2024 Offseason News Thread

16 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Yup great deal for Houston. Buffalo, well, I guess. Just more that goes to show why the Bengals are hanging on to Tee.

Buffalo is deep into Allen’s contract.  They need guys on first contracts.

Buffalo needs to get those rookie deals.   Allen is only $30m against the cap this year and balloons to $60m next.  Yikes.

Their cap situation is hard to follow but they were looking at a tough situation going into the year.  They cut and then resigned some.  But are carrying $54m in dead money this year so to me that's a sign they'll suffer through this year and try to get right the next few.

But it seems the East kind of always have at least 2 teams shit can a season every single year.  Where as the North every team is hoping to win it.

Its even worse in the AFC West were 3 teams are crappy all the time no matter what they do.

Buffalo gave Diggs to the Texans.  Yeah, the Texans gave up a 2nd round pick, however....

Since the Texans traded out of the 1st round this year, here's another perspective in relation to the pick given.
The Texans basically traded out of the first round, got Diggs, a 6th in 2024, a 2nd and 5th in 2025.
The 2nd they gave the Bills was from the Vikings in the trade out of the 1st.

That's a really good deal for the Texans. 

Since I follow the Texans as my #2, I'm happy about this as well.  God knows my son is !!

The bengals have really leaned into character as a factor in their selections.  There are lots of guys on this team who were team captains in college.  Sweat was known for his drinking in colllege, but at the combine he assured teams that it was over.  

I wasn't aware he was known for drinking or that it actually had to be addressed at the combine.
Him assuring teams it was over, only to get a DUI, is damning.

Yeah, off draft boards for sure.

Calling Maason Smith from LSU.  I like him a lot as well.
Just don't let him celebrate a play on the field.

Everyone makes mistakes and thankfully this one doesn't appear to have hurt anyone but him. If I had a nickle for every time I was the dumb drunk or high kid behind the wheel, well, I'd have a lot of coins, let's just say that. So I will cast no stones. That said, his timing does suck, His value was already falling (in that "take every trade" mock I did he was the first pick I made...at 111) and this will certainly not help.

Holy shit, both those teams are packing all their game stuff up and flying it to São Paulo, Brazil!  I’m looking forward to the stories that come out of this trip.  Armed robbery is kind of the national pastime in São Paulo.  I mean it happens constantly.  It’s not like a lawless murder town, but it is a great place to be robbed.  

Im abandoning my career as of this moment and devoting every moment, every resource, everything, to becoming the next Commissioner of the NFL.  When I get the job my first action will be to ship the Steelers to Sao Paulo for every game, every season.  That’ll be my only action, actually.  I’ll resign after I do that, I don’t need all that bullshit.  

• Haha 2