All things T.O.

agreen_112

Shouldn't a few ehtics and morals be ahead of winning at all costs?

Let me think. Uh...no.

Sorry, I was taught to win at all costs while in the Marines. Losing = dead and worthless then. I doesn't feel much different now.

Glad to hear you "doesn't feel much different now"... I do thank you for your military service and I absolutely mean that, you are what allows us to live as we do - thank you!

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized it we just need to embrace our inner villains . We have become the team no one will like, and you know what? Who cares! If this makes us have a deep run so be it! This isn't little league. If they end up winning this way I'll be fine with it.

Glad to hear you "doesn't feel much different now"...

You know I meant "It", not "I".

Ok, thanks again for your service sir (I mean that) and "Hair On Fire" ----> glad someone else understands... Everyone take care...

I won't be ripping you....as I agree with nearly everything you wrote.

Well, in that case, let's make Hair feel better tonight, shall we...

If it wasn’t for Owens, the theme of check-in day would be how Mike Zimmer’s defense has returned man-for-man intact and its goal of being the NFL’s No. 1 unit looks to be much more than fool’s gold. And Zimmer, one never to play the underestimation game, will tell you he thinks his defense is better than the one that finished fourth last season.

“We have more depth and more talent and more guys that understand the system,” Zimmer said, pointing to his second-year SAM backers. “Rey Maualuga isn’t a rookie. Michael Johnson isn’t a rookie. More guys are ready than they were at this time last year. Michael Johnson is prepared now. Maualuga was a guy that was already prepared coming in, so that’s not a big deal, but a guy like (cornerback) Morgan Trent is with those (’09) rookies.

He also thinks he has more pass rushers than had a year ago and he knows he better because he’s been thinking of those six games against 4,000-yard quarterbacks all offseason.

“I feel better,” he said. “The scheme is pretty much set. We’ve been tinkering around with it for a few years now and I think we’re set on that now."

You get your No. 1 defense, I get my No. 1 offense, everybody's happy. :thumbsup:

I think there are 2 different types of football annoyances. Criminals and Divas. You can't rely on either. The Bengals are signing these guys to cheap short deals. Don't let these guys make you forget about all of the high character guys on this team.

Carson

Jones

Rivers

Whitworth

Cook

Just to name a few. This helps Palmer. He is the leader of the team and he thought T.O. would help. You know who was a GREAT locker room guy? Coles! I didn't feel great about how swell he was when he fumbled vs the Jets. You'll love these guys if they produce. Give it a chance and enjoy the run!

I was going to write something on how I felt about the whole T.O. thing, but Doc beat me to it.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100727/COL03/307270013/Daugherty-Time-to-have-a-little-fun

Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Owens has been an annoying human being for a long time, but he has never done anything so truly awful that he should be vilified by all society (as far as I know). He's a self-centered prick, not a criminal. Chad is the same way.

Exactly. He's no Ben Roethlisberger.

This changes how I view this season. Instead of worrying about 8 or 10 wins, I have @Indy (Week 10), @ NYJets (week 12) and @Ratbirds (Week 17) circled. This is when we assert ourselves as the favorites in the AFC over the teams we may see again in January. I have never been as excited about a Bengals season.

I was going to write something on how I felt about the whole T.O. thing, but Doc beat me to it.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20100727/COL03/307270013/Daugherty-Time-to-have-a-little-fun

Yup. Couldn't have said it better myself.

Good article, and i agree none of this is my problem, and i will sit back and watch the show. With T.O. here it does make the offense better, and i understand why people might not like it, but oh well that is not our problem. Just root for your team and enjoy the show, and let Marvin and company deal with this. If Marvin takes care of business and can make all this work then more kudos to him. Im glad he is here now lets get everyone in camp and get ready for the season, and i cant wait.

Owens has been an annoying human being for a long time, but he has never done anything so truly awful that he should be vilified by all society (as far as I know). He's a self-centered prick, not a criminal. Chad is the same way.

Exactly. He's no Ben Roethlisberger.

Steeler fans root for that man surprise surprise :o

I seriously cannot explain how depressed I am with this. I mean, I just cannnot state it strong enough. My absolute 2 most hated players in the NFL are now on my team, plus we have the Pacman idiot. How in the hell can I enjoy my football with some sh*t like this on my team?

I promise you that only a few of you can challenge my love for the Bengals (don't get pis*ed at me, I just know how hardcore I am, probably more than should be). I am married and have a family that I am crazy about, so it's not like this stuff is all I have - I have simply loved sports since I could think.

All year long, it will be about the 2 idiots, a couple of "supposed" humans who have no regard for anyone but themselves and have both thrown teammates and orginizations under the bus for their own greedy-as* selfish reasons more than once. I am sick and tired of it being ok to be selfish, brag about yourself and have absolutely no humilty in life whatsoever and it being ok - and not even just ok, but cool! What in the heck is wrong with our society to be ok with this crap, that idiots like this are glorified rather than vilified? Shouldn't a few ehtics and morals be ahead of winning at all costs?

I have no way to explain my truely utter disgust, go ahead and rip me if you must, but I am one depressed fan..... Take Care.

