All things T.O.

agreen_112

Per the Cryptkeeper, Mikey did even sweeten the pot to get Owens. The Bengals originally offered $1.5 million; Owens wanted the 3.25 million. The 2/2 deal was the compromise. So props to the front office.

Fair deal all the way around. I can't stand him, but I will be shocked if he doesn't earn that money and then some.

And as mentioned...just...wow. This is officially The Year. Now get Gresham into camp just because, well, I'm a greedy SOB.

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schelreth & Edwards are slobbering all over the signing on espn right now. Love it.

Per the Cryptkeeper, Mikey did even sweeten the pot to get Owens. The Bengals originally offered $1.5 million; Owens wanted the 3.25 million. The 2/2 deal was the compromise. So props to the front office.

WOW, possibly cutting Bryant outright ??

I think that may be a bit of a reach at this point...

With T.O. in the fold, Antonio Bryant could be headed for PUP list

So what will the Bengals do, now that they've added Terrell Owens to a receiver depth chart that includes Chad Ochocinco and Antonio Bryant?

Per a league source, Bryant is a strong candidate to land on the Physically Unable to Perform list to start training camp. The source says that it's believed Bryant won't be ready to practice when camp opens, given lingering knee problems.

The move would open the door for Owens to earn a starting spot across from Chad Ochocinco, which would also make it easier for T.O. to reach all or most of the $2 million in performance-based incentives he is eligible to earn.

The Bengals signed Bryant to a four-year, $28 million contract in March, not long after T.O. visited the team. There has been some scuttlebutt that the Bengals could cut the cord on Bryant; much of that depends on the amount of money they'd lose by cutting him, versus the amount of additional money they'd avoid paying out by not having him around.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/with-to-in-the-fold-antonio-bryant-could-be-headed-for-pup-list/

He won't be cut. PUP him for the first half of the season, then put him on IR. That gives his knee another year to heal and hell be ready to go in 2011.

Cutting him makes zero sense, unless they now think his knee is so bad or degenerative that it will never get better. If that is the case the finger must be pointed at our infamous (on) crack med staff.

If Bryant does have a knee problem that leads to PUP/IR, I would say Bryant is one of the worst signings ever. Why did the Bengals target Bryant when they could have had Boldin or Marshall... Silly.

I like Chad's comment on ESPN. "...it's like Bonnie and Clyde, but he's (TO) Bonnie."

Ok bear with me on this...

Chad, TO, Bryant, Shipley right ??

If Caldwell is there, isn't he the 5th over Cosby ?? If Caldwell is in fact the #5 WR, what purpose does Cosby serve at that point ??

All of what he may bring to ST is useless being inactive as the #6. I just don't see Caldwell being the inactive guy of the group.

Soooooo, with Cosby being shown the door, the #6 inactive guy is going to be an outside guy.

Simpson, Jones, or Briscoe will get the spot. I'm still thinking Briscoe is the new Simpson...

I'm thinking Bryant might be worse than they are letting on. Is he possibly headed for the PUP list? In that case one of the above mentioned will have to stick (for now).

It's premature but this tells me that something isn't quite right with AB.

I have also heard that Bryant is having some difficulties with the playbook.

Can you imagine the reaction to Mike's opening lowball offer? I'm guessing howls of laughter followed by fits of rage followed by deafening silence...all because Owens had nowhere else to go.

Can you imagine the reaction to Mike's opening lowball offer? I'm guessing howls of laughter followed by fits of rage followed by deafening silence...all because Owens had nowhere else to go.

Could be. But Owens did extract $500k more straight out, and the incentive package reported so far is do-able if the team lives up to its hype.

According to a league source, Owens will get $333,333 each if he reaches the following benchmarks: 60 catches, 900 yards, and ten touchdowns.

Owens caught 55 passes for 829 yards and five scores last year while playing in a dreadful passing attack on the Bills.

T.O. can also earn one third of a million if he tops 100 catches, 14 TDs, and 1,300 yards.

If he doesn't get to at least $3 million, then the team probably had a bad year.

2 million with the chance to earn 4 ?? Not a bad deal for either side.

If he doesn't earn it, we get him for 1.25 million less than what he was looking for.

If he does earn it, we got a WR that helped the passing offense greatly.

Now I simply hope Marvin wasn't blowing smoke about the signing having nothing to do with Bryant's knee

**LADIES AND GENTLEMEN**

Let me direct your attention to the center ring !!!

Well with Chad talking about how hard it's going to be to cover T.O,HImself & AB you would think AB was good to go...

But then again it is chad!

Well Jets offered him a Minimum deal.

If he doesn't get to at least $3 million, then the team probably had a bad year.

Not really because he has do better then he did with Buffalo and I'd be happy with his buffalo numbers because we still have Chad,AB,gresham and even shipley who will also be catching balls.

I seriously cannot explain how depressed I am with this. I mean, I just cannnot state it strong enough. My absolute 2 most hated players in the NFL are now on my team, plus we have the Pacman idiot. How in the hell can I enjoy my football with some sh*t like this on my team?

