2024 Offseason News Thread

I'd take CJ back. His performance with Zach Wilson is probably misleading, and it'd recall the Mecole Hardman situation between the Jets and Chiefs at least with respect to statistical production. Injuries are a legitimate issue though.

[FA or draft pick], Hudson, Uzomah wouldn't be too bad.

Hurst out there too.  Although he had some health scare and I'm not sure he's playing.    CJ, Irv or whatever low level TE, keep it cheap if you go that route.   I wouldn't mind the same group back from last year at the same percentage or less in cap.

Then if there's a true difference maker, maybe you make the play for them.  I think Houston TE just signed tho.

Well every TE is a free agent currently so I'm open to pretty much anything.

Sign Hudson back because Burrow likes him.  Bring back both CJ and Hurst together !! LOL...
Go ahead and draft a TE and let them all battle it out.

Just say no to these old tight ends looking to sign a deal then jump on IR for most of the season.  No.

Tight end is a brutal position.  Guys fall off a cliff after a few years of blocking defensive ends and getting drilled by linebackers and safeties.  There are rare exceptions but - rare. Even Gronk, who still had it, decided the punishment wasn’t worth it anymore.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, COB said:

Now rumors are flying that the nfl screwed up their calculations and the Jessie bates compensatory pick should be a 3rd.  

Thats because the over under in Vegas was 4 and people lost their ass. lol

Browns trade for Jeudy.

The Cleveland Browns have bolstered their receiving rotation, landing wideout Jerry Jeudy in a trade with the Denver Broncos, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

The Browns will send Denver a 2024 fifth- and sixth-round pick to complete the trade, according to Schefter. The trade cannot officially be completed until the new league year begins Wednesday.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39692815/broncos-trade-wr-jerry-jeudy-browns-picks

Pats give up on Mac Jones.

The New England Patriots are finalizing a deal to trade quarterback Mac Jones to the Jacksonville Jaguars, league sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter on Sunday.

The Patriots will receive a 2024 sixth-round pick as compensation, sources told Schefter. The trade cannot be processed until the new league year begins Wednesday and Jones passes a physical.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/39699526/sources-patriots-trade-qb-mac-jones-jaguars

It would have been a good move for almost any team strictly from a money standpoint.
From a production standpoint, it's pretty bleak.  Wilson is not the QB he was when taking the Seahawks to the post-season.

I was thinking, if you caught all of the AFCN QB's in their prime at the same time, this would be insane.

Yes, Cleveland and their QB situation is kind of like being "House Poor".
Only problem for them is, they can't get out of the house.

Just hope Russ Wilson's ego didn't get checked in Denver and his personality issues follow him to Pitt.   If Tomlin can get him to accept playing the way he did prior to the "Let Russ Cook" mantra.   AFC North just got tougher.    Hopefully he flops and does all the crap he did when he first got to Denver.  Like private flim rooms the shit that really irks other players.