Football's not about who you like and who you don't like. Get over it man... TO, Ocho and Pacman are as good as players get at their respected positions. T.O. is perhaps #1 or #2 deep threat in the league. In the red zone, he's a lock (with a decent QB). NO ONE in the league runs a better route than Ocho. He demands a double or triple team on EVERY single passing situation. Pac Man is dead sexy at corner, the man is a beast. I don't care what he does off the field as long as he stays out of trouble.

Now, here's the question for the day. Does Carson have what it takes to manage this level of talent on Offense? Will he be able to go through his checkdowns and find the open guy and ultimately get us to the SB. I don't care who they bring in. We're only as good as Carson and will go as far as he can take us. Ocho's my man but this is Palmer's team. There are HUGE expectations now for #9. There's a lot of weight on his shoulders. I think he can do it...

..... Gizzle's LOL that TJJackson disappears.

I could scream right now... I couldn't be any happier about the Bengals and the way things have played out since last off season. You have to give MB credit, he's definitely "DOING THE THINGS THAT IT TAKES TO WIN!" He's actually showing that he is a major player in this game and he want 'nati to have a winning football team. He finally got the message!

I could scream right now... I couldn't be any happier about the Bengals and the way things have played out since last off season. You have to give MB credit, he's definitely "DOING THE THINGS THAT IT TAKES TO WIN!" He's actually showing that he is a major player in this game and he want 'nati to have a winning football team. He finally got the message!

Personally I don't think this deal would have gone down without the input from Carson Palmer. Chad had been tooting T.O.'s horn for a long time, and nothing happened. Not until our QB stepped in and voiced his opinion after working out with Owens did something happen. The negotiations suddenly kicked into high gear, and the deal got done.

One of the things I've hated about Chad over the years is how he throws his hands up in the air when he thinks a ball is uncatchable. I always felt a little bad for Palmer that he was forced to work with a guy like that. I'm guessing it doesn't bother him much though... because Palmer is the one who asked for T.O. He made his own bed. If this ends badly, all I'll be able to muster up is "You asked for it."

That said... I feel a lot better about this signing that I thought I would. Most Bengal fans felt that the main thing that needed addressed this offseason was to give Palmer more weapons. Well... They got the best TE in the draft, which gives them a pair of very promising pass-catching TEs. They drafted Jordan Shipley and Dez Briscoe, they signed Antonio Bryant and now T.O., and Marvin says that Caldwell is the most improved player from last year.

Slice it anyway you want... but I can't see how anyone can complain about the Bengals willingness to address the primary weakness of the '09 team. Even better... the one guy I feel benefits the most isn't Palmer... but Benson. The days of seeing 8 in the box are over.

Personally I don't think this deal would have gone down without the input from Carson Palmer.

In fact this deal *didn't* go down without Carson's input - they worked him out in Feb and took a pass. Then when the man tells them to take another look, they did.

Hey, if I'm gonna bash Mikey for generally being retarded, I gotta give the old dog his day when he gets it right. This was the right move at the right time.

I might have to see if I can get some of the Baltimore radio stations just so I can hear the Fear and Loathing. Great times.

Personally I don't think this deal would have gone down without the input from Carson Palmer.

In fact this deal *didn't* go down without Carson's input - they worked him out in Feb and took a pass. Then when the man tells them to take another look, they did.

Hey, if I'm gonna bash Mikey for generally being retarded, I gotta give the old dog his day when he gets it right. This was the right move at the right time.

I might have to see if I can get some of the Baltimore radio stations just so I can hear the Fear and Loathing. Great times.

My buddy is a sports radio host on 105.7 the Fan in Baltimore.

"The fans are in denial", he says. "There's alot of concern about how the Ravens are going to match up against the Bengals offense."

"The fans are in denial", he says. "There's alot of concern about how the Ravens are going to match up against the Bengals offense."

They should be concerned. We whipped them twice last season with not near what we have now offensively. Defensively they've weakened, and we've strengthened. Why the media is still loving them is beyond me.

They should be concerned. We whipped them twice last season with not near what we have now offensively. Defensively they've weakened, and we've strengthened. Why the media is still loving them is beyond me.

Exactly.

When you look at what each team has done in the offseason even before TO was signed, you have to wonder.

Bengals: Needed to add depth to the secondary. Check. Added Jones, Wilson, and Ghee.

Needed to add to the pass rush. Check. Drafted Dunlap and Atkins.

Needed to overhaul to the passing game. Check. Added Bryant, Gresham, Shipley, Jones, and now TO.

Ravens: Needed to add to their passing game. Check. Added Boldin, Stallworth, drafted 2 TEs.

Needed to add to their secondary. NOTHING.

Needed to improve pass rush. Drafted Kindle and Cody. Kindle may not play this year and Cody can't stop eating.

Again......WHO did more? At least on paper?

Personally I don't think this deal would have gone down without the input from Carson Palmer. Chad had been tooting T.O.'s horn for a long time, and nothing happened. Not until our QB stepped in and voiced his opinion after working out with Owens did something happen. The negotiations suddenly kicked into high gear, and the deal got done.

Agreed.