,000 yard season for how much attention defense will pay to the wideouts

Terrell Owens took a 50% paycut to play for the bengals

ESPN is breaking coverage to talk about the bengals

We are all hoping our offense can catch up to the play of our DEFENSE

where are we? what is going on???

I just LOVE that the Bengals were proactive about addressing a potential shortfall at WR, rather than being reactive. If Bryant is not gonna be ready to start camp, now we don't have to worry about his knee daily.

And they will not cut him. Not now.

Pretty f**kin' pumped about this. Which surprises me.

I confess I felt a shudder of disappointment when I read the new thread title announcing the signing. Not griping, but to say my feelings were anything but mixed I would be lying.

Bryant insurance? Check.

Yeah. I looked at Bryant as the key to almost everything and the recent speculation about his health is troubling to say the least. So on that score Owens is CHEAP insurance, and I applaud the move for that reason.

Mike Brown has gone all in. Never thought I would live to see the day.

The clown car has crashed at last, and a seemingly endless tream of clowns are spilling out everywhere. A grateful crowd roars it's approval before quickly turning it's attention to the bearded lady and the dog-faced boy.

Just saw the end of a clip on NFL network about the signing. Let me paraphrase the quote:

"People will look and see all this talent as the window dressing of this team but let's not forget the corps: this is a physical, deep football team that dominated the AFC north last year."

Not really adding much to the conversation, but can the season start now, please?

Hair, I am just eternally tired of them being caught short. I have to say, and I have never been a Mike Brown hater, but even so, the depth and the attention to shoring up the depth on this team that has been undertaken by the front office this off-season has been admirable. And that include Owens, who they clearly did their due diligence on. Including Palmer.

Owens may backfire, we all know the risks, but I am content with the gamble.

Schelreth & Edwards are slobbering all over the signing on espn right now. Love it.

Per the Cryptkeeper, Mikey did even sweeten the pot to get Owens. The Bengals originally offered $1.5 million; Owens wanted the 3.25 million. The 2/2 deal was the compromise. So props to the front office.

WOW, possibly cutting Bryant outright ??

I think that may be a bit of a reach at this point...

With T.O. in the fold, Antonio Bryant could be headed for PUP list

So what will the Bengals do, now that they've added Terrell Owens to a receiver depth chart that includes Chad Ochocinco and Antonio Bryant?

Per a league source, Bryant is a strong candidate to land on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start training camp. The source says that it's believed Bryant won't be ready to practice when camp opens, given lingering knee problems.

The move would open the door for Owens to earn a starting spot across from Chad Ochocinco, which would also make it easier for T.O. to reach all or most of the $2 million in performance-based incentives he is eligible to earn.

The Bengals signed Bryant to a four-year, $28 million contract in March, not long after T.O. visited the team. There has been some scuttlebutt that the Bengals could cut the cord on Bryant; much of that depends on the amount of money they'd lose by cutting him, versus the amount of additional money they'd avoid paying out by not having him around.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/with-to-in-the-fold-antonio-bryant-could-be-headed-for-pup-list/

He won't be cut. PUP him for the first half of the season, then put him on IR. That gives his knee another year to heal and hell be ready to go in 2011.

Cutting him makes zero sense, unless they now think his knee is so bad or degenerative that it will never get better. If that is the case the finger must be pointed at our infamous (on) crack med staff.