All things T.O.

agreen_112

We need to get Palmer weapons.

It appears Palmer feels confident enough to start picking his own weapons and demonstrating that by pimping the signing of T.O. and working out with him. For me that's all I need to hear from the man who leads our offense.

Me too. I'm also sure that he doesn't mind having the proven hands of 6'3" Owens in the Red Zone along with 6'5" Gresham, and 6'1" Chad and Bryant....just sayin'

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It appears Palmer feels confident enough to start picking his own weapons and demonstrating that by pimping the signing of T.O. and working out with him. For me that's all I need to hear from the man who leads our offense.

Me too. I'm also sure that he doesn't mind having the proven hands of 6'3" Owens in the Red Zone along with 6'5" Gresham, and 6'1" Chad and Bryant....just sayin'

No way to cover a threat like that. No possible way.

Apparently they are cooling off on Antonio very quickly. We need to get Palmer weapons. We should all be happy if T.O. signs and most importantly it's just going to be a 1 year deal. We have young receivers who could use another year. This is going to be a crazy year, but the depth and talent at receiver needs to be there for the playoff run!

That's precisely it. This signing gives us an upgrade at a position that's deep but doesn't have enough high-end talent. It buys us a year for the younguns to develop. It also gives us a better shot for the playoffs in a year that's shaping up to possibly be The Year. When you have a team this close, you need to sit back and see if there's a move you need to make to put you over the top from probable playoff team to possible title contender.

I've said it before, I give credit where due - this is a roll of the dice but one that is very likely worth it. Cheers to Mikey, TO's stock fell too far this year. Hopefully this makes up for the Bryant signing, which (like a corpse) is smelling worse every day.

And yeah, no matter how you slice it this year will be N U T S. I daresay I'll have my popcorn ready.

Or you could have 6-6 matt jones, 6-6 chase coffman, 6-5 gresham, and chad,.. That seems much more dangerous to me.... :)

Or you could have 6-6 matt jones, 6-6 chase coffman, 6-5 gresham, and chad,.. That seems much more dangerous to me.... :)

To each his own.

Seems like the Bengals are looking at the ravens as their top competition in the division. Looking at the ravens secondary, they may have trouble lining up just one decent healthy CB. Why not exploit the biggest weakness of your competition by linng up a bunch of good WR? Questionable CBs? Try finding enough to cover Ocho, TO, Bryant, Gresham, Caldwell, Shipley, etc... Take that bitches

Ok, let me try this again...

Why would we want Cosby as the #6 WR and claim we can't get rid of him because of what he brings to the ST table, when he would be inactive ??

Caldwell has the versatility to play inside and outside and is a return guy.

We are looking at the possibility of losing both Chad and TO for the 2011 season, but we want to keep a slot WR ??

If they are confident Briscoe makes it to the practice squad, sure, but Cosby would still be a waste as the #6.

I'm still of the line of thought that Briscoe won't make it to the practice squad. There are many teams in the league that won't have any issue adding him to their active roster based on their problems at the WR spot. Couple that with the fact that whatever teams would have interest in him would be getting a 3-4 round talent at WR without having to give up a pick to get him. I'm fully willing to come back and say I'm wrong, but if Briscoe is healthy, he will make the decision interesting.

Matt Jones ?? I think he's right there with Simpson. On the way out the door.

Marvin says signing TO has nothing to do with the health of Bryant's knee, so I will remain hopeful with that statement.

I still think Bryant was a good signing and will have a better than average season.

-Matt Jones would have to make it on to the team

-MattJOnes would have to find a way to get activated

-Matt Jones would have to find a way to get on the field

-All 3 seem very unlikely to me.

I'm still of the line of thought that Briscoe won't make it to the practice squad.

Agreed hence if he looks like he can be a starter someday in the league you gotta keep him.

To me it's just really hard to gouge what really would happen if we sign T.O because Cosby is extremely valueable special teamer but at same time with 3 old WR's you really have think about the future with the other 3 spots...so all in all I Just don't know and will wait and see I could see them keeping cosby but I could see them cutting him

Or you could have 6-6 matt jones, 6-6 chase coffman, 6-5 gresham, and chad,.. That seems much more dangerous to me.... smile.gif

To each his own.

Exactly Billy, to each his own. For example, in addition to Chad and Gresham, I would prefer the 6'3" Owens and 6'1" Bryant who are proven and have a COMBINED 174 Career TD Receptions (144 Owens, 30 Bryant) While tdlong doesnt think thats quite big enough, and would counter with Jones and Coffman who have a Combined 15 Career TD's but apparently are "more dangerous"

Surprisingly (to me, anyway) upbeat on Mike & Mike this morning about the possible signing. Especially Golic. Essentially saying the Bengals are exactly the kind of team that needs a piece that Owens would be the right fit for.