I promise you that only a few of you can challenge my love for the Bengals (don't get pis*ed at me, I just know how hardcore I am, probably more than should be). I am married and have a family that I am crazy about, so it's not like this stuff is all I have - I have simply loved sports since I could think.

All year long, it will be about the 2 idiots, a couple of "supposed" humans who have no regard for anyone but themselves and have both thrown teammates and orginizations under the bus for their own greedy-as* selfish reasons more than once. I am sick and tired of it being ok to be selfish, brag about yourself and have absolutely no humilty in life whatsoever and it being ok - and not even just ok, but cool! What in the heck is wrong with our society to be ok with this crap, that idiots like this are glorified rather than vilified? Shouldn't a few ehtics and morals be ahead of winning at all costs?

I have no way to explain my truely utter disgust, go ahead and rip me if you must, but I am one depressed fan..... Take Care.

I seriously cannot explain how depressed I am with this. I mean, I just cannnot state it strong enough. My absolute 2 most hated players in the NFL are now on my team, plus we have the Pacman idiot. How in the hell can I enjoy my football with some sh*t like this on my team?

-T.O of old seems to be gone ya he's still a douche but he makes our team better.(this year)

-Pacman seems to finally get it ya he was ultra douche but hey whats wrong if he turned his life around?

I have no way to explain my truely my utter disgust, go ahead and rip me if you must, but I am one depressed fan..... Take Care.

It's no problem gotta feel how you feel...I just hope those idiots will grow on you by seasons end so you can enjoy the magic ^_^

All year long, it will be about the 2 idiots, a couple of "supposed" humans who have no regard for anyone but themselves and have both thrown teammates and orginizations under the bus for their own greedy-as* selfish reasons more than once. I am sick and tired of it being ok to be selfish, brag about yourself and have absolutely no humilty in life whatsoever and it being ok - and not even just ok, but cool! What in the heck is wrong with our society to be ok with this crap, that idiots like this are glorified rather than vilified?

Eh, dicknozzles have always had way more leeway in pro sports, whatever the country and whatever the sport, if they're talented bastards than they would otherwise have in many other fields of endeavour. The meeja just has way more access and time to fill in the 24 hr world now.

Both TO and Chad are probably nice enough guys away from football. We're all humans, flaws and all. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn't. Hopefully the Bengals bring down the ban-hammer swiftly if he acts like a turd again. The only way this really backfires on the Bengals is if the Bengals themselves don't make the appropriate moves at the appropriate times.

Could be. But Owens did extract $500k more straight out, and the incentive package reported so far is do-able if the team lives up to its hype.

True enough, but I doubt Mikey made his lowball offer thinking it would stick to the bitter end. In fact, a lowball offer implies a small bump is coming, right? And the earlier scuttlebutt from months ago also mentioned the Bengals preference for a heavily incentive laden deal....money they'll pay happily in return for actual production.

Obviously Bryant's uncertain health muddies the water, but looking soley at the Owen's negotiations, from months ago until today, it's hard to imagine any team playing things better than the Bengals just managed to do.

Obviously Bryant's uncertain health muddies the water, but looking soley at the Owen's negotiations, from months ago until today, it's hard to imagine any team playing things better than the Bengals just managed to do.

Oh, no doubt. As I said before, props to the front office. They judged the market right this time and landed their catch.

I promise you that only a few of you can challenge my love for the Bengals (don't get pis*ed at me, I just know how hardcore I am, probably more than should be). I am married and have a family that I am crazy about, so it's not like this stuff is all I have - I have simply loved sports since I could think.

All year long, it will be about the 2 idiots, a couple of "supposed" humans who have no regard for anyone but themselves and have both thrown teammates and orginizations under the bus for their own greedy-as* selfish reasons more than once. I am sick and tired of it being ok to be selfish, brag about yourself and have absolutely no humilty in life whatsoever and it being ok - and not even just ok, but cool! What in the heck is wrong with our society to be ok with this crap, that idiots like this are glorified rather than vilified? Shouldn't a few ehtics and morals be ahead of winning at all costs?

I have no way to explain my truely my utter disgust, go ahead and rip me if you must, but I am one depressed fan..... Take Care.

I won't be ripping you....as I agree with nearly everything you wrote.

Well, when considering how "subpar" his 50+ catch, 800+ yard, and 6 TD season was last year, remember he did that with Fitzpatrick throwing the ball and one of the absoute WORST offensive lines in the NFL. They had little else on that offense that would keep opposing defenses from doubling him and yet he still produced.

No one has to like the move to be able to root for the team to win. Want someone to root for, Carson is always a safe bet.

What is it Hair says ?? Oh yeah, root for the laundry !!!

GO STRIPES !!!

Shouldn't a few ehtics and morals be ahead of winning at all costs?

Let me think. Uh...no.

Sorry, I was taught to win at all costs while in the Marines. Losing = dead and worthless then. I doesn't feel much different now.