Why would we want Cosby as the #6 WR and claim we can't get rid of him because of what he brings to the ST table, when he would be inactive ??

Caldwell has the versatility to play inside and outside and is a return guy.

Quite right - if Cosby stays, it's because they plan to make him active. Which means that either A) Bryant is heading to PUP as widely expected, or B)the odd man out on game day is probably Shipley, unless he schools Caldwell in camp.

Or, sure, it's possible Cosby goes. One way or another, unless Bryant's PUPed they will have to make a difficult decision.

Surprisingly (to me, anyway) upbeat on Mike & Mike this morning about the possible signing. Especially Golic. Essentially saying the Bengals are exactly the kind of team that needs a piece that Owens would be the right fit for.

Yeah, I was watching this morning when they were talking about it and Golic did surprise me with that one.

On a side note, Clayton (chicken little) was saying this instantly makes the Bengals the best team in the AFCN.

With that being the line of thought, "Super Bowl contender" are another few words that should be included in that conversation.

Yeah, I'm drinking the kool aid in all its cool tasty deliciousness. What about it ??

Yeah, I was watching this morning when they were talking about it and Golic did surprise me with that one.

On a side note, Clayton (chicken little) was saying this instantly makes the Bengals the best team in the AFCN.

With that being the line of thought, "Super Bowl contender" are another few words that should be included in that conversation.

Yeah, I'm drinking the kool aid in all its cool tasty deliciousness. What about it ??

I'm slamming the kool-aid as well. Think about that 2005 offense. Now think about that 2005 defense! This is the best combo I can ever remember. Palmer would have to lay a tremendous egg to not put up tecmo-bowl numbers.

I've made the statement that I'm expecting big things from the team this year regardless of who shows up on the schedule.

A top 5 defense, a top end running game, a top end o-line, a real TE threat, a healthy Carson, an improved WR corps, and people cast doubts due to the schedule.

I get that, I just don't agree.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/07/27/jets-the-latest-entrant-in-terrell-owens-sweepstakes/

Terrell Owens likes to see his name in the headlines. So do the New York Jets. So it was only a matter of time before Owens and the Jets were in a headline together.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that the Jets are exploring the idea of signing Owens and have contacted Owens' agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

That doesn't mean Owens actually ending up with the Jets is likely; Schefter quotes one source as putting the chances of the Jets signing Owens at "20 percent."

But as we noted a couple weeks ago, the "Final Eight Plan" meant the Jets were among the group of teams that would have to wait until the first training camp opened before they could sign Owens. And now that the first training camp has opened, the Jets are showing some interest.

Interesting, as Holmes isn't going to be playing right away with his suspension.

On a side note, I want to give the Rams credit for not staying in the hunt when they knew TO wasn't going to sign with them.

They cut ties quick and didn't have their fans hanging on, while they were being pawns in a contract game.

PS, I gave a little help there Wal...

Ok, let me try this again...

Because he would not be Mr Inactive #6, he'd be Mr Active #5. Caldwell would be the inactive if Bryant is healthy, and some other schmuck would be if Bryant is not healthy.

Marvin says signing TO has nothing to do with the health of Bryant's knee, so I will remain hopeful with that statement.

I still think Bryant was a good signing and will have a better than average season.

I hope he is not just blowing smoke, as any head coach is wont to do. Obvously, would prefer Bryant to be Healthy.

This is just classic Rosenwhore. I don't know if I believe the Jets are really in it - though I'm sure they wouldn't mind driving the price up for ol' Mikey.

Smartest thing would be to budge a little so Rosenwhore can claim he won, and get the deal done before other teams remember that 1) TO is usually on his best behavior the first year, and 2) his numbers sucked last year because the guy throwing to him wouldn't have been able to start for any BCS school.

This is just classic Rosenwhore. I don't know if I believe the Jets are really in it - though I'm sure they wouldn't mind driving the price up for ol' Mikey.

Smartest thing would be to budge a little so Rosenwhore can claim he won, and get the deal done before other teams remember that 1) TO is usually on his best behavior the first year, and 2) his numbers sucked last year because the guy throwing to him wouldn't have been able to start for any BCS school.

It is a smart move by Drew. Mikey won't budge. The question we have to ask is why he would pick the Bengals over the Jets?

Media and fame - Jets

QB - Bengals

Opportunity for ring - Even

Playing time - Even

Money - You would have to think Jets

There is the slight possibility of personality conflicts with Braylon and Holmes, but you could say the same thing about Chad and Bryant.